Tennessee Lady Vol News

Taylor Jones just committed they look stronger in the post than last season now.

I agree, she’s a nice player. Solid on both ends, bigger and more fit than what they had last season. She and Moore will compliment one another well.

I think Texas will have a solid 5-7 player rotation but will likely not be a deep team next season.

Isn’t Rae still in school? The semester isn’t over for another couple of weeks.
Is this confirmed she's not there? All the other draftees are in training camp. At least some of them are finishing the semester online. Rae won't make a roster if she's not fighting it out with the other players.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I still wouldn't rank them above TN... I will also want to see how Taylor Jones does in the Big12 they are a little more physical than the Pac12 so it will be interesting
No I wouldn't either at this time. They may not be through and of course we may not either.

Congrats, but thought she had a Masters, and a doctorate in “leadership studies” already. How is she eligible for a $10,000 scholarship when the scholarship is for a minority female who is just beginning post graduate studies?

Part of the stated requirement:

“Available annually to college graduates who will be entering into the first year of their initial postgraduate studies.”

Last edited:
Congrats, but thought she had a Masters and a doctorate in “leadership studies” already. How is she eligible for a $10,000 scholarship when the scholarship is for a minority female who is just beginning post graduate studies?

Part of the stated requirement:

“Available annually to college graduates who will be entering into the first year of their initial postgraduate studies.”

This is HUGE for Keyen, who has been working super hard to secure funds to continue her studies. I remember reading something a while back that made me think she's under stress to get some financial help from somewhere. Green deserves all the good things that will ever come her way. 🧡

This is HUGE for Keyen, who has been working super hard to secure funds to continue her studies. I remember reading something a while back that made me think she's under stress to get some financial help from somewhere. Green deserves all the good things that will ever come her way. 🧡
Didn’t say she didn‘t, doesn’t everyone? Green is doing well, she has now gotten college scholarship money for 7 years. The requirement for this last scholarship just looks like it is for someone who just graduated. With her degrees, she should eventually land a very good job.

Didn’t say she didn‘t, doesn’t everyone? Green is doing well, she has now gotten college scholarship money for 7 years. The requirement for this last scholarship just looks like it is for someone who just graduated. With her degrees, she should eventually land a very good job.

Maybe it's not too late for you to reach out to the scholarship committee to have the funds pulled from her. I suppose you could even start a petition, and if you get enough signature maybe they will change their minds. 🙄

Actual Eligibility Requirements: Ethnic Minority and Women’s Enhancement Graduate Scholarship

Eligibility
Students or student-athletes at an active NCAA member institution who:

• Are at least in their final season of NCAA athletics eligibility or will not be using any remaining athletics eligibility.
  • Have an overall undergraduate minimum cumulative grade-point average of 3.200 (based on a 4.000 scale) or its equivalent, including all undergraduate hours earned at all undergraduate institutions attended. The grade-point average may not include any graduate-level hours. (Meaning a player may have graduate level hours already accumulated. She’s not completed her doctorate, she’s working towards it.)
  • Are seeking admission or have been accepted into a sports administration or other graduate program that will assist the applicant in obtaining a career in intercollegiate athletics (athletics administrator, coach, athletic trainer or other career that provides a direct service to intercollegiate athletics).
  • Must enroll in an NCAA member institution on a full-time basis.
  • Are outstanding citizens and excellent role models for the institution and intercollegiate athletics.
  • Applicants must have performed with distinction as a student body member at their respective undergraduate institution. The applicant's involvement in extracurricular activities, course work, commitment to pursuing a career in intercollegiate athletics and promise for success in such a career will be considered.

Actual Eligibility Requirements: Ethnic Minority and Women’s Enhancement Graduate Scholarship

Eligibility
Students or student-athletes at an active NCAA member institution who:

• Are at least in their final season of NCAA athletics eligibility or will not be using any remaining athletics eligibility.
  • Have an overall undergraduate minimum cumulative grade-point average of 3.200 (based on a 4.000 scale) or its equivalent, including all undergraduate hours earned at all undergraduate institutions attended. The grade-point average may not include any graduate-level hours. (Meaning a player may have graduate level hours already accumulated. She’s not completed her doctorate, she’s working towards it.)
  • Are seeking admission or have been accepted into a sports administration or other graduate program that will assist the applicant in obtaining a career in intercollegiate athletics (athletics administrator, coach, athletic trainer or other career that provides a direct service to intercollegiate athletics).
  • Must enroll in an NCAA member institution on a full-time basis.
  • Are outstanding citizens and excellent role models for the institution and intercollegiate athletics.
  • Applicants must have performed with distinction as a student body member at their respective undergraduate institution. The applicant's involvement in extracurricular activities, course work, commitment to pursuing a career in intercollegiate athletics and promise for success in such a career will be considered.

