Tennessee Lady Vol News

Massey's got that glitch in the matrix putting UNC anywhere close to the top 20 much less the top 5

Lmao yes. North Carolina has played absolutely nobody.

They aren’t playing any quality teams in their non-con. Zero ranked opponents outside of conference play. This is year three for their coach as well. Many wanted her in Knoxville, not impressed with their scheduling this season. They’re going to get their butt handed to them in the ACC. No interior game and not very athletic on the perimeter after their injuries.

19 undefeated teams left in the country and we are one of them. More upsets happened today. #18 Ohio State and #22 FCGU picked up their first losses of the season to unranked teams today and #18 Oregon lost to UC Davis of all teams smh...Go Lady Vols! Seems to be A Lot of parity this year with the Super Seniors staying an extra year, especially with some of these mid-majors.

Key currently stands at 186 blocks. The all time Tennessee leader is Candace Parker with 275. Key needs 90 blocks to become number one shot blocker. You can figure if she stays healthy she has about 60 more games to play which would mean she needs 1.5 per game to break the record. She currently is averaging 4.0 per game this season in first seven games.

Key currently stands at 186 blocks. The all time Tennessee leader is Candace Parker with 275. Key needs 90 blocks to become number one shot blocker. You can figure if she stays healthy she has about 60 more games to play which would mean she needs 1.5 per game to break the record. She currently is averaging 4.0 per game this season in first seven games.

She could get very close to Candace or pass her this season. Candace did hers in 3 years as well. Actually didn’t realize she was our all time leader in blocked shots until it was mentioned recently.

One of the things I loved about her most. She was a great paint protector on defense. She’s like Tamari too, she enjoys blocking people. Gets a little thrill out of it.

Last edited:
She could get very close to Candace or pass her this season. Candace did hers in 3 years as well. Actually didn’t realize she was out all time leader in blocked shots until it was mentioned recently.

One of the things I loved about her most. She was a great paint protector on defense. She’s like Tamari too, she enjoys blocking people. Gets a little thrill out of it.
Four blocks per game would get her around 300 by the end of the season. We'll see if she can maintain that average.

Would imagine it’ll drop a bit but I’m not so certain. We’ve been playing pretty good competition already so far and she’s been pretty consistent.
She holds about a three a game through out her career thus far. I would at least expect her to continue that which would probably put her and Candace very close by seasons end.

Where are all those posters who said Tennessee would never, ever have any success again? They were so 100% certain that hiring Kellie was the biggest mistake that could have been made, and actually ridiculed anyone who implored them to give her a chance.

Now, that's not to say Tennessee is back to its former prime position as a perennial Final Four contender, but there definitely HAS been steady improvement since she arrived -- something those perpetual pessimists said would never happen.

Wonder why they can't come on here now and admit they were wrong? What they'll do instead is move the goal posts -- again. A real and genuine and loving supporter of the Lady Vols should be over-the-moon happy for ANY improvements, frankly. But the way I see it, the improvement in culture and attitude and confidence and public perception has been among the most impressive of any fast-tracked program transformations in a very long time.

And yes, I *do* love seeing a #1 by Tennessee again. And no, Dirge_Ball, being #1 in RPI isn't the end-all-be-all indicator of greatness by any stretch of the imagination. But even you, Dirt_Bag, have to admit that it DOES indicate a level of success on the part of the staff for scheduling and, at least so far, winning some games many thought they'd lose. If that's not a worthy thing to actually praise for a change, then you aren't actually a person who loves the Lady Vols and wants them to succeed.

Where are all those posters who said Tennessee would never, ever have any success again? They were so 100% certain that hiring Kellie was the biggest mistake that could have been made, and actually ridiculed anyone who implored them to give her a chance.

Now, that's not to say Tennessee is back to its former prime position as a perennial Final Four contender, but there definitely HAS been steady improvement since she arrived -- something those perpetual pessimists said would never happen.

Wonder why they can't come on here now and admit they were wrong? What they'll do instead is move the goal posts -- again. A real and genuine and loving supporter of the Lady Vols should be over-the-moon happy for ANY improvements, frankly. But the way I see it, the improvement in culture and attitude and confidence and public perception has been among the most impressive of any fast-tracked program transformations in a very long time.

And yes, I *do* love seeing a #1 by Tennessee again. And no, Dirge_Ball, being #1 in RPI isn't the end-all-be-all indicator of greatness by any stretch of the imagination. But even you, Dirt_Bag, have to admit that it DOES indicate a level of success on the part of the staff for scheduling and, at least so far, winning some games many thought they'd lose. If that's not a worthy thing to actually praise for a change, then you aren't actually a person who loves the Lady Vols and wants them to succeed.

7-0 Baby!

Go Lady Vols

She could get very close to Candace or pass her this season. Candace did hers in 3 years as well. Actually didn’t realize she was our all time leader in blocked shots until it was mentioned recently.

Considering Keys first two seasons were both Shortened; the second one very shortened, we should give her that fourth year to become the number 1 shot-blocker

VN Store

Back