Tennessee Lady Vols Softball 2022.

we know your viewpoint on this. you post it everytime we lose, but when we win you’re nowhere to be seen. i agree the offensive is horrible right now, but that also falls on our hitting coach.
Check back on the nice things I’ve said about the players. I will never say something about the coach. I have praised Puni Morgan and Lair! The players aren’t the problem. GLV!

Imagine scoring one run in 19 innings against inferior teams. Classic Lady Vols softball. And at the worst possible time of the season to be doing it, too.
Is it time to look at among other things the new hitting coach??? Will White out up with this another year???

Yep, she was flying high LOL, I think for the most part they have just let it go.
College coach told me a few months ago it goes back to how the Power 5 pays out and used Gasso as the example. B12 umps won’t call it in fear of losing out on money. It is a let it go, because if you call it, then you have to enforce leaving early.

Is it time to look at among other things the new hitting coach??? Will White out up with this another year???
I would agree. No accusations, but questions. The team batting average was lower than in previous years. But home runs were up. That would seem to indicate that players are swinging away, and not always batting “smart”. Contrary to what some believe, there is still a place for slap hitters. They break up the routine of a pitcher and infield. But our slap hitters (Parsons and Fox come to mind) played little. Home runs are nice, but so are hits strung together. And there were a few players who were underperforming as hitters. Morgan comes to mind. Did a new hitting coach with new techniques try to change her too much, and she couldn’t cope? If so, it might have been better to leave well enough alone with the most veteran players. Successful pinch hitters were few and far between. Little chance to practice their craft? And two days of a massive hitter slump certainly indicates a hitting coach unable to get through to players when they needed it. As I say, questions need to be asked. It shouldn’t be automatically assumed that the new hitting coach is great simply because home run numbers increased.

I am pulling for the pigs now and wish karen would quit and we could get Courtney Diel regardless how they end the season!
There is no chance Deifel would come here, unfortunately. She’s on the verge of building a monster at Arkansas and their entire athletic department is on a roll right now. They’re swimming in money to win a bidding war thanks to the success of Pittman and Musselman.

What I saw this weekend was too many LV hitters looking at pitches right down the middle or trying to pull outside pitches. Is that the sign of a good hitting coach? I would vote no. Sometimes they are fooled by the pitcher when they take a good pitch, that happens, but as someone else posted on here, if your looking for 'your' pitch, what can be better than one right down the middle of the plate. And trying to pull an outside pitch, unless your really strong, is just a weak ground out to SS or 2nd.

Been out of SB coaching for quite some time now so maybe I just don't understand the game anymore but the fundamentals are still the same.

Contrary to what some believe, there is still a place for slap hitters. They break up the routine of a pitcher and infield. But our slap hitters (Parsons and Fox come to mind) played little.

Is there a place in softball for multi-tool players who can slap, amongst other things, like Raven Chavanne or Kat Dotson? Yes. Is there a place for players who are only slappers? Not really, unless you can find one that can hit for a high average, like Fekete or Chiles back in the day. I haven’t seen a very successful, slapper-only softball player in a very long time.

Also, Parsons and Fox aren’t even good slappers. They strike out a lot and don’t hit for a good average.

we know your viewpoint on this. you post it everytime we lose, but when we win you’re nowhere to be seen. i agree the offensive is horrible right now, but that also falls on our hitting coach.

Imagine being more upset about posters critiquing coaches than the piss poor performances of the coaches themselves.

The offense does fall on the hitting coach, and it also falls on his boss aka the head coach. The buck ALWAYS stops with the head coach in any sport. Not rocket science.

Reactions: OrangeBeachVol
What I saw this weekend was too many LV hitters looking at pitches right down the middle or trying to pull outside pitches. Is that the sign of a good hitting coach? I would vote no. Sometimes they are fooled by the pitcher when they take a good pitch, that happens, but as someone else posted on here, if your looking for 'your' pitch, what can be better than one right down the middle of the plate. And trying to pull an outside pitch, unless your really strong, is just a weak ground out to SS or 2nd.

Been out of SB coaching for quite some time now so maybe I just don't understand the game anymore but the fundamentals are still the same.
Gibson earlier when she was going good would drive the ball into right center a lot now not so much.

Missouri didn’t beat us slapping the ball round. When EE made a mistake they hammered it. We are over thinking and when the hangers comes in it is like O I wasn’t expecting that and taking it. As I harp on like a broken record (amazing kids know what that is again) we go up afraid to fail. Where exactly that comes from I don’t know for sure but it has been here long before Maleveaux.

Yes, Danny White will put up with being a top 8 national seed for another year.

Batting average was definitely down this year, they were only 8th in the conference in average. But they were also 3rd in the conference for most of the season in on base percentage. I believe that’s where they finished, but I admittedly have not looked at it in a week or two. It’s all part of the equation.

They were realistically one big hit away from sealing up the Mississippi State game in the first four innings, and needed one hit in either the second or third yesterday to do the same.

VN Store

Back