Tennessee Lady Vol News

Kellie’s little boy reminds me a lot of Tyler S. back in the day. Adored his “big sisters”. Hopefully he will be a better man than Tyler.
he said he wants to be a coach too in a Mothers Day interview he specific words were "I want to be a basketball coach like you [Kellie] but my own version"

View attachment 371474I didn't recognize Jordan at first and Yes Marta is way lighter. Those three on the end could be a dynamic trio Horston, Burrell, and Dye,
Same here, exactly. Wow Marta! A very good sign. I also had a hard time finding JH, but when I did, wow again! Her physical development since her arrival has been stunning. She looks fabulous physically. Every freaking reason to succeed. Dye is so similar to Jordan in body type and almost exactly the same height. I believe they will make each other better in practice. I also thought what a dynamic set of scorers those three, Horston, Rae and Dye, could/should be.

So Jordan Walker got a clone! Hope the new one is as tough as the original. I didn't realize Striplin had as much size as she does. I have high hopes for her.

The lil Harpers are so cute, the little boy looks just like Kelly. He's really grown alot too over the last year.

Yeah I saw those photos on IG and thought the same. Marta looks thinner and I don’t see signs of a boot situation. Key looks “bigger” and her thighs/legs look a little thicker(go girl). Horston is 1) gorgeous and 2) such a physical specimen as is Dye. Karoline’s shoulders sit higher than Sara’s, I think she’s taller.

I’m really excited for next season. We will miss Davis for sure but I have a feeling we’ll be very good if not better than last year.

Marta will learn from this season and build upon was was a very good freshman season. Jordan Walker will be much more comfortable taking the lead with this team in her second season and hopefully she’s shooting the 3 a ton during the summer. With improved chemistry there should be fewer turnovers. Offensively look for Dye, Burrell, and Horston to put in work. Look for Key to improve defensively and my hope is an average of(or near) a double double.

This team should easily be able to go 7-8 deep with the consistent rotation while still offering development opportunities.

Marta no longer being in a boot is a good sign. Thought she could’ve really helped us down the stretch last season. I’m remembering some big moments she had in the UConn game.

I think the combination of players we have will allow us to score in a variety of ways which is exciting. If Kellie and staff can elevate the players’ offensive capabilities, we could make some serious noise.

Love the photo by the pool. Everyone looks so relaxed and happy. And just look at how adorable Emily looks with those pigtails! Such a sweet image.
I guess it was to cool for anyone to actually get in the pool ..

I'll bet this group will be fun for KJH. This is finally her team, the players she's chosen. Am I correct that only Rae ever played for Holly?
Rae played for Holly but still some holdovers Jordan Horston,TK,Emily,&Jessie are still Holly's recruit

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Going to be great to see some games with full capacity next season. I'm looking for the Lady Vols to draw over 10 thousand a game next season. Some games less some games a lot more. Looking forward to the schedule should be out in a couple months. I think in the SEC we'll have LSU. Alabama, Texas A&M, Missouri, and probably home and home with Vandy. Had a home and home with Kentucky and Georgia last season so that may change. For sure on the road at SC, Ole Miss, Auburn, and Arkansas. This will be Kellie's best Tennessee team since she has been here. I think we'll also have the best SEC as a league since she has been here.

Yes they are still Holly's recruits but Rae is the only one left who actually was coached in a game by Holly.

Agree with Holly getting commitments but all of these recruits could have left the program if they wanted to ! Because of the coaching change they had to be recruited all over again.
We lost MiMi because Holly got fired and she went closer to home to play ball . And then the Evina fiasco! But Kellie did a good job of keeping the freshmen recruits on board .
Originally Holly but Kellie had to recruit them all over again! Just my opinion.

Were playing them again next season and the next. Players that want to be involved come to Lady Vols 2022

the-office-eye-roll-GIF-source.gif

Going to be great to see some games with full capacity next season. I'm looking for the Lady Vols to draw over 10 thousand a game next season. Some games less some games a lot more. Looking forward to the schedule should be out in a couple months. I think in the SEC we'll have LSU. Alabama, Texas A&M, Missouri, and probably home and home with Vandy. Had a home and home with Kentucky and Georgia last season so that may change. For sure on the road at SC, Ole Miss, Auburn, and Arkansas. This will be Kellie's best Tennessee team since she has been here. I think we'll also have the best SEC as a league since she has been here.

I certainly hope you are right and we see 10,000-plus fans at home games, but I have say I'm still worried attendance won't bounce back quite that quickly.

As I mentioned last year, my main concern is that, for many, the spell that was cast over fans 20-plus years ago (and for some, much longer) that compelled them to attend every home game was sadly broken by the pandemic. I fear that now that many of those longtime fans came to realize that the world wouldn't end if they missed a game at TBA that they got too used to watching the games on TV and will not feel as duty-bound to drive to Knoxville.

I say this from personal experience. For many years I rarely missed a home game even though I had to drive 90 minutes each way, and that was because I felt a tremendous pull to be there unless I was ill. I would often say on Saturday, "Ya know, I think I'll just watch it on TV tomorrow. I'm so tired this week, and I don't feel like making the drive." But then Sunday morning it would hit me like a ton of bricks the feeling that my life would somehow be thrown permanently off balance if I missed a home game when I was perfectly healthy and capable of driving. LOL So I'd get in my car and go, and NEVER, in all the seasons I've been a fan, have I ever regretted going.

But now that the spell is broken, I'm not sure what's going to happen in my mind come Sunday mornings. I will always WANT to go, of course. But will I still feel supernaturally compelled to go? That remains to be seen. :oops:

VN Store

Back