Tennessee Lady Vols Softball 2022.

Pitching was not the biggest problem at the end of last season. I don’t think our hitters coulda hit beach balls those last two weekends.
I agree that we couldn’t have hit the ball even if they lobbed in it to us. I mean I didn’t have the best confidence in this staff considering that rogers wasn’t healthy, edmundson was too HR prone, simpson & white were both newcomers to our staff, & bender was never really effective this season. I think that a healthy rogers will be back, gottshall has proven to be effective & with megan’s help she can only get better, simpson’s experience with the canadian national team will only help her, white got more experience here this season than at texas, pickens will be good and will have many pitchers to learn and grow from, & orsini is solid.

I agree that we couldn’t have hit the ball even if they lobbed in it to us. I mean I didn’t have the best confidence in this staff considering that rogers wasn’t healthy, edmundson was too HR prone, simpson & white were both newcomers to our staff, & bender was never really effective this season. I think that a healthy rogers will be back, gottshall has proven to be effective & with megan’s help she can only get better, simpson’s experience with the canadian national team will only help her, white got more experience here this season than at texas, pickens will be good and will have many pitchers to learn and grow from, & orsini is solid.

The pitching can certainly be better…for sure.

I think Erin Edmoundson saved our bacon. She only gave up 3 runs in the final game. I went back and looked and we were 11-73 in the 3 games vs OR ST for a.151 batting average. Hopefully a healthy Ashley and more pitching depth and a potent set of bats will correct this season’s abrupt disappointing end. Cautiously optimistic!

I think Erin Edmoundson saved our bacon. She only gave up 3 runs in the final game. I went back and looked and we were 11-73 in the 3 games vs OR ST for a.151 batting average. Hopefully a healthy Ashley and more pitching depth and a potent set of bats will correct this season’s abrupt disappointing end. Cautiously optimistic!
I agree that EE was a god sent and definitely kept us in the top 20 all season. I just think that with how up and down our offense was that maybe a more dominant pitcher would have made me feel more comfortable. Don’t get me wrong EE is very crafty and honestly was a lot better here at ut than what I always saw from her at tech.

We had players who could hit, they just didn't do it in the biggest games--which has been a common theme in the last, what, 10 years?

Baseball and softball scholarships need to be upped to 15-16 IMO.
I think a lot of smaller schools would object to this. Many of them don’t even use all the scholarships they can now because they struggle to raise the money. The end result would just be the rich getting richer.

I think a lot of smaller schools would object to this. Many of them don’t even use all the scholarships they can now because they struggle to raise the money. The end result would just be the rich getting richer.

They might, but it’s being discussed right now. The Power 5 have the autonomy to make that change if they so choose. So the small schools can object, but it doesn’t matter.

Reactions: EZE
They might, but it’s being discussed right now. The Power 5 have the autonomy to make that change if they so choose. So the small schools can object, but it doesn’t matter.

I hope they do it. Softball is on a great trajectory right now IMO (baseball too). 12 scholarships is ridiculously low for sports that field 9-10 players (I’m counting DPs).

Anyone know where we stand with scholarships? With all the big names entering the portal this week was wondering if we’d have interest or anything to offer.

Anyone know where we stand with scholarships? With all the big names entering the portal this week was wondering if we’d have interest or anything to offer.
I would be very surprised if we had any money left given our roster is currently at 23. Maybe if someone could get an NIL deal that would attract some people

S
She is still entertaining a few schools based on her graduate degree but I'd be surprise if she is somewhere outside of the state of NC. Family relocated there a few years ago and has another younger sister who has Duke and UNC on the radar.
Sounds like our Leach family tree!

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Non-Lady Vol news but big win for SEC recruiting with UCLA to Big Ten news today. I expect 2 more to the Big Ten in the next year with them. Gonna break up the Pac-12. UCLA will still get theirs but the SEC will have the premier spot to play softball all to themselves.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Non-Lady Vol news but big win for SEC recruiting with UCLA to Big Ten news today. I expect 2 more to the Big Ten in the next year with them. Gonna break up the Pac-12. UCLA will still get theirs but the SEC will have the premier spot to play softball all to themselves.

College sports continue on a bad path IMO

UCLA playing softball in Minneapolis in March?

Last edited:

VN Store

Back