Tennessee Lady Vols Softball 2022.

Not sure about Sarvis in the OF, I know she played a little in summer. Good athlete, decent speed but more of a 3B/2B with limited range.
Agree 100%, others out there with better speed and she looks a little uneasy, but not going to be much PT at 2B/3B. It looks like Taylor and Zaida have those locked down with Jenna first sub. So Camryn will have to find her niche.

Agree 100%, others out there with better speed and she looks a little uneasy, but not going to be much PT at 2B/3B. It looks like Taylor and Zaida have those locked down with Jenna first sub. So Camryn will have to find her niche.

And that's what it is, she'll be a UTL. I wouldn't be surprised to see her get time at 1B, 2B, 3B and corner OF in backup roles. I figured seeing her a few times in the last few years SS was not her spot based on side to side range.

I looked through your old posts to see when the last time was that you posted something positive. I couldn't find the answer, so I'll settle for the last non-negative post, which happened on Oct 27, 2020. That was when you listed your all-time starting 5. Literally every other post since was negative. I bet you're fun at parties.
There is a reason. Not done ANYTHING worthy of a positive post. WCWS yet? WNCAA Final 4 yet?

Oh and you obviously missed the Volleyball posts.

At least I don't run around yelling all is right with the programs when any one with 2 brain cells can see they have slipped and some are still slipping. UT softball is NOT competing for Championships, Soccer is, Basketball is trying but not having any commitments is a set back

OR: Camryn, Jami, Katie OF, Jenna, Amanda, Destiny, Gracie IF, Jackie C, Payton (st) Ashley, Karlyn P

Blue: Brylee, Kiki, Rylie OF, Zaida, Mackenzie, Taylor, McKenna IF, Giulia C, Ryleigh (st), Charli, Nicola P

KP in attendance, Erin announcing, Ashley Morgan blue bullpen catcher. Good to see them in attendance.

Ballgame, 9-3 Orange. Kiki, Gracie, and Camryn all homered. Ryleigh, Charli, and Nicola all hit pretty good by Orange. Jami hit the ball hard several times including 2r double to the wall. Amanda made 3 nice plays but then had 2 throwing errors. Interesting that Rylie played RF and that Giulia caught with that team’s composition. Maybe just some different work for each. Scariest moment was when Karlyn hit Kiki in the knee and almost dropped her, she could barely walk to 1B. Jackie can catch! Good receiver, strong arm, threw behind Kiki and caught her off 2B. Blue Team genuinely pissed after game, shook hands but no smiles!

Ballgame, 9-3 Orange. Kiki, Gracie, and Camryn all homered. Ryleigh, Charli, and Nicola all hit pretty good by Orange. Jami hit the ball hard several times including 2r double to the wall. Amanda made 3 nice plays but then had 2 throwing errors. Interesting that Rylie played RF and that Giulia caught with that team’s composition. Maybe just some different work for each. Scariest moment was when Karlyn hit Kiki in the knee and almost dropped her, she could barely walk to 1B. Jackie can catch! Good receiver, strong arm, threw behind Kiki and caught her off 2B. Blue Team genuinely pissed after game, shook hands but no smiles!

Jackie is a steal at catcher, really like her against Tech behind the plate. Hitting will come but she’s polished as a catcher. I assume the pitching was decided to see how those 3 mentioned faired with the better hitters and might of sealed up the rotation and order with the loss. Ashley, Payton, Pickens, White, Simpson and Charli in order. Just my assumption but the better 3 were together vs the ones that need to have a good fall.

Last edited:
Reactions: anecwnrjcns12
Jackie is a steal at catcher, really like her against Tech behind the plate. Hitting will come but she’s polished as a catcher. I assume the pitching was decided to see how those 3 mentioned faired with the better hitters and might of sealed up the rotation and order with the loss. Ashley, Payton, Pickens, White, Simpson and Charli in order. Just my assumption but the better 3 we’re together vs the ones that need to have a good fall.
I think that is a very accurate ordering of our pitchers. Jackie is definitely a nice addition to our depth.

I looked through your old posts to see when the last time was that you posted something positive. I couldn't find the answer, so I'll settle for the last non-negative post, which happened on Oct 27, 2020. That was when you listed your all-time starting 5. Literally every other post since was negative. I bet you're fun at parties.
Please do mine. He’s not all wrong here. Sucks but it’s true. Darby is from TN and there are TN kids on both teams but not the coveted ones

That’s a wrap for fall, 21-2 after 10, was 14-1 after 7. Nicola, Ryleigh, and Charli tossed. Taylor P, Kiki, Jami OF, Zaida, Mackenzie, Destiny, McKenna IF Giulia C Gracie DP Mackenzie with 4 hits, McKenna and Jackie HRs. Only Rylie didn’t play, maybe sick or slightly injured?? Excited for spring , got a couple things defensively to work on but I think we have the bats and some pitching depth.

That’s a wrap for fall, 21-2 after 10, was 14-1 after 7. Nicola, Ryleigh, and Charli tossed. Taylor P, Kiki, Jami OF, Zaida, Mackenzie, Destiny, McKenna IF Giulia C Gracie DP Mackenzie with 4 hits, McKenna and Jackie HRs. Only Rylie didn’t play, maybe sick or slightly injured?? Excited for spring , got a couple things defensively to work on but I think we have the bats and some pitching depth.
What would be your lineup? And how do you see the pitching staff panning out?

