Tennessee Lady Vol News

I've seen Striplin play very well with her back to the basket, posting up 4's and 5's, and making moves to score once she gets the ball. I think she's more versatile than you credit her for. But I question her mobility and quickness to play the 4 spot against some opposition 4's. She's a very physical player, but wanting in quickness. In that way more suited for the 5, though she's a bit undersized for that position in the SEC. Could be she is a tweener and will add depth to both positions and get PT based on matchups more than a locked in position.

Good/great post.....
In the off season Striplin needs to really work on her playing quickness...Her foot speed is what it is, and can be improved some, but her body quickness in getting her shot off accurately, can be enhanced dramatically....

I agree she is a little short for the 5, but circumstances may have her playing more 5 than the 4 spot....She'll never be a true rim protector, but just maybe, she will be a much better scorer than she was this past season....

She's a hell of a fine girl....
Karoline-Striplin-Aub-Credit-UT.jpg

Good/great post.....
In the off season Striplin needs to really work on her playing quickness...Her foot speed is what it is, and can be improved some, but her body quickness in getting her shot off accurately, can be enhanced dramatically....

I agree she is a little short for the 5, but circumstances may have her playing more 5 than the 4 spot....She'll never be a true rim protector, but just maybe, she will be a much better scorer than she was this past season....

[U
Good/great post.....

From what I've seen, offense is not what keeps her from more PT, it's defense. Her lack of quickness hurts her against some SEC fours (like Rickea Jackson, to use an exaggerated example) and some SEC 5's.. I think she can best improve her quickness defensively by improved footwork and positioning, and maybe more strength. She compares to Puckett in terms of footspeed and quickness, but Puckett compensates her lack of quickness with savvy positioning and terrific footwork.
OTE]

Watching that interview with Jazz Powell was giving me chills. Love to hear her talk basketball. Think she is going to be a great PG for us. I think she, Walker and Miles will be a nightmare for opposing teams at the guard spot. Defensively they can all bring it at this point. Will be able to spread the minutes out a bit more and let them go really hard.

I think Walker will actually appreciate a reduced role, you could tell at times she was on empty and still trying her hardest. She’s a hooper and her body has been through it. She’s a great leader and will be superb as a super senior no doubt.

Jazz sounds like a point guards point guard. Watching her film actually reminds me of….Kellie…lol

She makes some beautiful bounce passes in transition and will penetrate the lane and make the perfect dish like Kellie always did. Really commits on it.

Our defense is going to be able to go much harder much longer next season. Pray for no injuries because we are finally going to be deep. Honestly think we will have 12 players on the roster who can truly go anytime.

Is Orange Mountain designs going to do a package deal where you can get one each of the players shirseys?

Would have one for almost every conference game. Shirsey club in the stands anyone!?

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Is Orange Mountain designs going to do a package deal where you can get one each of the players shirseys?

Would have one for almost every conference game. Shirsey club in the stands anyone!?

I am going broke buying t-shirts! lol It all started with Horston's "Caution" shirt, but after that I have felt compelled to buy them all since I didn't want the guilt of choosing one of my babies over another.

Hey, I've been up-front about my compulsiveness. lol

I am going broke buying t-shirts! lol It all started with Horston's "Caution" shirt, but after that I have felt compelled to buy them all since I didn't want the guilt of choosing one of my babies over another.

Hey, I've been up-front about my compulsiveness. lol

lmao yes. Same.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Maybe I have missed it, but does anyone know Keyen’s plan? I think she would be a dynamite graduate assistant.
I thought the same thing and would like to see maybe Jordan walker move into that role maybe the following year. They are both big on education, want to be coaches and would learn a tremendous amount at learning the coaching side at the best womens basketball program in the world.

Reactions: Lucy and VolBall09
View attachment 446832Rae goes in the first round in all but one.

Surprised so many have Nyara Sabally so high. I don’t think she’s anywhere near the talent of her sister. Maybe just due to injuries but I never saw the same versatility from her.

Laughable someone has Westbrook in the first round. I maintain she won’t make a roster. Do think she’ll be drafted but will be cut in training camp.

Surprised so many have Nyara Sabally so high. I don’t think she’s anywhere near the talent of her sister. Maybe just due to injuries but I never saw the same versatility from her.

Laughable someone has Westbrook in the first round. I maintain she won’t make a roster. Do think she’ll be drafted but will be cut in training camp.

Might be good for recruiting to point out the relative development of Rae and Westbrook. One was much more highly touted, but the other improved her game more under the tutelage of the coaches at UT.

VN Store

Back