Tennessee Lady Vols Softball 2022.

Oh I agree without a doubt. I just think a regional with Minnesota, A&M, & PVA&M and a super against UCF isn’t “challenging” compared to others

You do realize the 1 seed is supposed to have the easiest path to the championship? That is the way it’s set up in pretty much any sport with seeding and a bracket. That is the reward for earning a top seed with your regular season body of work. They are supposed to get the lesser teams in their regionals.

I feel like if all of the remaining teams only UCLA & Oklahoma State have a chance at taking the title from OU. I feel like year in and year out OU has always gotten the easy road which frustrates me because if you’re the number 1 seed then you should have the hardest road to prove that you deserve that 1 next to your name. Also someone mentioned that Northwestern was overseeded and I kind of agree but I think they got the 9 seed because they beat Washington, Clemson, & UCLA all teams that we lost to. I think that if we beat all 3 of them then we would have got the 9 seed.
They already proved it by being number 1 the entire season and only lost 2 games. They will be hard to beat but hope someone can pull it off.

Reactions: kregman
I feel like if all of the remaining teams only UCLA & Oklahoma State have a chance at taking the title from OU. I feel like year in and year out OU has always gotten the easy road which frustrates me because if you’re the number 1 seed then you should have the hardest road to prove that you deserve that 1 next to your name. Also someone mentioned that Northwestern was overseeded and I kind of agree but I think they got the 9 seed because they beat Washington, Clemson, & UCLA all teams that we lost to. I think that if we beat all 3 of them then we would have got the 9 seed.

It only looks easy because they are so dominant. They are simply that much better than every team they play, which makes it look easy for them…but it wouldn’t necessarily be easy for any other team.

What a choke job from Arkansas.

OU's championship is going to be very easy with all these subpar teams making the WCWS. Arizona, Oregon State, Texas and possibly Florida if they beat VT.

If Florida doesn't win there will be no SEC teams in the WCWS. I can't remember the last time that happened.

I'm also not that impressed by Northwestern and I think they're overseeded. ASU also choked against them yesterday. If ASU can pull it out that will be three Pac-12 teams in the WCWS, including two who beat SEC teams in their regionals in Arizona (who also beat an SEC in their Super Regional) and Oregon State.
If ASU wins their Super, there will actually be four PAC-12 teams in OKC. You left out UCLA.

Amazing how much better we are than Florida and they continue to win. All coaching!

I guess. Florida has horseshoe up the butt today. Va Tech keystone cops impression. My goodness. Still early, right now 4-0 Florida bottom 2nd

Edit: 6-0

Edit: 10-0 Florida heading in to the bottom 3rd.

Last edited:
This was the worst season for SEC softball in 20 years. The team that swept the regular season and tournament titles losing a home super regional is shocking.

Sure, but look at what else happened around the country. The ACC champion and number two overall seed was bounced in regionals. As you said, the SEC champion is out in Supers by a team that also had to upset a national seed on its home field in regionals. The second place team in the ACC, thought to be a national title contender for most of the season, is going to be eliminated by the seventh place team in the SEC in Supers. The Pac 12 had two teams that made little noise in the regular season, even in their own conference, defeat national seeds on the road and play each other in Supers.

Based on all of that, it seems to me that the sport is the most competitive it has ever been. If you want to say that means the SEC is the worst it’s been, I guess you can take it there, I just see it as more teams having the ability to compete nationally, regardless of what happened in the regular seasons, then there have ever been before.

There is so much parity in college softball and many teams have a girl in the circle that can shut you down. Better have timely hitting if you want to advance and need to be hot now not in March and April.

Reactions: EZE
The PAC 12 seem to be doing better than any other conference........no quetion in my mind who the best softball conference is this year .....PAC 12 .

The PAC 12 seem to be doing better than any other conference........no quetion in my mind who the best softball conference is this year .....PAC 12 .

They weren't the best conference in the regular season by a long shot. Oregon State and Arizona got favorable regionals plus a lot of luck on their side for the Supers. Neither one of those teams is a great team. They were each the 3-seed in their regionals. Really the only team from the Pac-12 that should be there is UCLA. ASU probably should've beaten Northwestern, but they were WCWS-caliber, too. BTW, the Pac-12 got the same number of teams to OKC as the Big XII (three).

Top to bottom the best team was the SEC without a doubt. Every team besides South Carolina got into the NCAAT.

What gets me is how good Virginia Tech and Florida State were all season long and neither is in OKC. FSU's season ended in the regionals and VT got run-ruled by an anemic offensive team to end their season.

Florida’s worst season since probably the year after Walton was hired and they still get to OKC. Yet we have some fans defending Karen, lol.

To me it just shows that he knows his players and how to motivate them when it counts. That's a coaching skill that is critical to winning championships and the great coaches all have it. Our coach, not so much. Motivation by intimidation not a skill that works.

This was the worst season for SEC softball in 20 years. The team that swept the regular season and tournament titles losing a home super regional is shocking.

Didn't Arky play the SEC giant killer no matter how much of an underdog they are.

They weren't the best conference in the regular season by a long shot. Oregon State and Arizona got favorable regionals plus a lot of luck on their side for the Supers. Neither one of those teams is a great team. They were each the 3-seed in their regionals. Really the only team from the Pac-12 that should be there is UCLA. ASU probably should've beaten Northwestern, but they were WCWS-caliber, too. BTW, the Pac-12 got the same number of teams to OKC as the Big XII (three).

Top to bottom the best team was the SEC without a doubt. Every team besides South Carolina got into the NCAAT.

What gets me is how good Virginia Tech and Florida State were all season long and neither is in OKC. FSU's season ended in the regionals and VT got run-ruled by an anemic offensive team to end their season.

Sorry, but there isn’t any “should or shouldn’t be there” in tournament play. You win, and you earn your spot.

There were SEEDED SEC schools in those same regionals. And the SEC schools folded like cheap suits…LVs included.

Sorry, but there isn’t any “should or shouldn’t be there” in tournament play. You win, and you earn your spot.

There were SEEDED SEC schools in those same regionals. And the SEC schools folded like cheap suits…LVs included.
It makes no never mind about regular season .....the Pac 12 schools have been far better than any other league in Post Season play.Proof in the pudding is who won.

VN Store

Back