Tennessee Lady Vol News

And to think USF was the second best team in that lame conference. 118-0, and bragging about beating up on the cupcakes by 40-50 most nights. Let's make one thing clear here, if Uconn played in a real P5 conference like a PAC, SEC, B10 or even an ACC or B12, that's 20+games per year under different circumstances.
More minutes from starters during regular season. More quality teams that can compete, likely more injuries and more hostile environments. Better competition.
I get Uconn schedules 3-4 quality opponents per year, and always has. But its a whole different thing to get up for 3-4 games than to have to bring it 12-15 times every season. Where does 12-15 come from? Well, schools in P5 conferences schedule difficult games OOC as well, and just as an example, SC this year had NCSU, Stanford, Conn, Md and Duke (watch them this year). Add those 5 to the expected 8-10 conference games that will be legit battles and we aren't talking about only having to be up and "ready" for 3-4 games a year prior to tournaments, and don't get me started on your conference tournament, no competition once again.
Sure Uconn is always one of the best teams in the country. But I think MSU, SC, ARK and AZ have shown them recently what would happen when you play P5 teams on a consistent basis, esp on their home courts....you lose some of them ala Ark last year.
How many SEC games do you think South Carolina will lose this season ?

How many SEC games do you think South Carolina will lose this season ?

It`s all about the match up who matches up well against them. Player for Player and Position against Position. Can they lose a SEC game sure if you catch any team at the right time you have a shot.

I am 100% certain the players are shooting much, much better in practice. Great, even. So I don't think the coaches need to teach them how to shoot. They already know how to shoot. What they obviously need is the ability to shoot the ball in games without thinking so much about it -- like Rae does.

This team's shooting woes are 100% mental. They appear to need someone to have the hot hand early to get everyone else loose and relaxed and not overly worried about whether anyone is ever going to start making shots.

I've seen many a team like that over the years, and the teams that win championships are the ones with scorers who never fall into that mental trap. Our players could benefit from extensive, very serious shot visualization meditation before games, seeing themselves in their minds' eyes making shot after shot after shot after shot.

That's my theory! :)

Totally agree. See yourself making the shot, see yourself winning the game. It’s about confidence and determination, and I know Kellie is doing her best to instill both in her players.

When I was younger, I loved shooting baskets, I could shoot all over the floor. I’m older now, and I could still go out and do that. If I had someone talking about where my wrists, elbows, or fingers should be, I think that would have caused overthinking to say the least. When I read on here that someone can teach a basically non shooter to shoot, I don’t believe it. When our last Coach kept talking to her players about not taking a “bad shot”, she ruined their shooting. When an outside shooter got the ball she thought is this a good shot, will Coach get after me because I took this shot, that thought process caused hesitancy, and by then the confidence was gone and the defender was there.

Watch the concentration on the basket by the best shooters. When someone just throws the ball in the general direction of the basket, that’s ridiculous. To finish your shots, keep your eyes where you want the ball to go. For outside shots, stare at the basket, add some arc to the ball, and jump. Treat free throws like an actual shot, in other words, add arc and don’t stand flat footed, give a little jump. I used to practice how high I could shoot the ball and it still go in the basket, that was fun. Gotta love to shoot to be a good shooter, not just taught.

Anyway, as most of us know, our team hasn’t had a chance to practice how to run our Offense, since Rae went out in the first game. We need plays to get people open, and practice to get the ball to Tamari, and fast break practice as well. We need players to know where they should be on the floor. This practice on Offense when Rae is not there should help everyone’s confidence.

So, shoot with confidence, and GO LADY VOLS!!!

It`s all about the match up who matches up well against them. Player for Player and Position against Position. Can they lose a SEC game sure if you catch any team at the right time you have a shot.
So, how many SEC games do you think they will lose this season ?

They lost a couple and the regular season championship last year. They were a really good team so i agree with this. But there are those on this board that said they would run the table and it didn't happen. I am glad they are confident in their team.... they should be.

However, like you said any team can be beaten on any given day/night. Everybody knows that i would think. Except that disgusting SC fan who made light of Pat's disease oh and called EVERY player on our team midmajor players except Burrell🙄

Except that disgusting SC fan who made light of Pat's disease oh and called EVERY player on our team midmajor players except Burrell🙄

lol I saw that too but want going to entertain his delusions lol SC fans saying Kellie can’t recruit did they forget we beat them just last season with our mid major players????

Last edited:
They lost a couple and the regular season championship last year. They were a really good team so i agree with this. But there are those on this board that said they would run the table and it didn't happen. I am glad they are confident in their team.... they should be.

However, like you said any team can be beaten on any given day/night. Everybody knows that i would think. Except that disgusting SC fan who made light of Pat's disease oh and called EVERY player on our team midmajor players except Burrell🙄

The SC fan that said that in light Pat's disease needs to be shown the door right now. 🤬 whoever that SC fan is a clown, As i said sure they can be beat. I think Miss State can match them in the backcourt they have very good guards but would get hammered by SC frontcourt.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
lol I saw that too but want going to entertain his delusions lol SC fans saying Kellie can’t recruit did they forget we beat them just last season with our mid major players????

Right... Shade is one thing but complete and utter disrespect? Karmas a b**** so some people better stop playing with it LOL . I almost said something else but i'll stop there 😁

The SC fan that said that in light Pat's disease needs to be shown the door right now. 🤬 whoever that SC fan is a clown, As i said sure they can be beat. I think Miss State can match them in the backcourt they have very good guards but would get hammered by SC frontcourt.
I think it was someone on twitter, not on Volnation

And to think USF was the second best team in that lame conference. 118-0, and bragging about beating up on the cupcakes by 40-50 most nights. Let's make one thing clear here, if Uconn played in a real P5 conference like a PAC, SEC, B10 or even an ACC or B12, that's 20+games per year under different circumstances.
More minutes from starters during regular season. More quality teams that can compete, likely more injuries and more hostile environments. Better competition.
I get Uconn schedules 3-4 quality opponents per year, and always has. But its a whole different thing to get up for 3-4 games than to have to bring it 12-15 times every season. Where does 12-15 come from? Well, schools in P5 conferences schedule difficult games OOC as well, and just as an example, SC this year had NCSU, Stanford, Conn, Md and Duke (watch them this year). Add those 5 to the expected 8-10 conference games that will be legit battles and we aren't talking about only having to be up and "ready" for 3-4 games a year prior to tournaments, and don't get me started on your conference tournament, no competition once again.
Sure Uconn is always one of the best teams in the country. But I think MSU, SC, ARK and AZ have shown them recently what would happen when you play P5 teams on a consistent basis, esp on their home courts....you lose some of them ala Ark last year and at SC 2 years ago. You had to fight tooth and nails @ Tenn last year as well.
I see you haven't started therapy yet. Please do. I am sure you'll feel a lot better after you get UConn out of your head.

BTW did you see our banner for the 111 game win streak?
Oh, that's right we don't have one.

In a normal year we have 7 teams in. I recall times where it was more than that. Surely you’re not insinuating the Big East will have more than 5 teams in?
Big East not sure they will have 2 tbh, maybe Marquette whom UConn beat 73-39 last they played in March lol

The SEC usually sends around 7, same as it ever was. Keep playing the sisters of the poor and yawning, ya’ll seem to enjoy yawns.
Nope just wondering why you have to come to a Tennessee board to try to tear UConn down. Anyway aren't you supposed to polishing the statue today?

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

VN Store

Back