Tennessee Lady Vol News

Would love to be a fly on the wall for these practices!
Is Miles as fast as advertised? Is Wynn day one the best athlete on the team. Are Puckett and Striplin the shooters we hope for? How’s the knee? Are Horston and Key taking on Leadership roles? How is Dye fitting in? How does Tess look without shin splints? Is she able to keep her teammates in front of her? Where is Kellie playing Marta. Is Jordan’s knee totally healed? How is that impacting her ability to command the floor?
These and about a hundred other questions.

Would love as like football we could have an orange white intrasquad game. It wouldn't have to be an entire game could be four 8 minute quarters like high school. Here is how I would divide the teams up.

Orange Team

Key
Suarez
Darby
Horston
Puckett
Walker
Wynn

White Team

Burrell
Striplin
Miles
Rennie
Dye
Saunders
Green

I think this would be a fairly even game and a lot of fun for fans.

Would love as like football we could have an orange white intrasquad game. It wouldn't have to be an entire game could be four 8 minute quarters like high school. Here is how I would divide the teams up.

Orange Team

Key
Suarez
Darby
Horston
Puckett
Walker
Wynn

White Team

Burrell
Striplin
Miles
Rennie
Dye
Saunders
Green

The white team will need to score most of there points outside because of Key, So That takes the fun out of game right there.

Wow! My leadership conference was held in downtown Memphis, 3rd most dangerous city in America. Great BBQ though.

Is Jessie's legs more muscular this season?

LOL on your Memphis conference. As for Jessie, looks to me like the camera was set on wide angle to get everyone in the photo, making her legs look bigger than they are. It's like that photo of the "Giant Bidens" with the "Tiny Carters" that made the rounds on the internet recently.

Reactions: Rickster

Orange Team

Key
Suarez
Darby
Horston
Puckett
Walker
Wynn

White Team

Burrell
Striplin
Miles
Rennie
Dye
Saunders
Green

Would love to see Orange/White game, but looks like Orange team has the advantage, only 3 of the White team will see significant minutes this season, where I believe all the Orange team will get minutes, just my opinion. GLV!

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
The white team will need to score most of there points outside because of Key, So That takes the fun out of game right there.
That would be fine if Key could be that dominant. The fact that Dye, Saunders, Green, and Burrell can all score inside on almost anybody would make that most improbable that she would shut them totally down. I would be all for Key being able to shut them all down that would be encouraging.

Would love to see Orange/White game, but looks like Orange team has the advantage, only 3 of the White team will see significant minutes this season, where I believe all the Orange team will get minutes, just my opinion. GLV!
Burrell, Striplin, Miles, Dye, and Green will all play significant minutes. On the Orange Key, Suarez, Horston, Puckett, Walker and Wynn will play, Burrell, Dye, and maybe Green could be starters from the White. Key, Horston, and maybe Walker probable starter from the Orange.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Burrell, Striplin, Miles, Dye, and Green will all play significant minutes. On the Orange Key, Suarez, Horston, Puckett, Walker and Wynn will play, Burrell, Dye, and maybe Green could be starters from the White. Key, Horston, and maybe Walker probable starter from the Orange.
Where we differ in opinion, I believe we’ll see Tess play significant minutes, but not Miles, a Freshman, or Green, who hasn’t played in a long time due to injury. We’ll see. 🙂

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Where we differ in opinion, I believe we’ll see Tess play significant minutes, but not Miles, a Freshman, or Green, who hasn’t played in a long time due to injury. We’ll see. 🙂

I think you're probably right but Miles may see more minutes early in the season as Kellie develops some depth at PG. Green is a wild card. I think she is there for situational work vs being a starter but she's also working on her PhD and I wonder if the bean counters are okay with shelling out that much mulah for a situational player. I can see Green starting the season but Dye and Striplin are going to earn a lot of minutes and one will probably nail down that starting role. I don't think a power 4 is crucial to Kellies offense anyway. Rebounding will be important but the ability to score on the move (and hit wide open shots) is what I think Kellie is trying to develop hence, one (blossoming) big and a bunch of talent running around in a motion offense.

Last edited:
I think you're probably right but Miles may see more minutes early in the season as Kellie develops some depth at PG. Green is a wild card. I think she is there for situational work vs being a starter but she's also working on her PhD and I wonder if the bean counters are okay with shelling out that much mulah for a situational player. I can see Green starting the season but Dye and Stricklin are going to earn a lot of minutes and one will probably nail down that starting role. I don't think a power 4 is crucial to Kellies offense anyway. Rebounding will be important but the ability to score on the move (and hit wide open shots) is what I think Kellie is trying to develop hence, one (blossoming) big and a bunch of talent running around in a motion offense.
Oh yes, agree about Miles and Green. Kellie plays everyone at the beginning of the season, but narrows it down when the tougher games come around. I don’t know when Green will be ready to play, but Alexus Dye was impressive all last year, I think she’ll start, with Striplin coming on strong.

I bet Striplin would be up for a go against the Orange bigs.

Striplin is my GIRL! Even though she’s “only” — ha! — 6’3”, she’s more built for strength than any player we’ve had in decades, andI believe she will be one of those kids who will put in the work to maximize her strengths. By the end of this season, and certainly by the end of her sophomore season, I can see Striplin being the kind of fierce rebounder that will NEVER have the ball snatched out of her hands. She’ll be too strong for that.

Another nice, short clip. I saw a number of players finish left-handed layups which is great. Also, in both practice clips that have been posted, I’ve seen good stuff from Kaiya Wynn. Excited to watch her play!

You have to make sure they aren't shooting in selfie-mode,,,if they are you get a reverse image on your clips

VN Store

Back