Tennessee Lady Vol News

Does not matter who I like. I don't think anyone with the exception of possibly Stanford is a clear cut favorite to win the championship but I respect your and the USC fans opinion....I just don't think the chickens are at the top of their game right now. Will they? Possible. Let's see.

As usual in tournament play ….. THE GUARDS PLAY , will determine the winners ! South Carolina guards are not consistent …. Henderson , Cook , and their sub Littleton , must shoot well and keep the other teams defense playing honest straight up defense . Then SC can win …. But if teams make Sc score from outside and they can’t…. Then they are beatable ! JMO

As usual in tournament play ….. THE GUARDS PLAY , will determine the winners ! South Carolina guards are not consistent …. Henderson , Cook , and their sub Littleton , must shoot well and keep the other teams defense playing honest straight up defense . Then SC can win …. But if teams make Sc score from outside and they can’t…. Then they are beatable ! JMO

That’s certainly one way to beat them. There appear to be more. Too many teams have hung on late only to be out-talented at the end.

Great picture! Tamika hasn't aged a day, it seems. It's still kind of depressing to realize that time hasn't stood still. As I look at these 4 ladies all grown up, I realize that I aged by the same amount...and that makes me unhappy :oops:

Ace was one of my favorite players. Great lefty playmaker and was one of those players who always looked great even while sweating. I recall a story where CPS commented about her painted nails and Ace said, "I want to look pretty"...with CPS retorting something like, "I don't care about pretty. I want TOUGH." Good thing Ace met both requirements!

UT moves into the top 5 for the first time since 2015!! GLV.

Someone should ask the police to do a wellness check at Barf-Vol’s house! Lady Vols earning a Top 5 ranking, KH as Coach of the Week, Darby looking sharp AND Burrell coming back, all in one week, may have sent it over the edge.

Speaking of Barf, has it been around much lately? I’m guessing not.

UT moves into the top 5 for the first time since 2015!! GLV.

That was Mercedes and Jamie's sophomore year wasn't it? Was that the year we started out ranked #4 and gradually fell out of the rankings....year 4 of Holly.

This may just be me looking through orange tinted glasses but I think this team plays a lot better than that team. That team had multiple 5 stars and top recruits but didn't play well as a team and didn't improve over the course of the year even though that team went to the Elite 8. This years team is not loaded with top rated players (there are some though) but offsets that by being tough, resilient and great teammates. This years team may be the best, all things considered, since Candace.

That was Mercedes and Jamie's sophomore year wasn't it? Was that the year we started out ranked #4 and gradually fell out of the rankings....year 4 of Holly.

This may just be me looking through orange tinted glasses but I think this team plays a lot better than that team. That team had multiple 5 stars and top recruits but didn't play well as a team and didn't improve over the course of the year even though that team went to the Elite 8. This years team is not loaded with top rated players (there are some though) but offsets that by being tough, resilient and great teammates. This years team may be the best, all things considered, since Candace.

Correct that was the season I knew it was the beginning of the end. The first season or two I really tried to give Holly the benefit of the doubt.

After we started top 5 and steadily declined all season it was obvious we were headed the wrong direction. There was so much talent on that team but none of them were working together.

We were still heavily benefitting from teams being scared of playing Tennessee at that point also. I felt like after that season was when teams started to view us as someone they could knock off. A team that was not consistent and you could get in our heads.

Teams are still thinking that but it’s been a mistake for them so far this season. I’m certain Coach Yo thought they were going to beat us yesterday. At the very least she thought it would be close. In reality we controlled almost that entire game aside from what we couldn’t with the officiating. Play that game at home and we win by 30 I think. This team plays their game, every game.

Teams are still thinking that but it’s been a mistake for them so far this season. I’m certain Coach Yo thought they were going to beat us yesterday. At the very least she thought it would be close. In reality we controlled almost that entire game aside from what we couldn’t with the officiating. Play that game at home and we win by 30 I think. This team plays their game, every game.

This.

Every single lower- or unranked team's coach this year has probably gotten their team pumped up talking about this Tennessee team is one they can steal a great upset victory over. Thank goodness our team this year is mentally strong.

I don't know about sheer talent, but this team has the most grit and toughness of any team since 2008.

Great picture! Tamika hasn't aged a day, it seems. It's still kind of depressing to realize that time hasn't stood still. As I look at these 4 ladies all grown up, I realize that I aged by the same amount...and that makes me unhappy :oops:

Ace was one of my favorite players. Great lefty playmaker and was one of those players who always looked great even while sweating. I recall a story where CPS commented about her painted nails and Ace said, "I want to look pretty"...with CPS retorting something like, "I don't care about pretty. I want TOUGH." Good thing Ace met both requirements!
As I remember, ace was always in the doghouse with Pat. Ace seemed to shrug off what Pat said to her.

VN Store

Back