Tennessee Needs to win out

Yet we're expected to beat one of those big 3, who is also the #1 team in the country, to win out?
not expected to no, but good coaches and solid teams beat great teams occasionally. look at Harbaugh at Stanford. Tennessee needs to get one of these big wins.

We played against 3 QB's that most likely will be finalist for the Heisman. The other loss, E Jones had one of his best games. We still should have probably won against Pitt and Ole Miss, but no way I say it will take winning out(which is all but impossible with UGA left) to keep the season a success.

Reactions: ACvol3
I've always thought this was a 9-3 roster with the schedule this year. We need to win out now. I am not down on Heupel but if he only beats Vanderbilt and South Alabama to finish, that's a problem. Way to much talent on this team. inexcusable to lose to Pitt, Ole miss at home and possibly UK. I think we pound UK though.
UT Football doesn't need to win out for anything. We are on schedule for a bowl game. We are improved beyond almost anyone's expectations. Just stay the course. If we can snag a win against UK or UGA all the better but there is no "need" to win out.

I've always thought this was a 9-3 roster with the schedule this year. We need to win out now. I am not down on Heupel but if he only beats Vanderbilt and South Alabama to finish, that's a problem. Way to much talent on this team. inexcusable to lose to Pitt, Ole miss at home and possibly UK. I think we pound UK though.

Way too much talent on a 71 scholarship team.... with a hobbled QB.....with our number 1 RB banged up....our starting G and RT banged up.....and missing our starting MLB.....

I didn't realize they legalized weed in TN.

Personally I thought this was a national championship caliber team. With Dane Davis, Ollie Lane, Solon Page and Kamal Hadden, Heupel should at least be 7-1 right now

I was using the example of Stanford, poverty team, beating all world Pete Carrol at USC. just an exampke
Fine, we will go with your example. Was it or was it not Harbaugh's first year at Stanford? Did the coach have the time to build his team or was he just magic from the beginning?

Reactions: GenRRN
not expected to no, but good coaches and solid teams beat great teams occasionally. look at Harbaugh at Stanford. Tennessee needs to get one of these big wins.

Good coaches can’t mask talent deficiencies when playing teams like bama or UGA that are title contenders. The best we can realistically hope for is beating KY, S bama, and Vandy.

CC034821-3BAA-416F-9072-F629AAB63BC2.jpeg

We played against 3 QB's that most likely will be finalist for the Heisman. The other loss, E Jones had one of his best games. We still should have probably won against Pitt and Ole Miss, but no way I say it will take winning out(which is all but impossible with UGA left) to keep the season a success.
No we shouldn’t have, and the reason is in your first sentence.
Also Jones has been pulled from more games this year than a Dirty Harry pistol.
There’s a reason he had his best game against us. Lack of enough elite defensive talent made it possible.

Dawg you are delusional lol

Harbaugh finished 4-8 his first year at Stanford. Yes, he beat USC. But they were still 4-8.
you're looking way too deep into that. bad team beat a great team. we are a good team, let's beat a really good team at Neyland.

Please explain to us how this is a 9-3 “roster.”

You do understand that Tennessee lost more talent to the portal than anyone……right?

You know this roster is far from full and far from healthy…….right?

You got the fact that the roster was thin, new and having to learn new systems……right?

Tennessee certainly “could” have beaten Pitt and Mississippi……….however given the “roster”………….those shouldn’t have been “expected.” Both of those teams have 1 loss and both have top have top 5 offenses in the country with legit Heisman candidate QB’s.

Personally I thought this was a national championship caliber team. With Dane Davis, Ollie Lane, Solon Page and Kamal Hadden, Heupel should at least be 7-1 right now

Ollie Lane Number 1 overall pick in 2022. Calling it now. Looks like a stud WR at the next level. Calvin Johnson-esque I'm told.

Reactions: T2P_Priceless
Please explain to us how this is a 9-3 “roster.”

You do understand that Tennessee lost more talent to the portal than anyone……right?

You know this roster is far from full and far from healthy…….right?

You got the fact that the roster was thin, new and having to learn new systems……right?

Tennessee certainly “could” have beaten Pitt and Mississippi……….however given the “roster”………….those shouldn’t have been “expected.” Both of those teams have 1 loss and both have top have top 5 offenses in the country with legit Heisman candidate QB’s.
I'm aware of all of that. and despite all of that we are still better than 9 teams on the schedule this year and waaay better than most of them

No we shouldn’t have, and the reason is in your first sentence.
Also Jones has been pulled from more games this year than a Dirty Harry pistol.
There’s a reason he had his best game against us. Lack of enough elite defensive talent made it possible.
*could have

Reactions: GVol1966

VN Store

Back