Tennessee Lady Vol News

Speaking of NIL, I'm excited for the athletes because over the years there have been many Lady Vols who very much could have used some extra money to make their campus lives so much easier/happier. As one would expect, there is often a great deal of financial disparity among the families of players, and over the years I've known of several Lady Vols who have struggled greatly to ever even get to go have a cheap burger with friends, while others drove around campus in their expensive cars and regularly had fun shopping for the latest fashions, eating out as often as they wanted, going fun places off campus, etc. Not having any spending money these days, I think, is even more difficult than it was back when I was a kid.

So in my mind, these NILs will help some of these kids who aren't coming to campus with flush bank accounts funded by affluent parents/grandparents, and it gives us fans an opportunity to show how much we appreciate all the joy they give US by throwing a little spending money their way through buying a t-shirt or socks or photo or whatever else they might be offering in the future.

I used to long to be able to send birthday cards with cash in them to some of the kids I knew were struggling and being left out of certain things because they couldn't afford to participate, but because I knew that was an NCAA no-no, that wasn't something I could do. But I'll soon be able to help some of these kids out, and I cannot wait to do it.

Last edited:
P.S. on the NIL: And if there are players I suspect would be particularly appreciative of getting some much-needed spending money, you better BELIEVE I'll be doing my Christmas shopping on their pages. My family and friends may as well go ahead and get used to the idea of receiving NIL-sourced gifts from now on. :p

That said, I will not be discontinuing the regular much-needed support of the great ladies at Orange Mountain Designs. They have been so very supportive of the Lady Vols over the years, so we should all still continue to give back to them as well. :)

P.S. on the NIL: And if there are players I suspect would be particularly appreciative of getting some much-needed spending money, you better BELIEVE I'll be doing my Christmas shopping on their pages. My family and friends may as well go ahead and get used to the idea of receiving NIL-sourced gifts from now on. :p

That said, I will not be discontinuing the regular much-needed support of the great ladies at Orange Mountain Designs. They have been so very supportive of the Lady Vols over the years, so we should all still continue to give back to them as well. :)

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Emily doesn't need to do a lot. Defend, protect the rim, rebound.
Completely agree. If she can get up and down the floor, get a couple of easy lay ups in each half and a couple of put backs, she can definitely be serviceable and avg between 6-8 a game. For her first real season getting some playing time, that would be huge.

The South Florida game was good scheduling. They are a great team to play if you’re preparing for UCONN later. Being in the AAC with them for so long they picked up some of their tricks.

Fernandez is a good coach and gave Geno all he could handle on several occasions. I gave them a hard time about their ranking last season, did feel they were over ranked. Hindsight, they were without the coach for a large portion of the season and had massive COVID scheduling issues. It was difficult to actually decide where they should fall in the rankings when they didn’t play for 6 weeks in the middle of the season.

With Texas and Oklahoma coming in saying it will be confirmed within a week I wonder how they are going to align the conferences. I think it should be West LSU, Texas A&M. Oklahoma, Missouri, Arkansas, Miss St, Ole Miss, Texas

East Tennessee, Sc, Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Auburn, Alabama

I think there also may be an increase in conference games to 18. Vince back in the SEC.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Forget East and West, there needs to be a 4-team pod/division system like you see in professional leagues. You play the 3 teams in your pod/division 2-3 times and play the rest of the conference once.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Pods: East: Gaders, Mad Dogs, Cocks, UT
MidEast: Bammers, Auburn Tree Killers, Commoders, Blue Meanies
MidWest: Fightin Kiffins, Cow Bells, Lousy-ana St, Pigs
West: Horns, Aggies, Okies, MizSue

Reactions: FabSmokyVol
Which 2021 Freshman do you think will have the best season for the Lady Vols next year. I have watched quite a lot of video of all of them over the past year and it was a tough decision for me to choose between two players Sarah Puckett and Kaiya Wynn. I finally am going with Puckett because of her all around game. I think all three of Puckett, Wynn and Striplin will be big contributors and Miles a little less as a freshman, but I'm going with Puckett as the one that has the best season.

VN Store

Back