Yes, but you left out:

“The NCAA awards $10,000 to 13 ethnic minorities and 13 female college graduates who will be entering their initial year of graduate studies.”

It really doesn’t matter, just wondered.

Congratulations Keyen!!! Much deserved.

The requirements are very specific and stringent. While they likely give preference to those who have not yet started grad school I would not be shocked if they make exceptions based on funds.

I received a very large grant for graduate school even though I did not attend a school that qualified for it. I still applied and they had excess funds for my year so I ended up getting it. Saved me over $100k in student loans. Gotta shoot your shot even if the chance is slim!

Yes, but you left out:

“The NCAA awards $10,000 to 13 ethnic minorities and 13 female college graduates who will be entering their initial year of graduate studies.”

See my post below. It’s not uncommon for scholarships to make exceptions based on funding. With the 3.2 GPA requirement, ethic distinction, field of study and it being a graduate scholarship I would bet there are not actually that many women who qualify.

Plus the additional requirements seem like you really have to be an exemplary person, not just a great student. Something Keyen most certainly is. I still hope she doesn’t get outta Knoxville without a job offer.

Would be dynamite in our athletics department.

Yes, but you left out:

No, I listed the actual eligibility requirements, as it’s listed under the actual eligibility requirements(see link). I took nothing out. If the requirements don’t match up to what they state as the purpose, it sounds like a loop hole through which a very talented and deserving young woman jumped right on through.

Congrats Keyennnn! 🖤🖤🖤

Last edited:
100% agreed. Keyan Green is the type of person that young people should look up to and aspire to be like!!!

Is UT Athletics changing from Vivid Seats to Ticketmaster? I hope so because Vivid's customer service sucks! Just got this email from the UT ticket office...

VOL NATION! Greetings from Big Orange Country.

We are excited to announce that you will soon be receiving emails from Tennessee Athletics from a new email platform! This includes emails related to:

• Season tickets
  • Order confirmations
  • Digital tickets & transfering tickets
  • Exclusive pre-sales
  • Newsletter (GBO Insider)
  • Great news about the Vols and Lady Vols
The transition will take place in the coming weeks and renewal information for men's and women's basketball season tickets will be sent via the new email platform.

This platform is designed to improve your email communication experience giving you easier flexibility on what info you receive from us.

To make this transition as smooth as possible for you and our team at Tennessee Athletics, please take a moment to add the following email utathletics@engage.ticketmaster.com to your address book or list of approved senders to ensure that you are receiving relevant email communications from Tennessee Athletics.

If you have questions, please contact the Ticket Office at 865-656-1200 during regular office hours (Mon - Fri, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm ET).

Thanks and Go Big Orange!

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Is UT Athletics changing from Vivid Seats to Ticketmaster? I hope so because Vivid's customer service sucks! Just got this email from the UT ticket office...

VOL NATION! Greetings from Big Orange Country.

We are excited to announce that you will soon be receiving emails from Tennessee Athletics from a new email platform! This includes emails related to:
  • Season tickets
  • Order confirmations
  • Digital tickets & transfering tickets
  • Exclusive pre-sales
  • Newsletter (GBO Insider)
  • Great news about the Vols and Lady Vols
The transition will take place in the coming weeks and renewal information for men's and women's basketball season tickets will be sent via the new email platform.

This platform is designed to improve your email communication experience giving you easier flexibility on what info you receive from us.

To make this transition as smooth as possible for you and our team at Tennessee Athletics, please take a moment to add the following email utathletics@engage.ticketmaster.com to your address book or list of approved senders to ensure that you are receiving relevant email communications from Tennessee Athletics.

If you have questions, please contact the Ticket Office at 865-656-1200 during regular office hours (Mon - Fri, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm ET).

Thanks and Go Big Orange!
Yes. This change is way past due. Trying to load tickets on the Vivid website was successful about 10 percent t of the time. Plus their customer service was non-existentt!!

VN Store

Back