Tennessee Lady Vol News

Saw this somewhere else and I thought you guys would find it interesting...

UT Athletic Director Danny White received a 2% bonus on his $1,890,000 salary for Kelly Harper’s team making the Sweet 16. That's $37,800.

FYI, White also gets a 3% bonus for any team that wins a national title.
I wonder how much Kellie and staff made.

If the blood on her arm was from that play and not before, then Parker most certainly did accidentally (obviously) catch her arm with a nail as she was bringing her arms back down. From the replay it's easy to see, though, how the official could have missed it. She was on the baseline, and so didn't have the best angle to see it. It's not easy to see it even on replay. Taurasi's right arm goes out to the right a little, but then the trickle of blood was on the left arm.

Reactions: LV renaissance
You are so easy!! 😂😂😂
FYI, I have a wonderful marriage. Wonder if your wife would say the same thing if she knew your favorite female basketball players were the ones without clothes?
I did not think mentioning Pat being on the new SI cover and the obvious irony of that would be a continuation of the prior conversation but I can see how you could take it as such. My bad
Press the ignore button and move on!!!

Looks like Candace is still living rent free in Taurasi's head!

I've watched 3 Mercury games this year, In all 3 DT's body language is horrible. She doesn't even look like she wants to be there at times. The prior game she sat on bench at times slouched over looking miserable. There were many times she looked disconnected to team. There were times she didn't even join the huddle after a play. And of course she thinks she's fouled on every play. She has not been playin well at all.

Reactions: sisaq
"Toughen up, Buttercup!"

If the blood on her arm was from that play and not before, then Parker most certainly did accidentally (obviously) catch her arm with a nail as she was bringing her arms back down. From the replay it's easy to see, though, how the official could have missed it. She was on the baseline, and so didn't have the best angle to see it. It's not easy to see it even on replay. Taurasi's right arm goes out to the right a little, but then the trickle of blood was on the left arm.

I've watched 3 Mercury games this year, In all 3 DT's body language is horrible. She doesn't even look like she wants to be there at times. The prior game she sat on bench at times slouched over looking miserable. There were many times she looked disconnected to team. There were times she didn't even join the huddle after a play. And of course she thinks she's fouled on every play. She has not been playin well at all.

They end up forcing her out of that team by trading her.

But remember, she’s the greatest of all time.

🙄🙄🙄🙄

"Toughen up, Buttercup!"

No one likes getting fouled right in front of the referee and it not get called. And everybody can have a bad day when they might be wound a little too tight...

But good grief! I agree with you on this one. Taurasi went SO far over the top with that extreme reaction that she came off as unstable. Considering how she pursued the official to try to say more to her at close range, I wouldn't be surprised if the league considered that threatening behavior and fined her for it. Either that or ask her to get some anger management therapy.

She apparently has a reputation for having a short fuse, and now that she's older and probably tired as hell from her job and having two young children, she probably just needs to recognize that maybe she needs to ease on out from playing and start her own quirky sports show, which I am sure she will get immediately after retiring from play.

Only looking at the clip, not the game, Taurasi could have been called for a charge, she did push Candace back with her right arm and shoulder. Saw no blood, no mention of blood, and Taurasi never looked at, or pointed to her arm.

Did notice Taurasi wearing orange? shoes, and Candace wearing baby blue. 🤔

Now, maybe someone can transfer this to the WNBA thread.

Last edited:
Only looking at the clip, not the game, Taurasi could have been called for a charge, she did push Candace back with her right arm. Saw no blood, no mention of blood, and Taurasi never looked at, or pointed to her arm.

Did notice Taurasi wearing orange? shoes, and Candace wearing baby blue. 🤔

Now, maybe someone can transfer this to the WNBA thread.

As Taurasi is walking off the court with Nygaard, there's a trickle of blood on the back of her left forearm, and it was mentioned by the tv crew. It is exactly where her arm was facing toward Candace. I saw the blood, and she did eventually appear to lift her arm and glance down at it.

Like I said, no way did Candace mean to scratch her, but she probably did as both players were bringing their arms down.

As Taurasi is walking off the court with Nygaard, there's a trickle of blood on the back of her left forearm, and it was mentioned by the tv crew. It is exactly where her arm was facing toward Candace. I saw the blood, and she did eventually appear to lift her arm and glance down at it.

Like I said, no way did Candace mean to scratch her, but she probably did as both players were bringing their arms down.
Still, it’s nice that the good guy, Candace, played for Tennessee, and the angry other one doesn’t represent our school.