What would be your lineup? And how do you see the pitching staff panning out?
Lair-Kiki-Giulia OF
Zaida-Mackenzie-Taylor-McKenna IF
Rylie C Gracie DP
Destiny, Katie, Jackie, first subs
Ashley-Payton weekends
Karlyn-Ryleigh weekends/midweek
Nicola-Charli midweek

Neither Taylor nor Destiny are natural at 2B both a little cumbersome and stiff but they have 3 months for a lot of reps.

Last edited:
Reactions: anecwnrjcns12
Lair-Kiki-Giulia OF
Zaida-Mackenzie-Taylor-McKenna IF
Rylie C Gracie DP
Destiny, Katie, Jackie, first subs
Ashley-Payton weekends
Karlyn-Ryleigh weekends/midweek
Nicola-Charli midweek

Neither Taylor nor Destiny are natural at 2B both a little cumbersome and stiff but they have 3 months for a lot of reps.
Do you think Lair will be healthy once season starts?

What is the scout on her?

Goelz said Dodge reminds him of former Mustang pitcher Payton Kinney, who finished her four-year career with a record of 23-3. “Very similar stuff and really good command of the circle,” he said. “No moment is too big for her. She makes money pitches when she needs to. She doesn’t have the most talented stuff, doesn’t have the most speed. “But I’d put her heart up against anybody. She is one of those kids who I think is going to will her way to victory. I’m glad we've got her for a few years.”

...Said Goelz, “She’s a future coach, I think, by all means. She’s mature; she’s a smart kid. Even last year as a freshman, she really didn’t act like a freshman. She has a strong confidence about her. Not to the point where it’s cocky or overbearing. A good, strong young lady.”

In the circle, the 5-foot-7, 155-pounder uses a rise ball, which she’s able to throw low, medium, and high in the strike zone, with differing speeds. “A good rise ball in high school can take you a long way,” Goelz said. “Going north and south, on different planes, is better than east and west.” Dodge also throws what she calls a “flip change” and utilizes the long-forgotten screwball to attack left-handed batters. “We do it for lefties and lefty slap hitters,” Goelz said. “It breaks into a lefty and also changes planes a little bit.”
https://www.heraldtribune.com/story...-softball-pitcher-embraces-future/7066648001/

Sophomore pitcher Ella Dodge was named Class 7A Player of the Year...in the Florida Dairy Farmers media vote. Dodge went 25-2, setting a school record for victories, with a 1.02 earned run average and 219 strikeouts and 24 walks in 152 innings in her first year in the circle for Lakewood Ranch.
Dodge, Goelz honored in Florida Dairy Farmers media voting

Last edited:
Goelz said Dodge reminds him of former Mustang pitcher Payton Kinney, who finished her four-year career with a record of 23-3. “Very similar stuff and really good command of the circle,” he said. “No moment is too big for her. She makes money pitches when she needs to. She doesn’t have the most talented stuff, doesn’t have the most speed. “But I’d put her heart up against anybody. She is one of those kids who I think is going to will her way to victory. I’m glad we've got her for a few years.”

...Said Goelz, “She’s a future coach, I think, by all means. She’s mature; she’s a smart kid. Even last year as a freshman, she really didn’t act like a freshman. She has a strong confidence about her. Not to the point where it’s cocky or overbearing. A good, strong young lady.”

In the circle, the 5-foot-7, 155-pounder uses a rise ball, which she’s able to throw low, medium, and high in the strike zone, with differing speeds “A good rise ball in high school can take you a long way,” Goelz said. “Going north and south, on different planes, is better than east and west.” Dodge also throws what she calls a “flip change” and utilizes the long-forgotten screwball to attack left-handed batters. “We do it for lefties and lefty slap hitters,” Goelz said. “It breaks into a lefty and also changes planes a little bit.”
https://www.heraldtribune.com/story...-softball-pitcher-embraces-future/7066648001/

Sophomore pitcher Ella Dodge was named Class 7A Player of the Year...in the Florida Dairy Farmers media vote. Dodge went 25-2, setting a school record for victories, with a 1.02 earned run average and 219 strikeouts and 24 walks in 152 innings in her first year in the circle for Lakewood Ranch.
Dodge, Goelz honored in Florida Dairy Farmers media voting
Thanks for the info.

Saviya = great name Only other time I've heard it used was as a character in an old western movie, "The Stalking Moon". " Saviya"
was the super bad Indian that was chasing Gregory Peck to get his wife & son back. Great movie imho

Reactions: Putbacks

Interesting pickup. Tall athletic/slapper/MI with a track back ground. From the same area as Pickens plays for the Carolina Cardinals National team. Not much out there on her but would assume she came to camp and did well, and they see a need for her as MI/OF. I scratched my head on some of the others I've heard they reached out to early but maybe this pick up took care of those.

** Based off last name and geography is she related Heath/Navy

Last edited:

Interesting pickup. Tall athletic/slapper/MI with a track back ground. From the same area as Pickens plays for the Carolina Cardinals National team. Not much out there on her but would assume she came to camp and did well, and they see a need for her as MI/OF. I scratched my head on some of the others I've heard they reached out to early but maybe this pick up took care of those.

** Based off last name and geography is she related Heath/Navy

I would say she is out of the same strain of Shulars we are familiar with!!!!

Summer of Zoie | The Graham Star, Robbinsville, North Carolina

Try this great article from last year!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back