Tennessee Lady Vols Softball 2022.

I want to get a gauge on what everyone thinks about how the pitching will pan out? Obviously Ashley is our ace, but what after that? Who will pitch in SEC games? Will they go the full 7 or multiple pitchers in a game? Will we rely on our offense again to win us games or is this staff capable of holding down some good teams?

I want to get a gauge on what everyone thinks about how the pitching will pan out? Obviously Ashley is our ace, but what after that? Who will pitch in SEC games? Will they go the full 7 or multiple pitchers in a game? Will we rely on our offense again to win us games or is this staff capable of holding down some good teams?

My October depth chart
SEC
Ashley
Payton
White/Pickens

MIDWEEK Pickens/White
Simpson
Orsini

The good news is we have arms this year the bad news is we don’t have the innings to keep the 5-6 happy whoever that ends up being. I don’t think Karen will go the showcase format unless the offense can put up runs to save innings.

Last edited:
Kiki Milloy’s little sister committed to Oklahoma, that one hurts. Siblings are always weird, you’ve got the leach’s who all ended up at Tennessee, and then the Milloy’s who all did their own thing.
Don't believe there was much interest from either side in regards to Tia. But you're right, siblings are unique in wanting their own way. I have a son that chose to play another sport (stop playing baseball ) because he didn't want to live in the shadow of his older sister.

My October depth chart
SEC
Ashley
Payton
White/Pickens

MIDWEEK Pickens/White
Simpson
Orsini

The good news is we have arms this year the bad news is we don’t have the innings to keep everyone happy the 5-6 happy whoever that ends up being. I don’t think Karen will go the showcase format unless the offense can put up runs to save innings.
It’s nice to see your thoughts. I have a question who do you think has the biggest upside this season? I have a feeling white just because she seems like she worked her butt off to get in better shape physically and I’ve heard she’s throwing a lot better. I know Payton can get the K’s but against much better competition will she give up a lot of runs? I honestly don’t want any pressure on Pickens until like a quarter of the way through conference. She’s good, but I don’t want the youth to be a hindrance to her mentally bc we all know where that leads to. As far as Simpson and Orsini no one is asking them to be K pitchers, but if they can just come in and throw strikes and get us some grounders I think that’s all the staff & us as fans are asking for.

Reactions: TouchOfGrey
I think Ashley, Peyton, Ryleigh, and Karlyn will pitch the SEC games as well. Ryleigh has looked good this fall and I hope that trend continues as the competition ramps up. Ashley is the only one I currently trust for 7, hopefully a couple of the others get there. It’s tough the 2nd and 3rd time through SEC lineups.

Reactions: anecwnrjcns12
I think Ashley, Peyton, Ryleigh, and Karlyn will pitch the SEC games as well. Ryleigh has looked good this fall and I hope that trend continues as the competition ramps up. Ashley is the only one I currently trust for 7, hopefully a couple of the others get there. It’s tough the 2nd and 3rd time through SEC lineups.
That’s the next step I wanna see White take is the 2nd & 3rd time through just mixing her arsenal & sequence.

It’s nice to see your thoughts. I have a question who do you think has the biggest upside this season? I have a feeling white just because she seems like she worked her butt off to get in better shape physically and I’ve heard she’s throwing a lot better. I know Payton can get the K’s but against much better competition will she give up a lot of runs? I honestly don’t want any pressure on Pickens until like a quarter of the way through conference. She’s good, but I don’t want the youth to be a hindrance to her mentally bc we all know where that leads to. As far as Simpson and Orsini no one is asking them to be K pitchers, but if they can just come in and throw strikes and get us some grounders I think that’s all the staff & us as fans are asking for.

White stayed in town this summer and worked with a different set of eyes on her to clean up some things mechanically. And it's paying off in regards to having clean innings, which is where she struggled last year. Payton has experience and will benefit by not having to carry the workload and same is said for Ashley who will benefit the most by having Payton here. Pickens ideally would be as needed midweek or SEC closer , to me if she ends up being bumped higher say #3 (which is possible) I'm not sure that is a good thing in regards to the others (White, Simpson, Charli). Simpson looks better but to me is a dime a dozen kid, Charli although I have not seen her this fall, I was told has not changed much since summer, contact outs and lives majority on a drop ball.

