Tennessee Lady Vols Softball 2022.

Well I think it’s funny how she tweeted “Stop 1” as if anyone would want to visiting somewhere else after a school that just won a natty
Hard to pass if the offer was there. They have the two top LHP from 2022 and Bahl. One ball to go around. I’d think it would be Bahls circle and everyone is filling the needs.

Curious to see if Nicole May transfers from OU. OU fans are also saying that Barnard from Wichita State is coming to Norman…
I wouldn’t be surprised if she would. If Barnard does transfer to OU I think this is a bad example of the portal. Creating super teams. It does nothing for the sport, the reason softball was good in recent years was the expansion of talent to other schools and the rise of certain schools that wouldn’t necessarily be in the conversation. I mean I would love a WCWS without OU in it and see the dogfight that would happen

I wouldn’t be surprised if she would. If Barnard does transfer to OU I think this is a bad example of the portal. Creating super teams. It does nothing for the sport, the reason softball was good in recent years was the expansion of talent to other schools and the rise of certain schools that wouldn’t necessarily be in the conversation. I mean I would love a WCWS without OU in it and see the dogfight that would happen
I agree. It is great to see the talent OU has and even though the scoreline wasn’t close, I never turned off the champ series. However, I think the dynasty and the divide between OU and the field makes the sport less appealing to the causal fan.

I agree. It is great to see the talent OU has and even though the scoreline wasn’t close, I never turned off the champ series. However, I think the dynasty and the divide between OU and the field makes the sport less appealing to the causal fan.
I 100% agree. There were many times when OU scored that I switched channels because once you unleash the beast it’s hard to contain it. During the period where UCLA didn’t make the WCWS it was great to see bc you saw the rise of the SEC and Big 12, but now that OU has seemingly become college softball I am afraid that the field won’t be competitive and nobody will be able to dethrone them.

Reactions: William_77
I 100% agree. There were many times when OU scored that I switched channels because once you unleash the beast it’s hard to contain it. During the period where UCLA didn’t make the WCWS it was great to see bc you saw the rise of the SEC and Big 12, but now that OU has seemingly become college softball I am afraid that the field won’t be competitive and nobody will be able to dethrone them.
It definitely seems that way now, but probably won’t last forever. Everyone on the team this year was great, but I do think Alo and Jennings were a once in a generation duo. Hopefully with Alo gone it will be slightly easier to pitch around Jennings…

Reactions: anecwnrjcns12
It definitely seems that way now, but probably won’t last forever. Everyone on the team this year was great, but I do think Alo and Jennings were a once in a generation duo. Hopefully with Alo gone it will be slightly easier to pitch around Jennings…
They have equity to give. We inherited Puni as a backup from them and she was a day 1 starter here. I don’t see both LHP freshman staying long term but I’d anticipate 1-2 leaving as well with right now at least 3 more coming in to the pitching staff.

Pat made women’s basketball teams get better, then Geno. UCLA and AZ made softball teams get better. But that was done with recruiting and development. Recently transfer portal has altered sports as we knew it. To me OU was must see tv even though I knew they were going to win: would Alo hit a HR, how many would the team hit, would they run-rule their opponent. Even though I wanted to grab the clicker I never did. Transfer situation is a slippery slope. For grads ex. Erin and Kelcy I’m ok with it, even for playing time I’m ok with it ex. Zaida, for an undergrad starter just to chase a Natty and create a super team not so much. In OU’s situation I’m ok with Storako since she’s graduated but not so much with Wichita State kid if that’s true. If a kid is unhappy and there’s real issues then ok. All that being said I hope a couple good ones land in Knoxville.

Pat made women’s basketball teams get better, then Geno. UCLA and AZ made softball teams get better. But that was done with recruiting and development. Recently transfer portal has altered sports as we knew it. To me OU was must see tv even though I knew they were going to win: would Alo hit a HR, how many would the team hit, would they run-rule their opponent. Even though I wanted to grab the clicker I never did. Transfer situation is a slippery slope. For grads ex. Erin and Kelcy I’m ok with it, even for playing time I’m ok with it ex. Zaida, for an undergrad starter just to chase a Natty and create a super team not so much. In OU’s situation I’m ok with Storako since she’s graduated but not so much with Wichita State kid if that’s true. If a kid is unhappy and there’s real issues then ok. All that being said I hope a couple good ones land in Knoxville.
I understand the grad transfers because academically they might not carry their masters program and things like that, even like you said problems with the coaches I completely agree with. I just hate the idea of a super team that you are run-ruling your opponent with a score of like 15-0 or 20-0 as we saw OU did plenty of times this season.

I understand the grad transfers because academically they might not carry their masters program and things like that, even like you said problems with the coaches I completely agree with. I just hate the idea of a super team that you are run-ruling your opponent with a score of like 15-0 or 20-0 as we saw OU did plenty of times this season.
I Agree, great starters just transferring to a create a super team is not good for softball in my opinion, especially in the pitching dept.

Prediction, and I have no specific inside info on this, but I don’t see Patty coaching a game in the SEC. She finally gets the new stadium built, wins another title and rides off into the sunset.

VN Store

Back