Tennessee Lady Vol News

I wasn’t worried about Keyen because she was on the bench with ice and now y’all are making me worried she is really injured😓
I watched that over and her knee did something crazy when she planted for the shot as though she felt immediate pain, but she seemed to be walking alright after the game so I am hopeful it isn't serious. If something had torn, you would have thought she would have been on crutches or some kind of mobility device and she wasn't following the game. Just an Ice pack taped to the knee.

Lady Vols are carrying the men’s team again. All is right on Rocky Top once more!!!

And Baylor at 11 is still laughable to me. They are a team I hope stay ranked and ends up in our bracket though. Baylor days in the top 25 are numbered under Collen. Just not impressed with what I’ve seen so far. Their win over Iowa State was lucky. The Joens sisters being out the game before and Iowa State getting blown out and having drama definitely affected their Baylor game.

Lady Vols are carrying the men’s team again. All is right on Rocky Top once more!!!

And Baylor at 11 is still laughable to me. They are a team I hope stay ranked and ends up in our bracket though. Baylor days in the top 25 are numbered under Collen. Just not impressed with what I’ve seen so far. Their win over Iowa State was lucky. The Joens sisters being out the game before and Iowa State getting blown out and having drama definitely affected their Baylor game.
I think we are going to see the men rise some over the next few weeks. I think they can get in or close to the top ten. I think they finally figured some things out. The Lady Vols need to keep winning and need others to lose were up there not to much further to go.

Reactions: VolBall09
I watched that over and her knee did something crazy when she planted for the shot as though she felt immediate pain, but she seemed to be walking alright after the game so I am hopeful it isn't serious. If something had torn, you would have thought she would have been on crutches or some kind of mobility device and she wasn't following the game. Just an Ice pack taped to the knee.

I’m thinking there are just a few things hanging loose in there. Her knees look pretty swollen in general. I suspect Keyen is one of those who loves the game and is choosing to play through pain.

I know so many former athletes who’s bodies were shot before their playing days were over but they gutted it out. Keyen knows this is it for her playing career so she’s gonna give it her all I think.

Good information. BTW, Walz was never going to be considered for the Lady Vols job, according to UTAD sources, because 'many people in women’s basketball have been uncomfortable with his actions on the recruiting trail and behind the scenes' that eliminated him from the candidate list.

He did effectively use the press to make the Louisville AD think that he was a candidate for the Lady Vols job to get a raise and contract extension.

For context, Stillman was a team manager at Louisville under Walz during their Final Four run when they upset Britney Griner's Baylor team, and is still friends with him to this day. He was obviously vocal about Walz to Tennessee and also put Vandy on blast when they didn't consider him for their vacancy, and has strongly implied he believes Walz would have taken either job if seriously pursued...

Last edited:
Good information. BTW, Walz was never going to be considered for the Lady Vols job, according to UTAD sources because 'many people in women’s basketball have been uncomfortable with his actions on the recruiting trail and behind the scenes' that eliminated him from the candidate list.

He did effectively use the press to make the Louisville AD think that he was a candidate for the Lady Vols job to get a raise and contract extension.

I’m glad our athletics department has some integrity.

Wish the NCAA would do more to cut down on the recruiting violations. With social media these days it’s rampant I’m sure.

You go to Jacksons Instagram and active players on other teams are all up in her comments. Angel Reese front and center. It’s no secret Brenda has been recruiting players on active teams for years and nothing has ever been done.

We know where Jeff learned it because he did it when he was her assistant with great success and no consequences. So why not carry that right over into your head coaching career?

Gotta love Stillman. He's not a homer. He tells it like it is. If the old guard LV booster blue hairs don't like what he said here, too bad. Being a homer is easy. Being a realist is hard.........for some.........

Kellie DID get fired at NC St. No getting around it. And it IS a harbinger of things to come here. People who are fired once will NEVER be successful in their professions from then on. Getting fired is HARD.....................

