Tennessee Lady Vol News

D017E634-4352-47F2-B999-65E166A05EA4.jpeg81FD3DA6-F490-4523-83E5-503C83C6B58A.png9B50E49C-3915-4C46-A27D-C785F811CCE1.jpeg
Our football and baseball teams are already wearing gray and black, and our womens’ teams in at least 3 sports, (soccer, volleyball, and basketball), will be wearing blue uniforms.

Can you show where any of those teams in the list, for any of their sports, are dressing in other than their known colors?

Here are just a few and there are many more i've seen worn even last season when just switching channels AND Notre Dame doesn't stick Navy and Gold. They have some wild combo patterns like bright green and blue, bright green and white, etc.

Pretty sure Carolina which was on the list isn't known for black unis and Ohio State is known for Red, White and silver 😃

Sorry for the delay just got back and saw this so found these really quickly

That’s 3, congratulations. Maybe Alabama, Michigan, or ND will change their colors, too, who knows. Gotta be in the in crowd, and copy others.

ND already changes their color scheme 😂 soooo

Man you moved that goal post real quick from none of the teams to now "congrats that's 3" ... you enjoy your day and those SUMMITT BLUE unis that the Tennessee teams will be sporting proudly while kicking butt!

ND already changes their color scheme 😂 soooo

Man you moved that goal post real quick from none of the teams to now "congrats that's 3" ... you enjoy your day and those SUMMITT BLUE unis that the Tennessee teams will be sporting proudly while kicking butt!

This is what I said:

“I don’t follow these teams, but I doubt most, if not all, are wearing gray, black, or blue, or any color other than their traditional ones.” Never said none.

When I see our teams in any other colors than orange and white I’ll be disappointed, still hope Tennessee teams win.

GO BIG ORANGE!!!

Our football and baseball teams are already wearing gray and black, and our womens’ teams in at least 3 sports, (soccer, volleyball, and basketball), will be wearing blue uniforms.

Can you show where any of those teams in the list, for any of their sports, are dressing in other than their known colors?

You also said ☝🏽☝🏽☝🏽☝🏽

which i did... soooo there's that. Anyways you asked me to produce something i did and now you can enjoy your day like i am doing mine! Great food, great company, GBO (and summitt blue)!!!

Columbia blue is not remotely close to the blue that Florida uses!
Lots of high school teams were wearing decidedly orange unis in 1968 as well as prior to that year. Just go back to Madison High School in Nashville. Besides the football and basket ball teams had orange unis prior to '68, right?

Just kick ass girls....
UTENN-PP075LF-16x24-Lady-Vol-Basketball-ICON-WEB_400x.jpg

The 1984 National Championship Runner-up Lady Vols sported a memorable white uni with Columbia blue numbers trimmed in Orange. I couldn’t capture a good screenshot since the recording is so old, so I included the link. Not great quality but offers a revisit of some memorable players such as the Fearless Five, Sheila Collins, the McGee twins, Cheryl Miller, Cynthia Cooper, et al.
1984 NCAA CHAMPIONSHIP TN vs USC

FYI, there are a bunch of former Lady Vols playing 3x3 ball this summer.
Snoop Dye is on the Chicago Force 10 team.
Alexa Middleton and Jordan Reynolds are playing for Connecticut Force 10.
Cierra Burdick is on the FIBA USA team.

The FIBA website, which is a mess, has some information about the teams and games but is mostly useless, and it's next to impossible to find out if any of the games are being streamed anywhere.

Reactions: LVsinceJV
The 1984 National Championship Runner-up Lady Vols sported a memorable white uni with Columbia blue numbers trimmed in Orange. I couldn’t capture a good screenshot since the recording is so old, so I included the link. Not great quality but offers a revisit of some memorable players such as the Fearless Five, Sheila Collins, the McGee twins, Cheryl Miller, Cynthia Cooper, et al.
1984 NCAA CHAMPIONSHIP TN vs USC

Thank you so much, Putbacks, for posting the link to this 1984 game. I just watched a few minutes of it, but plan to watch the whole thing later tonight. I do enjoy strolling down memory lane!

Thank you so much, Putbacks, for posting the link to this 1984 game. I just watched a few minutes of it, but plan to watch the whole thing later tonight. I do enjoy strolling down memory lane!
Sure. I feel that 1984 would have been our first NC if Paula Towns had been 2-3 inches taller and Shelia Collins’s knee had been 100%. That was a tall order playing that game in LA and then having USC’s tremendous frontline theoretically auditioning for spots on the upcoming Olympic team coached by Summitt that same year.

VN Store

Back