Tennessee Lady Vols Softball 2022.

Bender was uncoachable in regards to what was asked on mechanics. Bailey threw a hard ball but believe it was told she best look elsewhere.
I hope Karen realizes that she needs a 3,4 quality starter staff. We get that with Rogers, but her returning status is unknown. White has that ability & I think her time this season really will shape her into someone we can count on. With Pickens and Orsini coming in you don’t want to leave that in the hands of unproven freshman. I’d say we need 1 all american starter or someone that has proven themselves in a power 5 conference. I really hope Pickens can have a good year and get better as the year goes on.

I hope Karen realizes that she needs a 3,4 quality starter staff. We get that with Rogers, but her returning status is unknown. White has that ability & I think her time this season really will shape her into someone we can count on. With Pickens and Orsini coming in you don’t want to leave that in the hands of unproven freshman. I’d say we need 1 all american starter or someone that has proven themselves in a power 5 conference. I really hope Pickens can have a good year and get better as the year goes on.
I think Pickens, Orsini, and White are a nice start but you never know with freshmen.I agree we need one good portal pickup and due to health reasons anything we get from Ashley is a bonus.

Orsini is a mystery. Got to have a quality transfer. All American? Good luck with that but would gladly take one willing to come. 😀 we have to manage the pitching staff better that includes Karen and Megan. Sometimes a player can’t give you what you want but can give you what you need if you are willing to coach their tools.

Didn’t know Bender had a year left but wish her well. Bailey seemed so frustrated, this doesn’t surprise me at all. Nicola is a question mark. Her, Zaida, and McKenna are in the Vol leadership program which leads me to believe she may give it another year? But if she entered portal it wouldn’t surprise me either. I think Ryleigh is the one we need to keep. IMHO we have 6 non-pitching must keeps: Milloy, Puni, West, Beautae, Gibson, and Keene. I’d like Amanda C and Maddie to stay as well. Katie, Olivia, and Caliyah don’t know enough about. I think some are entering on their own and some probably being told they need to enter.

With their history of injures, I don't have high hopes of Amanda Curran or Caliyah Thompson ever contributing.

I think the writing is on the wall for Webber but we shall see. I don't necessarily see her transferring but she could leave the team and stay in school. Regardless, what time she got this year she looked horrible.

I think with an OF spot, and possibly more than one if West moves to catcher, opening up I could see Katie Taylor challenging for playing time. Underwood doesn't really fit in anywhere.

Reactions: anecwnrjcns12
Orsini is a mystery. Got to have a quality transfer. All American? Good luck with that but would gladly take one willing to come. 😀 we have to manage the pitching staff better that includes Karen and Megan. Sometimes a player can’t give you what you want but can give you what you need if you are willing to coach their tools.

Need to be going after Kilfoyl.

With their history of injures, I don't have high hopes of Amanda Curran or Caliyah Thompson ever contributing.

I think the writing is on the wall for Webber but we shall see. I don't necessarily see her transferring but she could leave the team and stay in school. Regardless, what time she got this year she looked horrible.

I think with an OF spot, and possibly more than one if West moves to catcher, opening up I could see Katie Taylor challenging for playing time. Underwood doesn't really fit in anywhere.
Would love to see what they could all do healthy. I liked the Lair-Kiki-Rylie OF myself but if Rylie has to catch it looks like Katie or Mesusan. Of course KP’s decision/injury will effect things.

Orisini I hope to be proven wrong, but seems like a project based on her film. Believe they’ll get 1-2 in the portal. Bring Pickens along and hopefully be able to cut her loose Soph year.

Orisini I hope to be proven wrong, but seems like a project based on her film. Believe they’ll get 1-2 in the portal. Bring Pickens along and hopefully be able to cut her loose Soph year.
I see the opposite on Orisini, she seems to be pretty good on film to me. I feel like she’ll be the shocker of the class

Me too. Watched a little bit last night, still a letdown after the season that still should have been going.
I was hoping Ms state could win today and could care less what anybody else does. Makes me sick that for two years in a row we cannot hit our way out of our own regional. I have followed the Lvs since the great one was there and before and now all this time we still cannot hit the damn ball. Still stand and watch strikes down the middle and swing at everything over our head. Our better players do the same thing but not hardly as often. Not sure if we could hit with a tennis rackett.

Can somebody explain the illegal pitch in softball. I swear it looks like everything is an illegal pitch. Can someone break it down step by step?

Never mind Madison Shipley explained it pretty well.

Can somebody explain the illegal pitch in softball. I swear it looks like everything is an illegal pitch. Can someone break it down step by step?

Never mind Madison Shipley explained it pretty well.
They way the mound is it shouldn’t be called as long as she’s keeping her toe down. If you call that you call the ones on flat ground with no drag divots.

I’ve tried to watch some softball heart is not in it at the moment. The season sliding into oblivion for the second year is really a downer. I’m sure I will watch more as it goes along.
In watching the second Florida vs. Va. Tech game today it amazes me that the umps are calling so many illegal pitches on the Hokie freshman pitcher for crow hopping. It is ironic that softball's greatest crow-hopping pitcher was Florida's Kelly Barnhill and she was rarely called for her crime.
The umps are definitely influencing this game and seem to have it in for the Hokie pitcher. The umps should not single out a player and thus influence the game as such.

In watching the second Florida vs. Va. Tech game today it amazes me that the umps are calling so many illegal pitches on the Hokie freshman pitcher for crow hopping. It is ironic that softball's greatest crow-hopping pitcher was Florida's Kelly Barnhill and she was rarely called for her crime.
The umps are definitely influencing this game and seem to have it in for the Hokie pitcher. The umps should not single out a player and thus influence the game as such.
Yeah just started watching. Bahl would be called every pitch with these umps. ( Of course they wouldn’t because of OU ). Plus in defense of her there is a big hole in front of the rubber. Why is that not filled in? She is leaping but everyone does now it seems fishy and yes very ironic with it being Florida.

VN Store

Back