Tennessee Lady Vol News

Yes, he has. But Final Four-level success?

My point is that they are always among the top attendance leaders despite not having a bunch of champuonship banners and trophies, and that's amazing to me.

No but a tough out anyway. Their fans have seen a lot of wins over the years

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I want to chime in real quick. Iowa State has always had amazing fan support since Fennelly took over. From Stacy Frese in the late 90’s to now, that’s a program who will draw around 10,000 a game. They love their ladies , and will show up. I enjoy Watching their home games. It’s a fun crowd who understands the game. I’m hoping Kellie can get us back to those numbers. TBA is always exciting when the arena is rocking with 10,000 plus.

I stole this from Facebook, but I think it's a pretty good perspective on the season's start...

BRING IT ON: The Lady Vols are off to a 🔥start, 6-0 with wins over…

5️⃣ teams that were previously undefeated
4️⃣ teams that were in last year’s NCAA tournament
3️⃣ teams from the Big 12 conference
2️⃣ teams that returned all 5 starters from last year
1️⃣ team that finished first in their conference last year

Oh yeah, and✌️Top 25 wins against teams that have knocked off defending National Champ Stanford this season.

I stole this from Facebook, but I think it's a pretty good perspective on the season's start...

BRING IT ON: The Lady Vols are off to a 🔥start, 6-0 with wins over…

5️⃣ teams that were previously undefeated
4️⃣ teams that were in last year’s NCAA tournament
3️⃣ teams from the Big 12 conference
2️⃣ teams that returned all 5 starters from last year
1️⃣ team that finished first in their conference last year

Oh yeah, and✌️Top 25 wins against teams that have knocked off defending National Champ Stanford this season.

Nicely done.

UCF over Southern California yesterday. Kansas won handily, Texas won big so our opponents are19 and 2 in games played other than the Lady Vols.

This will make a huge difference for our Net ranking! How the teams you play go on and perform seems to contribute a lot to that ranking. Kellie designed this schedule to play to the Net and get us a good seed for the tournament. Just need to keep playing tough!

Even if we have some losses we need to keep them close. We already have 4 quality wins, possibly 5.

Y’all.. Horston is averaging 19.4 points 11 rebounds 4.2 assists … this is her junior year and it’s just getting started. Her shooting percentages will get better and her 6.2 turnover rate will go down as she and the rest of the team learn more about each others tendencies and abilities.

Key is averaging a near double double with 8.2 points and 9.7 rebounds and 4 blocks per game. She’s getting more confident with each game and truly becoming that leader in the post we need her to be. Coach Joy has done a great job with her in one summer with so much more to be played.

I’m hoping beyond hope we get Rae back soon so the team can continue to gel and build chemistry. Because when she does… every other school is on notice.

We’d then have a big 4 because Dye is averaging 8.5 in both points and rebounds so teams definitely know she’s capable.

Our supporting cast of Walker/Puckett/Green/Miles who all bring something different. Walker is offensively aggressive, Puckett is a playmaker on and off the ball along with becoming a consistent shooter, Green is a consistent post sub who’s capable of giving big minutes when called upon, Miles and her defensive pressure and ability to handle the ball with little mistakes along with the increased bench support of Striplin/Wynn.. I think we can all agree that we could make a nice run.

These next 3 games we SHOULD be able to get more people in the game and give our starters some rest and some reps for the bench as well as play some different lineups before we get to Stanford and soon after SEC play… it’d be great to get Rae back by the Georgia State game 🤞🏿🤞🏿

Edit to add:

Omg I didn’t mean to leave her out! I’ve always had high hopes for Darby this year and she’s coming into her own. She’s on the same tier of Walker/Green/Miles/Puckett. Just keep shooting your shot and they’ll fall and continue adjusting to the speed of the game and she’s more than fine! I like that she wants to shoot pull up jumpers and expand her game.

Last edited:
Y’all.. Horston is averaging 19.4 points 11 rebounds 4.2 assists … this is her junior year and it’s just getting started. Her shooting percentages will get better and her 6.2 turnover rate will go down as she and the rest of the team learn more about each others tendencies and abilities.

Key is averaging a near double double with 8.2 points and 9.7 rebounds and 4 blocks per game. She’s getting more confident with each game and truly becoming that leader in the post we need her to be. Coach Joy has done a great job with her in one summer with so much more to be played.

I’m hoping beyond hope we get Rae back soon so the team can continue to gel and build chemistry. Because when she does… every other school is on notice.

We’d then have a big 4 because Dye is averaging 8.5 in both points and rebounds so teams definitely know she’s capable.

Our supporting cast of Walker/Puckett/Green/Miles who all bring something different. Walker is offensively aggressive, Puckett is a playmaker on and off the ball along with becoming a consistent shooter, Green is a consistent post sub who’s capable of giving big minutes when called upon, Miles and her defensive pressure and ability to handle the balls with little mistakes along with the increased bench support of Striplin/Wynn.. I think we can all agree that we could make a nice run.

These next 3 games we SHOULD be able to get more people in the game and give our starters some rest and some reps for the bench as well as play some different lineups before we get to Stanford and soon after SEC play… it’d be great to get Rae back by the Georgia State game 🤞🏿🤞🏿
You forgot Tess

Our supporting cast of Walker/Puckett/Green/Miles who all bring something different. Walker is offensively aggressive, Puckett is a playmaker on and off the ball along with becoming a consistent shooter, Green is a consistent post sub who’s capable of giving big minutes when called upon, Miles and her defensive pressure and ability to handle the balls with little mistakes along with the increased bench support of Striplin/Wynn.. I think we can all agree that we could make a nice run.

No Darby??

Reactions: dapeak
Ah, knew I wasn’t the only one looking for the new rankings, I’ve been looking since our last game, did a search for what time they might come out, stayed up late last night, looked early this morning, I’m obsessed. 🤪 Still don’t see the new rankings, but if 7 is the new number, NICE! We’re jumping a lot of teams. Great work Kellie, Coaches, and Team! Keep fighting!

GO LADY VOLS!!!

whats tenn twitter recuiting account? maria and buck show said its finals this in class this term @lv_recuiting i got it here iit is anybody is looking

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

VN Store

Back