Tennessee Lady Vol News

Awww, I just remembered reading sometime last year Justine Pissott talking about she was was so, SOOOO excited to get down to Knoxville, and how she could hardly wait to get to campus. So even though I'm sure she's thrilled to be having this wonderful experience of competing for USA Basketball, I'm sure a big part of her is sad she's missed move-in day with the rest of her teammates.

Hopefully the staff and team will go the extra mile to make it special when she does finally get to campus at the end of the month.

Guys, when Justine is regularly popping 25 footers, TBA will become alive like it has never seen before....

We will be Justinefied....
c4fd4eaf2d35472ba0f37a377681b87f.jpg

I think I'm going to have to contact Terry Blevins, the guy who is at nearly every Lady Vol basketball and softball game and who leads all the call-and-response fan cheers, and see if he'd be interested in starting a new tradition beginning next year:

A few times during the game, when Justine does something great, we could all sing the words "Justine, Justine, Justine, Justiiiiine, please do that again" to the tune of Dolly Parton's "Jolene."

Who else would be down for it? :D

Coach Ross, new Director of Track and Field and new Director of Cross Country, Coach Carlson are now on board. Both men have impressive resumes. Their first press conference can be found here:

Duane Ross and Sean Carlson Formally Introduced as Directors of Tennessee Track & Field/Cross Country - University of Tennessee Athletics

Coach Ross became an NCAA Champion, while running for Clemson in 1995.
He won that award on The Tom Black Track.

Coach Ross's son is an Olympic medalist and may join his dad at Tennessee. Listen to the press conference. Impressive!

Both men say they took the Tennessee postion because AD White wants to reinvent the sport. Coach Carlson will not only be in charge of cross country... he will also be responsible for middle distances on the track and field side. Both men said no one else in the sport is doing this but it makes so much sense. This was AD White's idea. Coach Ross and Coach Carlson both said another Tennessee selling point was AD White's emphatic promise to provide the resources needed to win and the assurance that he would always have their back.

We will win a National Championship in Track and Field or Cross Country in the next two years. Counting Outdoor and Indoor seasons, there are six National Championships to be won each year across the sport. According to Coach Ross he expects to win at least one immediately.

Coach Ross, new Director of Track and Field and new Director of Cross Country, Coach Carlson are now on board. Both men have impressive resumes. Their first press conference can be found here:

Duane Ross and Sean Carlson Formally Introduced as Directors of Tennessee Track & Field/Cross Country - University of Tennessee Athletics

Coach Ross became an NCAA Champion, while running for Clemson in 1995.
He won that award on The Tom Black Track.

Coach Ross's son is an Olympic medalist and may join his dad at Tennessee. Listen to the press conference. Impressive!

Both men say they took the Tennessee postion because AD White wants to reinvent the sport. Coach Carlson will not only be in charge of cross country... he will also be responsible for middle distances on the track and field side. Both men said no one else in the sport is doing this but it makes so much sense. This was AD White's idea. Coach Ross and Coach Carlson both said another Tennessee selling point was AD White's emphatic promise to provide the resources needed to win and the assurance that he would always have their back.

We will win a National Championship in Track and Field or Cross Country in the next two years. Counting Outdoor and Indoor seasons, there are six National Championships to be won each year across the sport. According to Coach Ross he expects to win at least one immediately.

What an excellent read !

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Looks to me like they're going fast. I prefer end seats, and already there aren't a tremendous number of those left. (I got mine, TG!) Looks like we may have a rockin' TBA this season! 😁

Last edited:

VN Store

Back