Tennessee Lady Vols Softball 2022.

I would be extremely surprised if anyone who started more than 11 games this year transferred or gave up the game.

I think the only roster question as far as players returning is if Ashley Rogers health concerns keep her from coming back next year as she planned to do. She has dealt with three separate unrelated injuries in the last 12 months. That’s tough.
My biggest question is Keene. I think she can really impact our lineup similar to puni, but I’m afraid that the injuries will keep her away.

My biggest question is Keene. I think she can really impact our lineup similar to puni, but I’m afraid that the injuries will keep her away.
I really hope she can play some 1B/DP next year. I think she can add some offense, I just hope her injury heals up. Her and McKenna are close so I doubt she goes anywhere. I also don’t want to give up on Amanda C, I really think given some ABs and staying healthy she can help. I really like her swing.

If Beautae-Milloy-West not OF (I liked the couple of weeks they were) and Beautae comes in to 2B and/or West to C, do you think Taylor or Mesusan gets the nod in OF, I know it’s way too early but just curious of opinions at this point. Webber, Parsons ( if she returns and injury allows in mix too)
Mesusan and Taylor are the same, not much difference between the two. I’d give the nod to Mesusan.

I would be extremely surprised if anyone who started more than 11 games this year transferred or gave up the game.

I think the only roster question as far as players returning is if Ashley Rogers health concerns keep her from coming back next year as she planned to do. She has dealt with three separate unrelated injuries in the last 12 months. That’s tough.

Care to expound on what her injuries were??

Do we think anyone in our program, especially key players are thinking of transferring?

With all the negative posts I have seen regarding KW, I am surprised the whole team isn’t transferring but I haven’t heard of anyone doing so. And I am not implying whether or not KW is a great/good coach.

With all the negative posts I have seen regarding KW, I am surprised the whole team isn’t transferring but I haven’t heard of anyone doing so. And I am not implying whether or not KW is a great/good coach.

I made some comments about Karen's relating to and motivating players but it was not intended to be trashing her as a coach. I have met her and she can be a very pleasant person and knows softball. She is direct and to the point and doesn't joke around much, the lawyer part, and some players don't handle that well.

The biggest issue is, as other posters on here that know the program far better than me have said, once you get in her dog house for something it can be very hard to get out of and your playing time suffers. Just part of her personality I guess.

I made some comments about Karen's relating to and motivating players but it was not intended to be trashing her as a coach. I have met her and she can be a very pleasant person and knows softball. She is direct and to the point and doesn't joke around much, the lawyer part, and some players don't handle that well.

The biggest issue is, as other posters on here that know the program far better than me have said, once you get in her dog house for something it can be very hard to get out of and your playing time suffers. Just part of her personality I guess.

My biggest issue is same result. Goes back to the old saying of insanity.

I'm only positive on one of them, and I know she and her mom didn't want some of it out there for personal reasons. I'll respect that.
We are on the same page now in regards to why I was told she won’t be back. These issues have been weighing on her for awhile.

Last edited:
What’s the problem with respecting someone’s privacy? Just because someone signs a scholarship to play at UT doesn’t mean we’re entitled to an unrestricted look at their medical history.
Well you said, she had 3 injuries. Now you don't want to talk about anything. So why did you bring it up?

We are on the same page now in regards to why I was told she won’t be back. These issues have been weighing on her for awhile.

When you posted and we had that exchange, one of the injuries hadn’t even occurred yet. So no, I don’t believe we are talking about the same thing.

Reactions: Lady Vol Guru
So shutout pitching in Texas/Arkansas. Texas got bases loaded 1 out top 5

Edit: She got out of it. 0-0 heading bottom 5th

Edit: Ark 3-0 end 5th

Edit: Ark 7-1 Final

Go SEC, I guess :)

Last edited:
Didn’t know Bender had a year left but wish her well. Bailey seemed so frustrated, this doesn’t surprise me at all. Nicola is a question mark. Her, Zaida, and McKenna are in the Vol leadership program which leads me to believe she may give it another year? But if she entered portal it wouldn’t surprise me either. I think Ryleigh is the one we need to keep. IMHO we have 6 non-pitching must keeps: Milloy, Puni, West, Beautae, Gibson, and Keene. I’d like Amanda C and Maddie to stay as well. Katie, Olivia, and Caliyah don’t know enough about. I think some are entering on their own and some probably being told they need to enter.

Reactions: anecwnrjcns12

VN Store

Back