Tennessee Lady Vols Softball 2022.

First trip to OKC. First impressions are that the event is great but the stadium is not good at all.

This event is only going to get more popular IMO, and it would be nice to see someone step up and build a worthy venue.

It’s not going anywhere. Long term contract through 2035.

Seem they were turned down by a couple of their "big fish" targets. Ford is a great coach, but she's not who they set out for when they forced Jo out, that's for sure.
Timing of Lonni Alameda extension today and Kenny G last week seemed like they were working their way down the list.

Reactions: anecwnrjcns12
Just an observation from the UCLA game. Did anyone see Holly Azevedo shake the pitch calls multiple times to Alo? When she got what she wanted she struck her out. I don’t know that I have ever, at least in recent years, seen any of our pitches not just throw what they are told.

Just an observation from the UCLA game. Did anyone see Holly Azevedo shake the pitch calls multiple times to Alo? When she got what she wanted she struck her out. I don’t know that I have ever, at least in recent years, seen any of our pitches not just throw what they are told.
Karen gives no shake off which was a big issue with Caylan. Megan in two years I'm not aware of or seen a shake off. Not saying this is the case either but it could of been a bit of gamesmanship of trying to get Alo to guess to get a slight advantage. Get the call, shake, shake, go with the call.

Karen gives no shake off which was a big issue with Caylan. Megan in two years I'm not aware of or seen a shake off. Not saying this is the case either but it could of been a bit of gamesmanship of trying to get Alo to guess to get a slight advantage. Get the call, shake, shake, go with the call.
Agree, it could have been a mental tactic as well. And to your other point as well I remember how Caylan was talking about how when she got to Florida State she could call her own pitches and how she liked that so much better. Of course Karen and Megan have the stats and probably know best, but sometimes for pitchers sake it would be nice if they could throw something they felt comfortable with.

Agree, it could have been a mental tactic as well. And to your other point as well I remember how Caylan was talking about how when she got to Florida State she could call her own pitches and how she liked that so much better. Of course Karen and Megan have the stats and probably know best, but sometimes for pitchers sake it would be nice if they could throw something they felt comfortable with.
Agree, part of being a pitcher/catcher to coach relationship is communication of what’s working and what’s not. And that changes inning to inning sometimes.

This is inaccurate as to this year at least. Pitchers were allowed to shake. Rog did it the most, especially later in the year. Also there were games this year where Megan didn’t even call pitches, which I think is another indictment on Megan

This is inaccurate as to this year at least. Pitchers were allowed to shake. Rog did it the most, especially later in the year. Also there were games this year where Megan didn’t even call pitches, which I think is another indictment on Megan
"Megan in two years I'm not aware of or seen a shake off" Just in case you didn't see this part before going with words like "indictment".

"Megan in two years I'm not aware of or seen a shake off" Just in case you didn't see this part before going with words like "indictment".
I think maybe you misunderstood what I was saying. I wasn’t trying to attack you. Just saying that, in my opinion, the fact that Megan was relieved of her pitching call duties for multiple games this year speaks volumes to her success as a pitching coach

I think maybe you misunderstood what I was saying. I wasn’t trying to attack you. Just saying that, in my opinion, the fact that Megan was relieved of her pitching call duties for multiple games this year speaks volumes to her success as a pitching coach
If she wasn’t successful then why keep her on staff? She clearly does something right if they are keeping her. If Karen “relieved” her of pitch call duties I think it was more about Karen wanting to have her hand in everything rather than Megan doing a poor job.

If she wasn’t successful then why keep her on staff? She clearly does something right if they are keeping her. If Karen “relieved” her of pitch call duties I think it was more about Karen wanting to have her hand in everything rather than Megan doing a poor job.

Nope. They had Kelcy call the games Erin pitched, just like they did at Texas Tech.

Agree with that last part, a
a micromanager will continue to micromanage.

Regardless of whether it was the only exception, the fact that the switch occurred mid-year only further proves it was performance based

I can agree with that to a certain extent, but I do think it’s a different situation with it being a fifth year catcher and a fifth year pitcher on a new team. I would be concerned if someone else on the staff had taken it over midstream, or if it was someone that had been here for a couple of years. I could even see letting a fifth year catcher call them for other pitchers, but I don’t believe that happened. Based on what was said on TV, it was only Leach while catching Erin.

I can agree with that to a certain extent, but I do think it’s a different situation with it being a fifth year catcher and a fifth year pitcher on a new team. I would be concerned if someone else on the staff had taken it over midstream, or if it was someone that had been here for a couple of years. I could even see letting a fifth year catcher call them for other pitchers, but I don’t believe that happened. Based on what was said on TV, it was only Leach while catching Erin.
Of course I'm not in the dugout but it appeared at times Karen was calling the pitches and Megan was just relaying. That is micromanaging if true because pitching has never been Karen's strength and Marty became pitching coach in name only and we all know how that worked out. I wonder watching the year play out if there was not some tension on hitting approach because by the end we were all over the place.

Of course I'm not in the dugout but it appeared at times Karen was calling the pitches and Megan was just relaying. That is micromanaging if true because pitching has never been Karen's strength and Marty became pitching coach in name only and we all know how that worked out. I wonder watching the year play out if there was not some tension on hitting approach because by the end we were all over the place.
It was very obvious even through a tv screen that we were so all over the place at time it looked like we just found girls and put them in uniforms and said go hit

I’m not sure what Megan’s long term plan is, but if a D2 lower level D1 school comes calling I’m entertaining. Saw Marty last week at state, seemed genuinely in a good place.

VN Store

Back