Tennessee moves up to No. 5 in the AP Top 25

Exactly one year ago the consensus here was we were much better than our league forecast of 13th but there was considerable doubt about our chances for making the Dance. Still a week away from our coming out party vs Purdue.

Reactions: tchandl6
I really wish we were flying under the radar. I just hope the hype doesn't get to the kids, and I'm sure CRB will keep these kids grounded but as mentioned in another thread, Free Throws worry me. We left too many points on the floor instead of the scoreboard.

I really wish we were flying under the radar. I just hope the hype doesn't get to the kids, and I'm sure CRB will keep these kids grounded but as mentioned in another thread, Free Throws worry me. We left too many points on the floor instead of the scoreboard.
If we ever want to be relevant year in, year out like we were under Pearl, we're going to have to let go of the "flying under the radar" stuff. It's a great problem to have.

I like the mindset. IMO flying under the radar isn't such a big deal now that we have so many upperclassmen as the primary contributors. After blowing a great FF opportunity versus Loyola-Chicago I think this team will be ready for everything that's thrown at them.

If we ever want to be relevant year in, year out like we were under Pearl, we're going to have to let go of the "flying under the radar" stuff. It's a great problem to have.
Exactly. Paraphrasing something Barnes said during the summer; We're going to be good, let's find out how good. Next week is the time to ELEVATE your game and play to your potential. GBO

Reactions: StrangeVol
Their team chemistry seems to be really good and they seem to all be pretty humble. I think they'll embrace their ranking and won't let it get to their head.

If Turner comes back at last year's form and AS can get his vision issue resolved and return to last year's form also, then I definitely think this is a top 5 team!

VN Store

Back