Tennessee Lady Vol News

Apparently the most recent round of COVID exposures occurred during commercial travel. It doesn't do the league any good to have their star players sitting at home instead of playing.

While that's true, that is also something that other secondary sports leagues have to deal with and charter flights are not an option for them either. WNBA needs to stop comparing themselves to NBA, NFL, MLB and what kind of perks they get. They should be comparing themselves to the G-League or XFL....probably the same kind of travel headaches, but they don't have the money to rectify it.

Reactions: sisaq
While that's true, that is also something that other secondary sports leagues have to deal with and charter flights are not an option for them either. WNBA needs to stop comparing themselves to NBA, NFL, MLB and what kind of perks they get. They should be comparing themselves to the G-League or XFL....probably the same kind of travel headaches, but they don't have the money to rectify it.

They keep comparing themselves with NBA & other sports ....sad

Reactions: Amb3096
They keep comparing themselves with NBA & other sports ....sad
The issue is not comparing themselves to other sports; the issue is comparing them to the most popular and lucrative sports leagues and thinking they are entitled to those salaries and perks or else it's sexism. They need to stop that nonsense already and find ways to get fans to pay attention to them in a way that actually grows the sport, not Twitter likes.

Kayla McBride and Damiras Dantas are the two impact players left.

They waived 5 players and signed only 1 in return.
They have to be waiting for Rennia to clear waivers and then attempt to re-sign her. Same w Yvonne Turner. Otherwise, this is a crazy move
So today, they extended new hardship contracts to Turner and Milic, and added one for Hannah Sjerven. They elected not to resign Davis. Looks like they also signed Evina and Moriah Jefferson to season contracts.

I'd love to know what happened with Davis. They really didn't even give her a chance.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
The issue is not comparing themselves to other sports; the issue is comparing them to the most popular and lucrative sports leagues and thinking they are entitled to those salaries and perks or else it's sexism. They need to stop that nonsense already and find ways to get fans to pay attention to them in a way that actually grows the sport, not Twitter likes.

4real

Perhaps they could dress real sexy when they play? Short shorts and bra tops? Because they obviously don’t deserve even a middle class living just because they are the best their sport has!

You are absolutely correct. In the Rickea interview Andrew asked if she got baptized at Pat’s statue. They’re the worst of the worst and every time I try to support them in the name of growing the game, they always find a way to piss on Tennessee. I can’t with this group.
Yes. I’m super bummed because I love their mission, but the Pat and Lady Vol hate have to stop. There’s fun trash talk and then there’s crossing the line bad trash talk.

Perhaps they could dress real sexy when they play? Short shorts and bra tops? Because they obviously don’t deserve even a middle class living just because they are the best their sport has!
They "deserve" whatever the market is willing to pay. Being the best at their sport doesn't mean anything unless you have a fanbase that wants to come watch you. We've already established that the WNBA fanbase is way below their expectations for what they are entitled to, and they are deluded. The top pro bowler doesn't make as much as NBA players either. There is little difference between the situation the top PBA players are in vs. the WNBA players...except the PBA players don't constantly whine about being underpaid and they have a much bigger viewing audience than the WNBA has. If they want more money, then get more fans to justify it.

As far as dressing sexy to make a living, you might want to ask Liz Cambage how she's doing with her OnlyFans account. She probably makes more money with that than she does with her WNBA salary, because apparently there's a bigger demand for her scantily clad pictures than there is for her performance as one of the best players in the WNBA.

Yeah. Who cares if they can hoop? (blue text)

Reactions: Lucy
Weird, isn't it? It's almost as if someone simply didn't like her. :confused:
I don't know why they drafted her tbh. They had Collier, McBride and Shepard. All of them were either young or just entering their prime, and it was unlikely that Davis was going to jump ahead of any of them in the depth chart. Then she gets injured, they signed McCoughtry and were pretty much done with her. Even after parting ways with McCoughtry and not having McBride all season wasn't enough for them to give her a closer loo. Really bizarre...

Reactions: LadyOrange
They "deserve" whatever the market is willing to pay. Being the best at their sport doesn't mean anything unless you have a fanbase that wants to come watch you. We've already established that the WNBA fanbase is way below their expectations for what they are entitled to, and they are deluded. The top pro bowler doesn't make as much as NBA players either. There is little difference between the situation the top PBA players are in vs. the WNBA players...except the PBA players don't constantly whine about being underpaid and they have a much bigger viewing audience than the WNBA has. If they want more money, then get more fans to justify it.

As far as dressing sexy to make a living, you might want to ask Liz Cambage how she's doing with her OnlyFans account. She probably makes more money with that than she does with her WNBA salary, because apparently there's a bigger demand for her scantily clad pictures than there is for her performance as one of the best players in the WNBA.
I’m not okay with referring to people as products of a market. I know that’s the way the world turns, and it shows just how distorted people’s values can be.

I’m not okay with referring to people as products of a market. I know that’s the way the world turns, and it shows just how distorted people’s values can be.
Sure, it's reductive...but that's life. Organizations pay us money because of whatever we produce, not because we're nice people. I made the mistake earlier in my career of not separating my personal identity from my professional one, and I've felt much better ever since I made that line of separation.

You can stop proving his point about the sense of entitlement any time now.

They aren't entitled to anyone's entertainment dollar no matter how good or bad they are, and their business model of extorting the NBA for money will limit their appeal because everyone understands what a shakedown looks like and it puts the lie to the strong and independent label they try to apply to themselves.

Women make up half the population and could make the WNBA as successful as the NBA if they so desired. They don't so desire. Yet they receive none of the blame for the WNBA's failure. It is all put on men who get trashed and mocked like you just did in return for the resources they sank into this money pit.

"Shut up and give me your money you sexist pig" is not going to be a successful marketing technique for them and if you encourage it you are doing the league no favors.

You can stop proving his point about the sense of entitlement any time now.

They aren't entitled to anyone's entertainment dollar no matter how good or bad they are, and their business model of extorting the NBA for money will limit their appeal because everyone understands what a shakedown looks like and it puts the lie to the strong and independent label they try to apply to themselves.

Women make up half the population and could make the WNBA as successful as the NBA if they so desired. They don't so desire. Yet they receive none of the blame for the WNBA's failure. It is all put on men who get trashed and mocked like you just did in return for the resources they sank into this money pit.

"Shut up and give me your money you sexist pig" is not going to be a successful marketing technique for them and if you encourage it you are doing the league no favors.
I can not believe you are saying the WNBA players suffer from a sense of entitlement! You have observed the behavior of professional male athletes correct? Or really many men in general. Haven’t we really had enough of men who think they always know best and women should just do what they say…Oh yeah, wait.

Reactions: Texas

My point exactly! Congratulations to all those men, presumably you are in this group, who would rather look at a woman as an object, a collection of body parts than a skilled athlete. I am pretty damn sick of how women are dismissed and diminished in sports and society in general.

VN Store

Back