Maybe Deerpark can chime in, but Payton I would believe has 2 years (covid year left), White has 2 years, Simpson 3 years, Pickens and Charli 4 years. It does not leave much class separation for Simpson and Charli if they end up being 5-6 and very little chance of RS unless medical issue comes.

Last edited:
Oooo that one did hurt. I have learned that younger siblings of older players may not be as impactful. I am not saying that she won’t be or the leach twins, but it’s something I always think about. I wonder if she stays at OU. Given the talent they bring in with their recruiting let alone transfers I am expecting other players to transfer out to other schools.

Don’t forget Kiki is a younger sibling to an older player herself!

Reactions: anecwnrjcns12
Esther White to UGA. This one hurts as the highest ranked in-state kid who had been on campus in recent weeks. Also shows we are not where we need to be with the national brands like Unity, Mojo-Danley/Fisher and Dukes National. All regional teams with top tier kids we can’t secure.

Rogers is our last #1 ranked player from the state we got.

Last few classes
2021 Class- Barnhart- Alabama
2022 Class- Berzon - LSU
2023 Class- Danley - FSU
2024 Class - White- UGA

Last edited:
Basketball nonexistent recruiting

Softball poor recruiting

I looked through your old posts to see when the last time was that you posted something positive. I couldn't find the answer, so I'll settle for the last non-negative post, which happened on Oct 27, 2020. That was when you listed your all-time starting 5. Literally every other post since was negative. I bet you're fun at parties.

Another pitcher for the 2024 class. From NY State, assuming based on her playing with GA Impact Premier- Caymol (same Caymol of former commit) and coming south that her pitching coach is Mike Muhleisen, which means power, drop and rise style.

I watched her in person at PGF & she’s good. Definitely excited about this one.

Hope she's not injury prone at UT. Here is a paragraph about her from a story on FloSoftball:

Nuwer has come through several major injuries during her softball career.
At 14, she broke her hip during a pitching workout after landing the wrong way. She also has broken the same arm four different times (not her pitching arm, thankfully). Each one occurred in a different way: a gymnastics routine, rollerblading, catching a fly ball the wrong way.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Well, 11-0 after 3. Ashley 6K, 1h, 1bb, completely overwhelmed them as to be expected. Zaida 2 run homer over cf patio, Jackie based loaded walk, McKenna 2 run double, Mackenzie 2 run double, Taylor 2 run HR onto cf patio( I think her 6 of the fall), McKenna HR into scoreboard and Rylie scored on double off wall and errors. Great results but have to take into account competition. But a positive 3 innings. Charli and Destiny (came into game in 3rd) the battery to start 4th.

15-0 after 5, Charli 0h, 2bb, nice job overall, Gracie grand slam off top of scoreboard: Camryn, Brylee, Jami in OF, Jenna, Amanda, Destiny(getting time at 2B), Gracie and Giulia (getting time at C), Ryleigh to start 6th.

Balllgame 29-1after 7. Ryleigh 1r, 4h in 2 innings, deserved better, Camryn made diving catch not called and ball bounced out of a diving Jami’s glove. Jenna 3 r HR, we took batting practice last 2 innings. Not sure what we got out of a game like today other than confidence but that’s important. Giulia cat quick behind the plate and nice arm to second but I’m sure it was just for today.

Balllgame 29-1after 7. Ryleigh 1r, 4h in 2 innings, deserved better, Camryn made diving catch not called and ball bounced out of a diving Jami’s glove. Jenna 3 r HR, we took batting practice last 2 innings. Not sure what we got out of a game like today other than confidence but that’s important. Giulia cat quick behind the plate and nice arm to second but I’m sure it was just for today.
THANKS FOR REPORT

15-0 after 5, Charli 0h, 2bb, nice job overall, Gracie grand slam off top of scoreboard: Camryn, Brylee, Jami in OF, Jenna, Amanda, Destiny(getting time at 2B), Gracie and Giulia (getting time at C), Ryleigh to start 6th.

Not sure about Sarvis in the OF, I know she played a little in summer. Good athlete, decent speed but more of a 3B/2B with limited range.

VN Store

Back