Tennessee Lady Vol News

Can’t believe Kellie had to spend part of her press conference talking about negative people/posts and making sure TK is good. She is proud of TK and we all should be as well. Great young woman!
Pretty sure, when they start feeding her the ball down low, if she matures, one of two things are happenin’:
1) she’ll put the ball in the hole
2) she’ll dish a three assist

Hope she can process that….

Blame Maria. She’s the one who asked about it.

segundo-sol-novela.gif

Uh oh! Justine got the lashes going on! Guess she doesn't care already!

It would be kinda cool if the whole team came out in them next game as show of support to TK. While lashgate is a stupid distraction, it could work for teambuilding.

Justine has always wore long lashes. Just no one ever says anything about her wearing them

Blame Maria. She’s the one who asked about it.

The question needed to be asked. Kellie handled it well and parents of recruits and fans have been very pleased with her response. Parents want to send their kids to a coach that has their backs. This situation and how it was handled will come up in recruiting so I’m glad Maria asked the question.

Can’t believe Kellie had to spend part of her press conference talking about negative people/posts and making sure TK is good. She is proud of TK and we all should be as well. Great young woman!

I don't blame Kellie,..Some ppl are lost in life and they use others to feel better. I've seen bullying here, insulting others etc. If u don't like wat someone does move one and don't be hateful. I've had someone told me that I need to learn how to write English or go back to my Country.. Hateful miserable ppl. Those ppl are too old messing with young generation.

Poor Jordan! Bless her. She's so honest and forthcoming. She said last year she simply isn't a good shooter. And says honestly here that she (and others) are just not good at finishing. We, and I'm sure she, had hoped this would change with another year of practice and experience but it hasn't and probably not going to. She does so many other things so well and she is so vital to any success.

But we'd be alot closer to our elite goals if we had more consistent elite-type in-game shooters. So far, we don't.

She has every right to expose hate. Kellie nailed it when she said these trolls no nothing about the team or players. It's not surprising that trolls would be uncomfortable with the sunlight and try to marginalize what was said.

Plus when we're talking about the bad fans it means we aren't talking about what's actually happening on the court...

Poor Jordan! Bless her. She's so honest and forthcoming. She said last year she simply isn't a good shooter. And says honestly here that she (and others) are just not good at finishing. We, and I'm sure she, had hoped this would change with another year of practice and experience but it hasn't and probably not going to. She does so many other things so well and she is so vital to any success.

But we'd be alot closer to our elite goals if we had more consistent elite-type in-game shooters. So far, we don't.
Missed layups is as much a hallmark of LV basketball as rebounding and defense. The difference this year is they aren't getting their missed rebounds as frequently for 2nd/3rd attempts at the basket or a trip to the FT line. Truthfully, it's no different than SC, except they also have a player like Boston that is a complete player as well as a supporting cast that knows their roles. With as many star recruits as they have and limited minutes, Dawn's done a great job managing team chemistry.

Is it just me? Whenever Striplin gets a few minutes she puts up some boards and points. Seems like she could help more in the post if used. She needs to slow down the fouls but she is strong inside.
The WBB world is learning a lesson about the portal at KJH's expense: too many toys, and too many similar toys. Who could blame Kellie or any coach for making as big a portal haul as possible? She would have been slammed if she hadn't. But it hasn't turned out to be ideal.

Striplin, like Puckett IMO, just needs to play. But Franklin can help us more now, and probably Hollingshead in the near future. There just aren't enough minutes for Karoline, especially with the inevitable culling down to a core 8 or so. On the other hand, you really hate to see these players' development put on hold. One of many hard problems for KJH.

VN Store

Back