Last edited:
It was more personal for Taurasi just because Candace was involved in the play

I'm not so sure about that. It might be true but after last years championship Taurasi paid Parker some major compliments and she certainly didn't have to do that. One of the comments was something to the effect that CP can still do things on the court nobody else can do. I'm not a fan of DT but she said great things about Parker

Candace Parker's legacy comes full circle with second WNBA championship

Last edited:

CC911929-5510-4AB5-B43C-E340D4B06E56.jpeg

Saw this somewhere else and I thought you guys would find it interesting...

UT Athletic Director Danny White received a 2% bonus on his $1,890,000 salary for Kelly Harper’s team making the Sweet 16. That's $37,800.

FYI, White also gets a 3% bonus for any team that wins a national title.

@EarlVolFan glad you posted this information. Several thoughts.

First it's refreshing that the university went out and hired one of the best AD's in the country. AD White appears to have an incredible vision for UT athletics. It's also exciting to have someone who is not paralyzed, to the point of inaction, on other sports because of the baggage of football.
I understand football is important. However, other sports have atrophied while we wait for football to turn the proverbial corner.
That paradigm has changed...thankfully.

I knew we had a game changer his first month on the job. Early in his tenure, I was struct by his fund raising initiative. AD White categorized it as "The All in Fund." The first person to write a check to the fund was AD White....$250,000.00. He didn't go to UT. He had been on the job less than a month. But he was all in.

In a different forum someone used analytics to demonstrate Tennessee would win the best SEC athletics program for 21/22 if that award was still given. Clearly winning breeds winning. That would be the first time we finished first in many years.

I like the fact his contract is structured with incentives to win...now. Not five years from now...but now. AD White appears to fully understand and embrace the challenge. I love the commercial for Fisher Investments. They have structured fees for their brokers. Fisher Brokers are rewarded only when their clients do well. AD White gets it a d is doing well.

I love the fact he has made necessary strategic changes. Hired a former Lady Vol Golfer to lead our Lady Vol Golf Program. Without looking it up (Coach Canto) I think. She rewarded his decision in the last few weeks by signing three graduate transfers and a freshman that will make immediate impacts.

Last week, he made a fantastic hire for a new head coach to lead our combined track and field and cross country programs. Even with our out- going Coach finishing 3rd at the NCAA Men's National Championships and our Women finishing third in the SEC Indoor Championships. The message was we are a National Program who should be focused on winning National Championships not finishing third and applauding.

Buckle up everyone this is going to be a fun ride.

@EarlVolFan glad you posted this information. Several thoughts.

First it's refreshing that the university went out and hired one of the best AD's in the country. AD White appears to have an incredible vision for UT athletics. It's also exciting to have someone who is not paralyzed, to the point of inaction, on other sports because of the baggage of football.
I understand football is important. However, other sports have atrophied while we wait for football to turn the proverbial corner.
That paradigm has changed...thankfully.

I knew we had a game changer his first month on the job. Early in his tenure, I was struct by his fund raising initiative. AD White categorized it as "The All in Fund." The first person to write a check to the fund was AD White....$250,000.00. He didn't go to UT. He had been on the job less than a month. But he was all in.

In a different forum someone used analytics to demonstrate Tennessee would win the best SEC athletics program for 21/22 if that award was still given. Clearly winning breeds winning. That would be the first time we finished first in many years.

I like the fact his contract is structured with incentives to win...now. Not five years from now...but now. AD White appears to fully understand and embrace the challenge. I love the commercial for Fisher Investments. They have structured fees for their brokers. Fisher Brokers are rewarded only when their clients do well. AD White gets it a d is doing well.

I love the fact he has made necessary strategic changes. Hired a former Lady Vol Golfer to lead our Lady Vol Golf Program. Without looking it up (Coach Canto) I think. She rewarded his decision in the last few weeks by signing three graduate transfers and a freshman that will make immediate impacts.

Last week, he made a fantastic hire for a new head coach to lead our combined track and field and cross country programs. Even with our out- going Coach finishing 3rd at the NCAA Men's National Championships and our Women finishing third in the SEC Indoor Championships. The message was we are a National Program who should be focused on winning National Championships not finishing third and applauding.

Buckle up everyone this is going to be a fun ride.

GREAT POST!

I saw this on Facebook. Tennessee Lady Vol for Life Michelle Marciniak traveled to Albania and Afghanistan to work with young girls to team them basketball. Kellie Harper joined them on teleconference. Great stuff!

What it means to be a Lady Vol. Other teams could learn something from them.

Reactions: mcannon1

VN Store

Back