Tennessee Lady Vol News

Did anyone read the interview with CP3 in USA Today? Paywall,
So I can’t read it. But I do know the interviewer asked her if she would let her daughter play at Tennessee. Candace “winced” and implied that maybe not since reproductive rights in TN have been severely restricted.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
Did anyone read the interview with CP3 in USA Today? Paywall,
So I can’t read it. But I do know the interviewer asked her if she would let her daughter play at Tennessee. Candace “winced” and implied that maybe not since reproductive rights in TN have been severely restricted.
The same could be said about most of the schools in this country right now, especially the SEC

Did I see that TK has cut her nails?

LOL! I was like you, hoping the light bulb had finally come on. But ... siiiiigh ... still not ready to be a serious baller. And OF COURSE, that's perfectly fine and dandy and even, for probably most, admirable. But for this old jock, I cannot even for one hot second believe that someone so dedicated to having super long and professionally maintained nails that are the envy of her peers is somehow not going to think about those expensive-ass nails while playing basketball in them. There is simply NO WAY that having long nails that one is super proud to have spent money on does not affect the way a person plays basketball. NO. FREAKING. WAY. As an aside, I feel strongly that long nails are potentially dangerous in the sport. As someone who has been poked in the eye during a basketball game I can tell you that it was excruciatingly painful -- and the poke was from a finger with short nails, so, essentially, I got poked with the skin at the end of a finger. What if it had been a half-inch-long painted fingernail that actually could have sliced my cornea? Or even punctured my eye?

I actually thought long fingernails weren't allowed in NCAA basketball for that reason, but apparently I am wrong to think that. It SHOULD be against the rules, IMO.

Last edited:
I think at least 10 will play; the real question is who doesn't get to play?
I think where the big situation comes in for players and playing time is at the three and four where we have Jackson, Suarez, Pissott, Puckett, Striplin, Darby and Franklin and possibly even Horston even though I expect her to play a lot at the two. That is seven players vying for time at two positions. I think I feel fairly confident that it will be Key and Hollingshead at the five and Powell, Miles, and maybe some Walker at the point. I think we may see Walker moving to the two where she will be in competition with Wynn and Horston more than likely.

All the girls that were already here look physically fit and much improved over their last season. If Franklin is totally recovered from her ACL going to be hard to keep her out of the lineup. Jackson, Horston, Powell, and Key are givens and Puckett seems to be the sixth man with Walker possibly starting at the two just because she is experienced and a starter last season. Miles is going to backup the point and Hollingshead the five so there are nine players. Suarez, Striplin, Darby, Wynn, and Pissott seem to be the five on the outside that will be vying for any additional minutes. That is just the way it looks right now we could have some surprises for sure. Whomever ends up on the bench will be purely because of numbers at certain positions because all these girls have developed into confident and excellent basketball players going into this next season.

The ability to have the depth to exhaust and fatigue most teams seems evident to me. This is the most quality depth I've seen on a Tennessee team in years.

VN Store

Back