Tennessee Lady Vol News

View attachment 541330Tamari makes a lot of sense in her reason to come back to Tennessee.
Unless you are good enought to be a bona fide WNBA star AND have the marketability to secure a big endorsement portfolio, I really don't see the appeal for a WNBA career...other than for bragging rights for a league that frankly not enough people care about for the bragging rights to actually mean much.

Wouldn't it be nice if Karolyn Striplin could develop into a Monica Czinano type? I think she would have to live in the weight room, put on about 20-25 pounds of Lean muscle and work on her speed up and down the court, but that is doable. Kellie says she works hard on everything asked of her. I think that would be the ask in this upcoming off season. She already has a really good post up game and has began to expand it with a nice jump shot out to the 3 point line. With 2 years left, Karolyn has a lot of Potential to be really good before it is said and done.

Kellie said today something about the deadline for Jordan to decide is March 27.

Hmm, at first I thought she would've already decided by now, but then I thought maybe she's waiting to see how we do in the tournament. If we make a deep run, she might feel like she accomplished what she came here to do, but if not, she might feel there's unfinished business.

Reactions: ATLVOLFAN01
Wouldn't it be nice if Karolyn Striplin could develop into a Monica Czinano type? I think she would have to live in the weight room, put on about 20-25 pounds of Lean muscle and work on her speed up and down the court, but that is doable. Kellie says she works hard on everything asked of her. I think that would be the ask in this upcoming off season. She already has a really good post up game and has began to expand it with a nice jump shot out to the 3 point line. With 2 years left, Karolyn has a lot of Potential to be really good before it is said and done.
Think Grant Williams. She may be better, respectfully

The News Sentinel has an informative article about Jordan and her decision about next year.

Jordan Horston hasn't made decision about fifth year with Lady Vols (knoxnews.com)
In case this is blocked, I will paraphrase a few of the most revealing comments:
1. She doesn't know what she will do after the season. She doesn't have the clarity yet that Key and Jackson do, but she loves them and is so happy for them that they have the clarity. She also said that for her sanity, she needs to focus only on the day that she is in. It also said the deadline to declare for the WNBA draft is March 27th unless your team is still in the NCAA tournament, and then you have 48 hours after your team loses.

VN Store

Back