Tennessee Lady Vol News

Speaking of seeding, if we finsh say 23-8, reg season with one big win (probably UConn) and only losses to SCar and LSU. Then win 2 in the SEC tourney. What would be our best case seeding? 6 ish with our RPI and SOS?

Speaking of seeding, if we finsh say 23-8, reg season with one big win (probably UConn) and only losses to SCar and LSU. Then win 2 in the SEC tourney. What would be our best case seeding? 6 ish with our RPI and SOS?
I’d say that gets us to the four line. Our net will be top 12. I want Kimmie to go down! Big fan actually but can’t believe that schedule.

I'm not surprised at all that poll voters don't trust us. However, if we continue playing the way we are now we'll start getting votes soon. You know they all know how good we can be and I doubt anyone is looking forward to playing us. Especially post season.

Speaking of postseason, I know we all know RJ has never played in the NCAA tourney, weird as that is. But also, her entire post season experience consists of just 4 games, all in the SEC tourney. Last yr of course, she was teamless in March. Her soph yr, the Nikki McCray team, MSU lost their first SEC tourney game, RJ had a middling game for her, 14 pts.

Her real post season experience, three whole games, came in her freshman yr in the SEC and guess what? She kicked the sh*t out of it! Had double doubles in 2 or the 3 games, had 29 against KY when they were #15 in the country. MSU won the tourney, RJ was on all the all tourney team. As a frosh!

Can only imagine how hungry she must be for just one decent March run. Let it Be!

Reactions: glv98
I’d say that gets us to the four line. Our net will be top 12. I want Kimmie to go down! Big fan actually but can’t believe that schedule.
I have watched LSU. Their offense goes through their big girl inside and she is good but they drops off after her. We keep improving that is a W for our LV'S. We need to return the favor to kimmie for last year.

I have watched LSU. Their offense goes through their big girl inside and she is good but they drops off after her. We keep improving that is a W for our LV'S. We need to return the favor to kimmie for last year.
Think you're underestimating LSU. Reese may be their star, but Morris, Johnson and Carson are excellent perimeter threats. Their starting 5 is as good as any in the nation.

Think you're underestimating LSU. Reese may be their star, but Morris, Johnson and Carson are excellent perimeter threats. Their starting 5 is as good as any in the nation.
You need to watch them play. Their supporting players did not show me much. I disagree about being as good as any in the nation. They will lose some games against good teams.

You need to watch them play. Their supporting players did not show me much. I disagree about being as good as any in the nation. They will lose some games against good teams.

I have watched LSU and I think the way they are playing they are in line for a possible #1 seed. You can't just go by their offense, which has been more limited lately than their early numbers suggested against extremely weak teams. They are incredibly athletic, which helps them play amazing team defense and rebound as good as anyone in the country. They completely demolished the two decent teams they have played - Arkansas and Oregon State - in a way that no one else has beat those teams. It will be interesting to see if they withstand the test of really good teams. I would put SC and possibly Stanford ahead them. I agree that they are likely to get a couple of losses. One could be against the Lady Vos if the LVs can stay even with them on rebounds and play good defense for the entire 4 quarters. The LVs will need to improve in order to do this, but at least they are headed in the right direction.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
College Game Day in Knoxville for the UCONN game

ESPNs fav thing to do. They hate us but they love to have a college game day in Knoxville for our opponent. Same thing when we played South Carolina. Never, ever would they do a game day for the lady vols imo. Even if we were number 1 they wouldn’t do it unless we were playing UConn or South Carolina.

I hope we wipe the floor with UCoNN I know it will be close because they are well coached and there is always a lot of pride on the line in that game. This has gotta be our year though.

womens basketball.jpegTennessee women's basketball lost about two million last season. Overall all women's sports lost about 16 million.

Tennessee Football made close to 54 million and Tennessee men's basketball made close to 5 million for a total of 59 million profit from these two sports.

football.jpeg

net-profit-loss-womens-sports_lg.jpeg

All other men's UT Sports operated at a loss with baseball being the largest at about 2.5 million.

So all sports at UT are fueled by the football program with the men's basketball program also being self supporting.

VN Store

Back