Tennessee Lady Vol News

I certainly hope you are right and we see 10,000-plus fans at home games, but I have say I'm still worried attendance won't bounce back quite that quickly.

As I mentioned last year, my main concern is that, for many, the spell that was cast over fans 20-plus years ago (and for some, much longer) that compelled them to attend every home game was sadly broken by the pandemic. I fear that now that many of those longtime fans came to realize that the world wouldn't end if they missed a game at TBA that they got too used to watching the games on TV and will not feel as duty-bound to drive to Knoxville.

I say this from personal experience. For many years I rarely missed a home game even though I had to drive 90 minutes each way, and that was because I felt a tremendous pull to be there unless I was ill. I would often say on Saturday, "Ya know, I think I'll just watch it on TV tomorrow. I'm so tired this week, and I don't feel like making the drive." But then Sunday morning it would hit me like a ton of bricks the feeling that my life would somehow be thrown permanently off balance if I missed a home game when I was perfectly healthy and capable of driving. LOL So I'd get in my car and go, and NEVER, in all the seasons I've been a fan, have I ever regretted going.

But now that the spell is broken, I'm not sure what's going to happen in my mind come Sunday mornings. I will always WANT to go, of course. But will I still feel supernaturally compelled to go? That remains to be seen. :oops:
pro sports bounced back quickly

The UConn women's basketball team has scheduled two future games against Tennessee as the two most storied programs in women's college basketball announced a home-and-home series Friday.
The Huskies will host the Lady Vols in 2021-22. UConn will travel to Tennessee in 2022-23. Maybe this year there will be some Fans there:)

I certainly hope you are right and we see 10,000-plus fans at home games, but I have say I'm still worried attendance won't bounce back quite that quickly.

As I mentioned last year, my main concern is that, for many, the spell that was cast over fans 20-plus years ago (and for some, much longer) that compelled them to attend every home game was sadly broken by the pandemic. I fear that now that many of those longtime fans came to realize that the world wouldn't end if they missed a game at TBA that they got too used to watching the games on TV and will not feel as duty-bound to drive to Knoxville.

I say this from personal experience. For many years I rarely missed a home game even though I had to drive 90 minutes each way, and that was because I felt a tremendous pull to be there unless I was ill. I would often say on Saturday, "Ya know, I think I'll just watch it on TV tomorrow. I'm so tired this week, and I don't feel like making the drive." But then Sunday morning it would hit me like a ton of bricks the feeling that my life would somehow be thrown permanently off balance if I missed a home game when I was perfectly healthy and capable of driving. LOL So I'd get in my car and go, and NEVER, in all the seasons I've been a fan, have I ever regretted going.

But now that the spell is broken, I'm not sure what's going to happen in my mind come Sunday mornings. I will always WANT to go, of course. But will I still feel supernaturally compelled to go? That remains to be seen. :oops:

Well, I know you’re a longtime loyal fan, so that’s your decision to make, and I’m guessing some games will be irresistible to come see in person, but just like the men’s baseball team had almost 4000 people at their game last night who saw one of the most exciting Tennessee wins ever, Kellie’s teams will be facing and winning against extreme competition in and out of the SEC, and Tennessee fans, old and young, will come to cheer them. GO LADY VOLS!!!

pro sports bounced back quickly

Yes, and I was happy to see that. But as a longttime Lady Vol fan, I can tell you the audiences for the Lady Vols and pro sports are likely different. The average age of the typical Lady Vol loyalist is probably quite a bit higher, and it already seemed — even before the pandemic — that the aging LV fanship had dropped off quite a bit.

I expect to see crowds of 7,000 this first season back for most games, with a game or two reaching 10,000-plus. Those would, IMO, be a fantastic result THIS season, and would have high hopes for those figures to rise the following season.

Hey, I hope I’m wrong and we routinely have 14,000-plus butts in seats. Our team deserves that level of support and I think they’ll prove it with some huge wins this year. These are exciting times!

IMHO, They haven't been promoting attendance as much as they did a few years back before Hart cut their promotions budget and it still hasn't returned to pre-Hart levels.

Yes, and I was happy to see that. But as a longttime Lady Vol fan, I can tell you the audiences for the Lady Vols and pro sports are likely different. The average age of the typical Lady Vol loyalist is probably quite a bit higher, and it already seemed — even before the pandemic — that the aging LV fanship had dropped off quite a bit.

I expect to see crowds of 7,000 this first season back for most games, with a game or two reaching 10,000-plus. Those would, IMO, be a fantastic result THIS season, and would have high hopes for those figures to rise the following season.

Hey, I hope I’m wrong and we routinely have 14,000-plus butts in seats. Our team deserves that level of support and I think they’ll prove it with some huge wins this year. These are exciting times!

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
How athletic, meaning quickness and mobility, is she?

When I saw her she wasn't as tone as she was at the end of the HS season and she still impacted the game nearly as much. She is much more fluid right now. What sets her apart is her BB IQ, she can anticipate on quicker and taller players. This I have already seen. She matched up with 2 different 6'6" posts and outplayed both of them....granted the collegiate posts will be wiser and ready for Karo, but I think she will surprise more than will surprise her.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl

VN Store

Back