Tennessee Lady Vols Softball Schedule

Garbage schedule. Should have just played an all SEC schedule. The coach that made that schedule should FIRED!

Reactions: SEC FAN 1111
Garbage schedule. Should have just played an all SEC schedule. The coach that made that schedule should FIRED!
Considering the circumstances with losing money last year and this, the pandemic, limited travel and it appears all the major early tournaments have been cancelled (Mary Nutter and St. Petersburg for example) it looks pretty good. All SEC sounds good but would hurt teams getting into the tournament and seedings. The non conference mid week are the games you get your young players and pitching work if all goes well. (Although we pushed that at times last year). So lets play ball!!

Considering the circumstances with losing money last year and this, the pandemic, limited travel and it appears all the major early tournaments have been cancelled (Mary Nutter and St. Petersburg for example) it looks pretty good. All SEC sounds good but would hurt teams getting into the tournament and seedings. The non conference mid week are the games you get your young players and pitching work if all goes well. (Although we pushed that at times last year). So lets play ball!!
I understand the circumstances with the pandemic but I have to agree that it is a terrible home schedule. I am glad I opted-out of season tickets and I will watch the games on television and the internet instead. This kind of schedule is certainly not the risk of going in person to the games. Hopefully by the 2022 season we can get back to major opponents and enjoyable, competitive games. Until then, we will have to make do.

Someone is angry, softball season must be near.

An all-SEC schedule would have been fun, but the league's coaches voted against it, nearly unanimously. You may have noticed UT is playing an SEC team in a non-conference series to help fill out the schedule.

Well, they were scheduled to play in the ESPN St. Petersburg tourney that would have had them playing at least 4 ranked opponents, but that event was cancelled. And it was cancelled fairly late in the game, leaving a gap in the schedule. With travel costs reduced, I'd imagine they had their ability to take flights reduced quite a bit as well. They had two ACC teams committed to the home tournament, we'll see if that holds up after the ACC finalizes the restrictions on their non-conference games. Liberty, Tennessee Tech and Tennessee State are all the back end of two-year contracts.

Regardless, they'll be tested mightily with the first three SEC series, all against likely preseason top-10 teams.

An all-SEC schedule would have been fun, but the league's coaches voted against it, nearly unanimously. You may have noticed UT is playing an SEC team in a non-conference series to help fill out the schedule.

Playing A&M in non-conference means nothing as they are predicted to finish last by every one!

Well, they were scheduled to play in the ESPN St. Petersburg tourney that would have had them playing at least 4 ranked opponents, but that event was cancelled. And it was cancelled fairly late in the game, leaving a gap in the schedule. With travel costs reduced, I'd imagine they had their ability to take flights reduced quite a bit as well. They had two ACC teams committed to the home tournament, we'll see if that holds up after the ACC finalizes the restrictions on their non-conference games. Liberty, Tennessee Tech and Tennessee State are all the back end of two-year contracts.

Regardless, they'll be tested mightily with the first three SEC series, all against likely preseason top-10 teams.
I see your Deer Park and raise you a Humble.

We start at #23 in one poll, going to have to earn our way up. The games at Troy were also cancelled with maybe new ones coming.

That's a cop out. If it's that bad then cancel and wait another year. It's laziness

VN Store

Back