She will one day be fired here because she will NEVER be able to recruit here just as she couldn't recruit there. She's had three chances to land a top five class and has failed miserably each time. She took over a program in GREAT SHAPE and should have recruited top five classes for each of her first three classes. In fact, she should have won a natty last year with the players Holly left her if she had recruited elite classes. After all, it was her second year here already. And she should have won the SEC outright her first year if she was really a P-5 coach. Recognizing reality is hard.................Unless you are me or Stillman, then it's easy.

let me say welcome to the forum. It's a good thing you joined. read a lot of posts because they will be highly informative for you and its having information that makes a good poster.

Reactions: OrangeBeachVol
Gotta love Stillman. He's not a homer. He tells it like it is. If the old guard LV booster blue hairs don't like what he said here, too bad. Being a homer is easy. Being a realist is hard.........for some.........

Kellie DID get fired at NC St. No getting around it. And it IS a harbinger of things to come here. People who are fired once will NEVER be successful in their professions from then on. Getting fired is HARD.....................

She will one day be fired here because she will NEVER be able to recruit here just as she couldn't recruit there. She's had three chances to land a top five class and has failed miserably each time. She took over a program in GREAT SHAPE and should have recruited top five classes for each of her first three classes. In fact, she should have won a natty last year with the players Holly left her if she had recruited elite classes. After all, it was her second year here already. And she should have won the SEC outright her first year if she was really a P-5 coach. Recognizing reality is hard.................Unless you are me or Stillman, then it's easy.

Hahahahahaha! Imagine actually believing what you just typed. Needed that laugh this morning. Thanks for helping me burn some calories. "Should have won National Championship with the FOUNDATION Holly left" now that is a classic.

Dirt ball a really great name for you. Your post stink and you and Stillman, the guy that said that Brady wasn't as good as the current Titan QB is your hero. Makes you someone that is totally irrelevant and useless to this board going forward.

Dirt ball a really great name for you. Your post stink and you and Stillman, the guy that said that Brady wasn't as good as the current Titan QB is your hero. Makes you someone that is totally irrelevant and useless to this board going forward.
You know this is not a serious post, right? It’s obviously a parody account of Darth Vol. The only thing Dirt should have done is put his text in blue. Very funny post.

You know this is not a serious post, right? It’s obviously a parody account of Darth Vol. The only thing Dirt should have done is put his text in blue. Very funny post.
It's also evidence of how much rent free space Darth occupies in the heads of many. Hell he doesn't even have to post anymore, and rarely does. You bait biters do it for him! There are 10x times the amount of posts about him than by him. Once again, I beg for at least a separate thread for board on board posts and parodies.

Rhyne's defensive stats the last 5 games haven't been so bad: 10 steals, 10 blocks, 38 rebounds are all fantastic numbers for a guard. She does have a reputation for taking defensive plays off, but if she committed to it all in (like she'll need to in the WNBA) I think she'll be a very good 2-way player. She has the tools.

Stats don't tell the full story, of course. I don't think Tamari will win the award, but I still can't think of another current player that strikes fear in the hearts of opposing teams trying to shoot over/around her than Tamari does...and that includes Aliyah (who I presume will be the winner).

Rhyne's defensive stats the last 5 games haven't been so bad: 10 steals, 10 blocks, 38 rebounds are all fantastic numbers for a guard. She does have a reputation for taking defensive plays off, but if she committed to it all in (like she'll need to in the WNBA) I think she'll be a very good 2-way player. She has the tools.

Stats don't tell the full story, of course. I don't think Tamari will win the award, but I still can't think of another current player that strikes fear in the hearts of opposing teams trying to shoot over/around her than Tamari does...and that includes Aliyah (who I presume will be the winner).

I think they will be ok with awardingTK the DPOY (she is def the top defensive player right now without a question and EVERY coach says their game plan changes when she is in the game).

I can see Aaliyah winning POY and making the All- Defensive Team

A lot of that is happening against opponents bench when they are down 30 lately.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back