Tennessee lands Quentin Diboundje

I like QDE as a player, but he seems a bit redundant with Mashack coming along in the same class.
Between he, Mashack, and Powell will have 3 6’5-6” guards. Assuming Vescovi returns after the next season and we land Edward’s we’ll have another full backcourt. Yet our front court looking paltry

Reactions: volfan__18
I like QDE as a player, but he seems a bit redundant with Mashack coming along in the same class.
Who knows what Bailey and James do after next year, if he’s a guy as a staff you really like you bring him in and see where the chips fall, not like we don’t still have open spots.

Between he, Mashack, and Powell will have 3 6’5-6” guards. Assuming Vescovi returns after the next season and we land Edward’s we’ll have another full backcourt. Yet our front court looking paltry
James best position may be at the point forward spot, if Barnes moves more to small ball we will need those guards.

Reactions: Stoked
James best position may be at the point forward spot, if Barnes moves more to small ball we will need those guards.
I’m hoping for James that he breaks out this season and gets some NBA attention. But yeah if he returns, he can definitely play the 4 in a small lineup. As of right now I think he’ll be doing that a lot this coming season anyway. Am hopeful that we can get Miller in that class too. But still a huge gap in the front court.

I like 'em and I like the 4 years of eligibility and potential more than just a 1 year transfer.

Already has great size and his offensive game looks further along than some others on the team at this time in their career.

Who knows what Bailey and James do after next year, if he’s a guy as a staff you really like you bring him in and see where the chips fall, not like we don’t still have open spots.
No, I get that. Just seems like we are overloading the guard spots, again. That’s fine if we nail it on our post evaluations and commitments. Not a terrific track record there, so just a small cause for concern. Not saying I disagree with the take, at all. I just want to see balance and intense focus on shoring up the frontline.

I watched a couple of Montverde games against Oak Hill and also against Kennedy's team, but I do not remember this kid. Did he play for their varsity team? I know they have a development team for those that do not play on their varsity team, but I am confused why he is not listed on their roster nor has any stats on their site.

Reactions: The Hound
I watched a couple of Montverde games against Oak Hill and also against Kennedy's team, but I do not remember this kid. Did he play for their varsity team? I know they have a development team for those that do not play on their varsity team, but I am confused why he is not listed on their roster nor has any stats on their site.
Played on the post-grad team.

He was on their post graduate team. Still good competition against other D1 players.

Reactions: AurantiacoFan
They will each have 4 years of eligibility, and so will Powell. I'm guessing there's a plan here.
Well, the fact they all fall in the same class is kind of my point. Would like to see players at the same positions more spread out. It isn’t a huge concern, but just a notable point.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
Can't have enough versatile guards/wings on the roster. Look at Baylor for instance. Santi, Bailey, Chandler, Mashack, JJJ, Powell, and now QD. Replacing Gaines and Pember with QD and Powell is a win in my mind. Chandler and Mashack should come close to matching what Keon and Jaden have us last year, and Chandler might easily be the best player of the 4 of them.

Now we just have to figure out what to do in the frontcourt. Walker hopefully contributes if he stays. BHH is hopefully here. Fulky might come back. ON and/or Uros need to give us something as well.

If we are going to run this many wings, hopefully that signals a change in offensive philosophy. I'm not going to hold my breath, just going to hope he can shoot 38+ percent from 3 here and that he isn't a wait 3 years project.

Can't have enough versatile guards/wings on the roster. Look at Baylor for instance. Santi, Bailey, Chandler, Mashack, JJJ, Powell, and now QD. Replacing Gaines and Pember with QD and Powell is a win in my mind. Chandler and Mashack should come close to matching what Keon and Jaden have us last year, and Chandler might easily be the best player of the 4 of them.

Now we just have to figure out what to do in the frontcourt. Walker hopefully contributes if he stays. BHH is hopefully here. Fulky might come back. ON and/or Uros need to give us something as well.

Get BHH and we have all we need. Get a transfer big also, and we are totally set. Anything else - maybe a backup pg - would be gravy.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
No, I get that. Just seems like we are overloading the guard spots, again. That’s fine if we nail it on our post evaluations and commitments. Not a terrific track record there, so just a small cause for concern. Not saying I disagree with the take, at all. I just want to see balance and intense focus on shoring up the frontline.

This year we get 13 schollys PLUS any of the returning seniors. So with Anosike returning, we can have 14 total. if Fulky returns, we can have 15 total. (Assume Pons is gone, but if he returns he would not take a scholarship position from the 13). We only need six at most for positions 4&5. If Fulky and Anoskie return, means we can have as many as 8 in the backcourt. If they don't, we would have six in the frontcourt and 7 in the backcourt. Seven is what we have right now in the backcourt by my count: Chandler, Vescovi, Bailey, Powell, Mashack, JJJ, and this kid. So we can have Anosike and Fulky and 6 MORE. With Plavisc, Olivier, Walker, we have room for three more bigs or two bigs and another guard. Is my reasoning correct?

Definitely need to turn the attention to the post

Loading up on wing types again ... Marshak ??, This KId , transfer from Aub , JJ, Bailey, Viscovi ... we dont need more wings .. we need some studs inside ..that can rebound a missed 3 pt shot and pound glass .. need a trasnfer portal guy 6'9 250 , then get the BHH kid .. and another ...

We will get another big or two, but Baylor only started one guy over 6'5." Mark Vital averaged almost 7 rebounds per game at 6'5." Certainly need a post presence, but long wings, who can shoot, are very important in today's games.

Well, the fact they all fall in the same class is kind of my point. Would like to see players at the same positions more spread out. It isn’t a huge concern, but just a notable point.
Mashack, Powell and Q could all play on the court the same time, I don’t think they are all pigeon holed to 1 position and that being the same position.

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92

VN Store

Back