CF - Milloy
LF -
RF -
1B - Gibson/Keene
2B - Beautae
SS -
3B - Puni/Gibson
C - West
I think that there is a lot of flexibility in the corners with any one of them being the DP on a given night. I think with the addition of Donihoo she’ll take the LF spot as that is where she played in the WCWS. However, of her 24 starts her freshman year 13 we’re at second base so there is some flexibility with her and Beautae there and in LF. Also I am not entirely sure why Beautae didn’t start at 2nd the latter half, injury? (some insider info would be appreciated). In terms of the freshman, I assume that Pannell would fit into the lineup somewhere as I don’t know what her primary position is. Could she play short? Idk. Regarding the staff, it is entirely a mystery to me (what’s new?) but I think if Rogers does come back she is the number 1. I think a lot of our success in the circle really comes down to the development of White and Simpson. Gottshall should be helpful in eating up some innings and might even help on sec weekends in a game 2 starter/game 3 relief role. I think Pickens needs to be eased into it despite her being so talented. Get her a couple wins early and then start her against some big teams to see how she responds. I think Orsini might be a relief, but needs to work on the hopping.

Just thinking extremely ahead. Our field currently looks like this:
CF - Milloy
LF -
RF -
1B - Gibson/Keene
2B - Beautae
SS -
3B - Puni/Gibson
C - West
I think that there is a lot of flexibility in the corners with any one of them being the DP on a given night. I think with the addition of Donihoo she’ll take the LF spot as that is where she played in the WCWS. However, of her 24 starts her freshman year 13 we’re at second base so there is some flexibility with her and Beautae there and in LF. Also I am not entirely sure why Beautae didn’t start at 2nd the latter half, injury? (some insider info would be appreciated). In terms of the freshman, I assume that Pannell would fit into the lineup somewhere as I don’t know what her primary position is. Could she play short? Idk. Regarding the staff, it is entirely a mystery to me (what’s new?) but I think if Rogers does come back she is the number 1. I think a lot of our success in the circle really comes down to the development of White and Simpson. Gottshall should be helpful in eating up some innings and might even help on sec weekends in a game 2 starter/game 3 relief role. I think Pickens needs to be eased into it despite her being so talented. Get her a couple wins early and then start her against some big teams to see how she responds. I think Orsini might be a relief, but needs to work on the hopping.
Having not seen any freshmen live, it could be: LF Donihoo, CF Milloy RF MeSusan/Taylor 3B Puni SS Pannell 2B Beautae 1B Gibson C West DP Keene/Curran and then however the pitchers shake out.

Having not seen any freshmen live, it could be: LF Donihoo, CF Milloy RF MeSusan/Taylor 3B Puni SS Pannell 2B Beautae 1B Gibson C West DP Keene/Curran and then however the pitchers shake out.

I think out of all the position players outside of Pannell, Rodriguez would be most likely to get the most playing time. She's a catcher so if she gets time I'm assuming it will be there or DH.

She was on the same travel ball team as puni. Saw time as a pinch runner & in the infield and outfield at Arizona. Interesting pick up.

Interesting for sure. Got our OF addressed and have depth. Unless more depth on IN to address (replace Webber spot). She’s not a catcher or MI starter and I don’t see her taking a corner spot from Puni/Gibson.

I’d thought if they are taking a portal player at this point catcher would be it. West and after that is Rodriquez (utility), Underwood (out) but have Puni as a option. I don’t know much about Rodriquez as we never saw her outside of small in stature, big bat solid program. We could be taking “best available” late in the draft option to blunt additional players leaving.

Last edited:
Katie Taylor was the #1 ranked OF coming in last year, I understand her sitting behind Amanda, Kiki, and Rylie. But with the signing of Donihoo, Giulia K (27 OF starts for AZ last year), and incoming freshman MeSusan, are they simply building depth or are they not sure she can handle one of the two open OF spots after Kiki? I also thought they would look to the portal for an experienced C unless they think Rodriguez can handle things behind West?

Katie Taylor was the #1 ranked OF coming in last year, I understand her sitting behind Amanda, Kiki, and Rylie. But with the signing of Donihoo, Giulia K (27 OF starts for AZ last year), and incoming freshman MeSusan, are they simply building depth or are they not sure she can handle one of the two open OF spots after Kiki? I also thought they would look to the portal for an experienced C unless they think Rodriguez can handle things behind West?
I think it’s mostly the offensive they are looking for. I mean I feel like nowadays I see the trend of average fielders, great hitters getting the nod over great fielders, average hitters. You can always practice defensive reps, but the offense might take a little longer to come along. This is just my opinion, I could totally be wrong.

I think it’s mostly the offensive they are looking for. I mean I feel like nowadays I see the trend of average fielders, great hitters getting the nod over great fielders, average hitters. You can always practice defensive reps, but the offense might take a little longer to come along. This is just my opinion, I could totally be wrong.
Agree, not sure about her offensive potential but then again haven’t seen her take many swings. O is definitely the game these days and D seems to be a bonus.

The answer might be in your own response. West/Lair both saw time in the OF

Did not check but i do not remember Katie taking a whack at the plate ever! Strange to me!
0-2 both Ks and 1 BB, so not much to go on but I was thinking the #1 ranked OF in the country would have some offense,(of course rankings are just opinions) maybe more opportunities for her coming but OF starting to fill up, time to hit if she wants to play

seems like quite a few new frosh and transfers coming into the LV program --- how is this possible if Coach Weekly is the ogre and incompetent that some people commenting here seem to think she is? Inquiring minds want to know.
Players will always want to come to Tennessee, the brand sells itself. Coach Weekly the recruiter is not the same as Coach Weekly the coach. And that could be said for majority of the coaches out there once you hit campus. Not sure ogre or incompetent is accurate, she just does not have the recent titles to show or the ability to adapt to todays current environment of the game.

seems like quite a few new frosh and transfers coming into the LV program --- how is this possible if Coach Weekly is the ogre and incompetent that some people commenting here seem to think she is? Inquiring minds want to know.

NIL opportunities for both softball and basketball will most certainly be among the many things to consider for all recruits going forward, and at this early point in the New World of NIL, it just so happens Tennessee got a handle on it early.

Maybe this has been an extra-cool thing to put in the "pro" column for Tennessee softball that some other universities aren't yet up to speed on. I don't know. But I do keep seeing more and more players being signed to deals, and also there is the brand new Boost Her Club that will bring even more opportunities.

As has been said by others, we are just fortunate that Tennessee took an early aggressive approach to hammering out the legalities to meet full compliance under NCAA rules, and I kinda feel like it has made U.T. appear to be on the cutting edge of looking out for athletes, and that is really, really awesome.

Since Ashley Rogers is pitching for a Colorado club team in the Canada Cup this week, I'm going to say that seals up that she's coming back, as expected.
is she wearing a Tennessee uniform? Because it was said she wouldn’t be back at Tennessee. No mention of pitching this summer. Best of luck to the young lady but like I said, I’ll stay where I’m at. If she’s back I’ll be the first to…awesome.

Reactions: Defa
is she wearing a Tennessee uniform? Because it was said she wouldn’t be back at Tennessee. No mention of pitching this summer. Best of luck to the young lady but like I said, I’ll stay where I’m at. If she’s back I’ll be the first to…awesome.

You can "stay" wherever you'd like. There was never a time that she wasn't coming back. If you want to ignore another piece of evidence like you did with the academic program and re-signing multiple NIL deals, that's fine. All I can give you is the evidence. If you'd prefer to rely on what you heard from someone at the games that didn't know what they were talking about, that's your deal.

VN Store

Back