Tennessee Lady Vols Softball 2022.

Lair, Kiki, Zaida, Mackenzie D, Taylor P, McKenna, Rylie, and Gracie looks good on paper offensively. Add in one OF and Amanda C who I think can give us quality ABs……. We could be pretty good. Fall will be competitive, can’t wait to see all the new folks and returners battling it out for PT.

We looked good on paper last season--but then the playoffs started, per usual.

Thanks but they could not put resubstitute Gibson back in the game to just bat?

Yes, and that is what happened more often than not. Typically, if Gibson reached base in the middle innings, they would go ahead and let Fox run for her and stay in defensively. Then Gibson would re-enter the next time the spot came up in the order if there were runners on.

Recruit athletes/UTL and figure it out later. Lair was with Corona Tyson and HS a MI, players like her can transition with reps. It was obvious she was going to be starting at 2B over Fox last fall after a few fall games, not sure how a healthy Thompson would have factored in being we havent seen much to say one way or the other. I'd be surprised if Lair ends up in the OF based off having depth and recruiting traditional OF this class and last class. Taylor, Mesusan, Ahlin and Brockenbrough... I don't see Goodloe getting reps anything outside of running.

Danihoo falls into that category of MI/OF. This should be our most balanced team of speed and power at the plate we've had in some time at the plate.

Unless there’s an injury to Pannel or Donihoo, I will bet you anything that you want to wager that Lair will be exclusively in the outfield.

Unless there’s an injury to Pannel or Donihoo, I will bet you anything that you want to wager that Lair will be exclusively in the outfield.
Believe with Lair right now is her recovery on her labrum. She won't see either side of the field until spring, more reps for the others until she returns.

If any of you guys have the ESPN app you can watch the PGF 18u championship and orsini pitched the 6th and part of the seventh. Like someone mentioned her drop is very good, but definitely a mystery to see how good can she really be. Definitely has some energy in the circle & at times reminded me of Matty Moss.
Matty Moss is and was one of my favorite LVs. A good pitcher and a great cheerleader for the team even on the mound. Hope this young lady is the same!

If any of you guys have the ESPN app you can watch the PGF 18u championship and orsini pitched the 6th and part of the seventh. Like someone mentioned her drop is very good, but definitely a mystery to see how good can she really be. Definitely has some energy in the circle & at times reminded me of Matty Moss.
To me Moss was able to have a little pop in her ball by her stride of 7 feet. Good whip and cut down the distance.

To me Moss was able to have a little pop in her ball by her stride of 7 feet. Good whip and cut down the distance.
Moss was definitely a surprise to me. When I watched her early as a freshman I did not think that she would play such a big role as she ended up doing. She was essentially our whole pitching staff for 2017 and 2018

I dont understand!
They were close off the field. Typically many of these girls only have 1-2 true friends off the field, not acquittances which is the majority. Anna and her were extremely close, roommates, faith to even having local family at games to support Amanda. I'm sure Amanda also saw the writing on the wall in regards to playing time/AB.

Sad to see Amanda go, I truly thought she might have given us some quality ABs this year but I wish her the best. Not surprised, everywhere you saw Anna you saw Amanda and competition for PT will be stiff.
Good family always there. Her knee/leg really set her back. Hopefully she gets fully healthy wherever she winds up. She definitely has some pop in her bat. Wish her all the best.

Release from Tennessee Athletics...

Nineteen Lady Vols Receive Easton/NFCA All-America Scholar-Athlete Honors

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — The National Fastpitch Coaches Association (NFCA) announced that 19 members of the Tennessee softball program received Easton/NFCA All-America Scholar-Athlete honors for the 2021-22 academic year.

To be eligible for All-America Scholar Athlete honors, a student-athlete must achieve a 3.5 or better cumulative GPA for the 2021-22 academic year only. Tennessee's honorees are listed below:​

UT's 19 All-America Scholar Athletes were the most of any team in the Southeastern Conference. Additionally, Tennessee's 3.619 team GPA for the 2021-22 academic year was the highest in the league and ranked 19th among NCAA Division I programs.

Other academic highlights for the Big Orange during the 2022 season included 14 Lady Vols on the Spring SEC Academic Honor Roll, a program-record eight newcomers on the First-Year SEC Academic Honor Roll and two players earning CoSIDA Academic All-America distinction. The Tennessee softball team has put together five consecutive semesters with a team GPA above a 3.5, and its 3.619 average for the entire 2021-22 academic year was the program's highest in recorded history.​

Random thought: do you guys think that we could've made a WCWS if Annie Aldrete stayed at UT?
I will give an opinion . At the time she committed and up until she lost her best friend to suicide she was going to make a big difference with her bat the best i remember . Without looking anything up she had to be one of the top catchers in the land. This and the distance to Cali was too much to overcome i think. That is just my memory thoughts!

VN Store

Back