Tennessee Lady Vols Softball 2022.

If I was Karen I’d have white pitch more innings in the regional. Especially once we have a sizeable lead. If we make it to supers we are going to need everything she’s got to have a chance at OKC
I agree. I would start Ryleigh White against Campbell on Friday night and save EE and Ashley for Saturday & Sunday's games. Don't waste either of them against an inferior opponent on Friday. Not surprised we get an SEC team in a possible super regional. There are just too many SEC teams in the draw not to get one. It was just the role of the dice that we got Alabama - #11 plays # 6 , which happens to be Bama. One positive note. Bama is not playing well as of late and their # 2 pitcher may not be 100 percent. Looks like Ally Shipman may get to play her former team and teammates. We'll see how that goes. She has never faced EE or White in batting practice.

So give up with that and don’t improve? I would be disappointed in White if he shares your expectations.

Like I said, there’s not an AD in the country that is going to fire a coach that makes Supers two out of every three years. Find me one that’s done it.

I’ll extrapolate that out, name me an Athletic Director that has fired a coach in any sport that makes the sweet 16 two out of every three years.

Again, I’m not saying you have to be happy with it, I’m just telling you what the reality of college sports is. No AD has ever done that. And if you do, you’re not going to find a coach that will take a job where that was considered a failure, either.

Like I said, there’s not an AD in the country that is going to fire a coach that makes Supers two out of every three years. Find me one that’s done it.

I’ll extrapolate that out, name me an Athletic Director that has fired a coach in any sport that makes the sweet 16 two out of every three years.

Again, I’m not saying you have to be happy with it, I’m just telling you what the reality of college sports is. No AD has ever done that. And if you do, you’re not going to find a coach that will take a job where that was considered a failure, either.

Karen is not going anywhere soon. Geeee people. You are really spoiled.

Reactions: jeebie
I knew we would get Bama in a Super (assuming we make it that far). The SelCom puts us vs. an SEC team every. single. freaking. season.

The only same-conference matchup in the Supers by seeding this year, too. WTBS, I'd rather face Bama than Oklahoma State.
Clemson gets OSU if both win their regionals.
At least they can’t whine about having to play an SEC team 🤷‍♂️

Given the injury issues at pitcher, this was an excellent coaching job this season IMO. Nobody needs to even consider firing any coach on this staff.

Bats go cold from time to time, and that’s just softball/baseball.

Given the injury issues at pitcher, this was an excellent coaching job this season IMO. Nobody needs to even consider firing any coach on this staff.

Bats go cold from time to time, and that’s just softball/baseball.
"Bats go cold"is the understatement of the month

Not disagreeing on your stance, White at this time has no reason to fire Karen.

Disagree, she gets fired or walks away you'll have coaches line up to take over. Because a good AD can set the standards and expectations that at Tennessee we have the expectations of winning championships and resources to do it.

Weekly (along with Ralph) has done a good/very good job with the program for a long time. But it's been frustrating because she/they have never got the program over the top. Even so, we were a top 6/8 national program for a long stretch, I would say, but more recently have fallen to maybe top 12/15. We had 3 of the best players in the game for a couple/three years---Gregg, Leach and Vines--but, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think any of those three were on a team that made it the championship series. Maybe Gregg one year?

It's always something. For years we haven't had enough pitching depth; then for a while (5 or so years ago?) we had a lineup almost entirely of left-handed hitters, which was fine until we played teams with a left-handed pitcher! More recently we've struggled to hit in big games and big spots--and the pitching issues have remained.

I think, in terms of overall talent and potential, this is the best team we've had in several years. With Rogers seemingly healthy now, or close to it, we've got one stellar pitcher, another who's very solid and at least one other who can get people out. But the hitting....it's just not consistent. Hitting is always variable: players have good and bad stretches, and so do teams--but our inconsistency has been pretty extreme. Consistency is what has been so good about our baseball team. I think this team has a high ceiling--but it struggles to reach and maintain it. What's interesting to me about softball vs. baseball is the extra two innings you get in baseball. In softball if you get off to a slow start in a game---give up a run or two and struggle at the plate once/twice through the lineup, suddenly it's the 5/6th inning and your hitters might be feeling the pressure to score. In any case, let's hope the Vols can perform now in the clutch.

Weekly (along with Ralph) has done a good/very good job with the program for a long time. But it's been frustrating because she/they have never got the program over the top. Even so, we were a top 6/8 national program for a long stretch, I would say, but more recently have fallen to maybe top 12/15. We had 3 of the best players in the game for a couple/three years---Gregg, Leach and Vines--but, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think any of those three were on a team that made it the championship series. Maybe Gregg one year?

It's always something. For years we haven't had enough pitching depth; then for a while (5 or so years ago?) we had a lineup almost entirely of left-handed hitters, which was fine until we played teams with a left-handed pitcher! More recently we've struggled to hit in big games and big spots--and the pitching issues have remained.

I think, in terms of overall talent and potential, this is the best team we've had in several years. With Rogers seemingly healthy now, or close to it, we've got one stellar pitcher, another who's very solid and at least one other who can get people out. But the hitting....it's just not consistent. Hitting is always variable: players have good and bad stretches, and so do teams--but our inconsistency has been pretty extreme. Consistency is what has been so good about our baseball team. I think this team has a high ceiling--but it struggles to reach and maintain it. What's interesting to me about softball vs. baseball is the extra two innings you get in baseball. In softball if you get off to a slow start in a game---give up a run or two and struggle at the plate once/twice through the lineup, suddenly it's the 5/6th inning and your hitters might be feeling the pressure to score. In any case, let's hope the Vols can perform now in the clutch.
Fair assessment and the frustrations by many.

Good assessment. If this team hits in Regional ,they will win it .If this team hits in Super regional they can win it .If this team hits in World Series the odds are against them winning it.......unless Rogers can pitch on successive days .

Reactions: Nickid1975

VN Store

Back