Tennessee Lady Vol News

She was fabulous in the tournament when her number was called. She, Sara and Tess trained with Abby Conklin in San Francisco over the summer
Well i definitely see the physical difference from them working this summer lets hope it translate to the court

I remember seeing Karoline Striplin in this game, she was great, this is what Kellie said:

“Karoline Striplin was fantastic today.”

Kellie gave high praise for Karoline Striplin in her after Louisville game comments:

“Toughness is not just the physical, more importantly it's the mental and the emotional toughness that this group had. It's a long season. From top to bottom. You know, I will give you an example, Karoline Striplin was fantastic today. She didn't get a lot of minutes early in the season, and her and Kai Wynn got in the gym every single day, and they worked hard every single day.

That is really hard to do. That takes a love for the game. And those two did it, and they played big minute for us in the postseason. That's the toughness we had throughout the season from everybody. When you have everyone like that pulling together, it's just a good feeling and it's why we were able to accomplish what we did.”

I remember seeing Karoline Striplin in this game, she was great, this is what Kellie said:

“Karoline Striplin was fantastic today.”

Kellie gave high praise for Karoline Striplin in her after Louisville game comments:

“Toughness is not just the physical, more importantly it's the mental and the emotional toughness that this group had. It's a long season. From top to bottom. You know, I will give you an example, Karoline Striplin was fantastic today. She didn't get a lot of minutes early in the season, and her and Kai Wynn got in the gym every single day, and they worked hard every single day.

That is really hard to do. That takes a love for the game. And those two did it, and they played big minute for us in the postseason. That's the toughness we had throughout the season from everybody. When you have everyone like that pulling together, it's just a good feeling and it's why we were able to accomplish what we did.”

She definitely played well in the game vs Louisville. I remember her being the only post that was a bright spot offensively. I went back and checked the stats for that game. Tamari had 3 points.

Also, throughout the season when she did get time on the court, she proved she could consistently hit freethrows. That was a team-wide issue last year. I hope there's a lot of improvement at the line this season.

She was a freshman lol I enjoyed watching her minutes and improvement as the season went on. She’s extremely physical and gets after it. She seems to have improved physically and I think that’s going to go a long way with helping her overall game.
Yes im hopeful. I kind of want to retract my statement as i forget she was just a freshmen last year. Her build is superior to most freshmen . She's still a baby with a ton of room to grow.

She definitely played well in the game vs Louisville. I remember her being the only post that was a bright spot offensively. I went back and checked the stats for that game. Tamari had 3 points.

Also, throughout the season when she did get time on the court, she proved she could consistently hit freethrows. That was a team-wide issue last year. I hope there's a lot of improvement at the line this season.
TK struggled that game how many did Striplin end up with ? Im too lazy to search for the boxscore on ESPN lol

I have a feeling Striplin is going to end up being the next Emily Saunders if she does not improve this season . She's strong but she had a hard time with posts last season.
Doubt it. She averaged 25 points a game out of high school, she is 6-3 and last season the vets constantly told everyone she had the best post footwork on the team. She has a nice shooting stroke and when pursues the ball for rebounds she can grab them with anyone. She needs more consistent playing time and confidence and she is going to be a solid player for us. Unfortunately, unless we can blow teams out early that playing time may have to wait another year.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
This is going to be a fun year. So talented, so deep, so versatile Thought Coach had good words to say about so many players.. Think this team will be good offensively, but defensively will be where we should really dominate. Sounds like Franklin has really impressed and is extremely explosive though not quite 100%

Last edited:
Horston looks terrific.

She really does. I heard her in a recent interview talking about how last year's season-ending injury opened her eyes to how quickly it could all be over, and that she is now much more aware of staying "present" and is far more grateful for everything she has and every opportunity to play. Needless to say, this offseason was obviously special for her. After hearing that interview I am confident this was the period of time she will one day recall as the spring and summer she left childhood behind and became a grown woman.

Also, does anyone here personally know @stlvolsfan ?! I have a feeling based on my intuition that she’s a Twitter poster that I follow, that’s currently in a coma.

If so I would love for everyone to send prayers and positive, healing vibes her way! She’s such a Lady Vol fan through and through and a very sweet person!

Also, does anyone here personally know @stlvolsfan ?! I have a feeling based on my intuition that she’s a Twitter poster that I follow, that’s currently in a coma.

If so I would love for everyone to send prayers and positive, healing vibes her way! She’s such a Lady Vol fan through and through and a very sweet person!
Oh no!! Yes! One of my favorite posters!!

If true I am so sad to hear that. Will say some prayers for certain. stlvolsfan is one of my favorite poster/friends

Wishing her a safe recovery and good health.

VN Store

Back