Tennessee Moves up to Number 16

Why? Did the voters move them up because they realized they are better than last week?

No. Like I said before, if the teams above you lose, you might move up.

Thanks to fellow SEC mates, Arkansas and Kentucky, the Lady Vols moved up two spots.

Why? Did the voters move them up because they realized they are better than last week?

No. Like I said before, if the teams above you lose, you might move up.

Thanks to fellow SEC mates, Arkansas and Kentucky, the Lady Vols moved up two spots.

While what you stated is generally correct, the "voters" obviously take other issues into consideration. For example, Louisville lost to then #4 NC State and fell two spots despite trouncing Boston College in their next game. UConn lost to then #19 Arkansas and remained at #3 by soundly trouncing DePaul in their second meeting of the year. Granted, DePaul was ranked #17, but then, Louisville beat DePaul by 41 when they played! Losing to a lower-ranked team doesn't necessarily, therefore cause a drop. Another example would be Tennessee's rise in the poll after losing a close game to UConn and beating then #12 Kentucky.

Jim

While what you stated is generally correct, the "voters" obviously take other issues into consideration. For example, Louisville lost to then #4 NC State and fell two spots despite trouncing Boston College in their next game. UConn lost to then #19 Arkansas and remained at #3 by soundly trouncing DePaul in their second meeting of the year. Granted, DePaul was ranked #17, but then, Louisville beat DePaul by 41 when they played! Losing to a lower-ranked team doesn't necessarily, therefore cause a drop. Another example would be Tennessee's rise in the poll after losing a close game to UConn and beating then #12 Kentucky.

Jim
I also stated that there were exceptions...lol. Gotta cover my a$$!!!!

Just keep winning and rankings/seeds will take care of themselves.

Well wait a minute I just looked and TN didn’t gain in the NCAA net ranking ! they were number 15 and they stayed number 15 after beating the number 2 team in country which was number 3 before the loss and number 3 after the loss.

It was like the game was a wash and didn’t benefit or hurt either team 🤔

Reactions: Border Vol
Well wait a minute I just looked and TN didn’t gain in the NCAA net ranking ! they were number 15 and they stayed number 15 after beating the number 2 team in country which was number 3 before the loss and number 3 after the loss.

I don't get that at all. Makes no sense.

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN

The fact that it didn’t hurt SC actually means a lot for us. Means the committee thinks we are a good team and a tough out. When teams have lost to bad teams or overrated teams it has dropped them a lot. Lose to a good team on the road and it hasn’t been hurting teams in the NET much.

The fact that it didn’t hurt SC actually means a lot for us. Means the committee thinks we are a good team and a tough out. When teams have lost to bad teams or overrated teams it has dropped them a lot. Lose to a good team on the road and it hasn’t been hurting teams in the NET much.

But a win didn’t seem to help much i just didn’t get it but again i think our overall seed is gonna be good

This year I wish we could host the first two rounds! they earned it

Reactions: VolBall09

VN Store

Back