Tennessee Lady Vols Softball 2022.

Prediction, and I have no specific inside info on this, but I don’t see Patty coaching a game in the SEC. She finally gets the new stadium built, wins another title and rides off into the sunset.

Shes 66 but she'll be 2 titles short of tying Mike Candrea and Sharon Backus for most all-time. I know Patty coaches for different reasons, so if she feels called somewhere else she'd quit in a heart beat. But given what she has coming back (5 of 6 top hitters--unreal) and the opportunity to catch those two I'd say shes in for 5 more years.

Reactions: William_77
Who would you say is a good target for us pitching wise? I don’t have access to the portal so I don’t know who exactly is out there. I know kilfoyl is a good one we should target. I’m not sure if we will have a scholarship available. I’m not familiar with that part, but with 14 returners & 9 freshman that’s 23 for the fall that are eligible to play. Some may decide to transfer out later or be advised to step away for medical reasons, but curious to see how many additions we bring in

Last edited:
Reactions: William_77
Who would you say is a good target for us pitching wise? I don’t have access to the portal so I don’t know who exactly is out there. I know kilfoyl is a good one we should target. I’m not sure if we will have a scholarship available. I’m not familiar with that part, but with 14 returners & 9 freshman that’s 23 for the fall that are eligible to play. Some may decide to transfer out later or be advised to step away for medical reasons, but curious to see how many additions we bring in
Brooke Yanez of Oregon just entered the portal (Left handed pitcher). I wonder if she will be targeted. Kilfoyl has always been good but frequently injured. But when’s she’s on she’s on. That being said, isn’t her current injury the same one that Erin Gabriel had back in the day? She never came back the same, so curious to see if people will take that risk/reward.

Reactions: anecwnrjcns12
guesstimate would be 2-3 out, 2-4 in.

Brooke Yanez of Oregon just entered the portal (Left handed pitcher). I wonder if she will be targeted. Kilfoyl has always been good but frequently injured. But when’s she’s on she’s on. That being said, isn’t her current injury the same one that Erin Gabriel had back in the day? She never came back the same, so curious to see if people will take that risk/reward.
Brooke Yanez is someone we should target heavily. If we land her I would be fine with just her

Reactions: Majors
UAB head coach Joe Guthrie is the new assistant coach at Texas A&M.

Huge get by them. Not going to lie, he recruited mine hard and it was a tough one to turn away. Told her to come watch them beat UT a few falls ago.

She’s had a sub 2 era every season, but in a much weaker conference. The only power 5 team she faced this season was Michigan and gave up 7 hits, 3 runs (2 earned) in 5 innings.

Reactions: Majors
Good pick up for us and doesn’t put stress on Pickens to be day 1 ready. Believe this does move Simpson to further evaluate her own future.
With 6 pitchers on the roster next year I think the order in which the coaches will use them will probably be: Rogers, White, Pickens, Gottshall, Simpson, Orsini. I think White and Pickens could be interchangeable depending on how much improvement White makes this off-season as well as the development of Pickens throughout the season.

Hopefully she can turn out how a hope troutwein did for OU. Maybe not as dominant with the strikeouts, but give us a good 5 innings every time she goes out there. If she can give us that then I’d call that a success.

With 6 pitchers on the roster next year I think the order in which the coaches will use them will probably be: Rogers, White, Pickens, Gottshall, Simpson, Orsini. I think White and Pickens could be interchangeable depending on how much improvement White makes this off-season as well as the development of Pickens throughout the season.
That’s what I’d assume if Rogers is back. If she’s not back then all bets are off. Almost start in survive and advance mode until someone separates.

That’s what I’d assume if Rogers is back. If she’s not back then all bets are off. Almost start in survive and advance mode until someone separates.
If Rogers does come back we really have to manage how much she is throwing. Like she should never have to throw in a midweek unless it is to a get an inning of work in, if we have a sizeable lead pull her and put someone else with a different look in. All I’m saying is that if we have 6 pitchers on our roster we should be using all of them. We won’t have the OU offense that’ll end the game quickly so being able to save her an inning or two adds up towards the end of the season.

Agree
If Rogers does come back we really have to manage how much she is throwing. Like she should never have to throw in a midweek unless it is to a get an inning of work in, if we have a sizeable lead pull her and put someone else with a different look in. All I’m saying is that if we have 6 pitchers on our roster we should be using all of them. We won’t have the OU offense that’ll end the game quickly so being able to save her an inning or two adds up towards the end of the season.
Agree on all points.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back