Tennessee Lady Vol News

And to think USF was the second best team in that lame conference. 118-0, and bragging about beating up on the cupcakes by 40-50 most nights. Let's make one thing clear here, if Uconn played in a real P5 conference like a PAC, SEC, B10 or even an ACC or B12, that's 20+games per year under different circumstances.
More minutes from starters during regular season. More quality teams that can compete, likely more injuries and more hostile environments. Better competition.
I get Uconn schedules 3-4 quality opponents per year, and always has. But its a whole different thing to get up for 3-4 games than to have to bring it 12-15 times every season. Where does 12-15 come from? Well, schools in P5 conferences schedule difficult games OOC as well, and just as an example, SC this year had NCSU, Stanford, Conn, Md and Duke (watch them this year). Add those 5 to the expected 8-10 conference games that will be legit battles and we aren't talking about only having to be up and "ready" for 3-4 games a year prior to tournaments, and don't get me started on your conference tournament, no competition once again, outside of UConn , prob no NCAA tourney teams in the BE.
Sure Uconn is always one of the best teams in the country. But I think MSU, SC, ARK and AZ have shown them recently what would happen when you play P5 teams on a consistent basis, esp on their home courts....you lose some of them ala Ark last year and at SC 2 years ago. You had to fight tooth and nails @ Tenn last year as well.
I was replying to a post that said UConn's defense wasn't as good as Tennessee's due to the 49 points that Tennessee gave up to USF. Just pointing out that UConn was even tougher over the last 10 game.

But carry on. You seem to have a stick up your butt about UConn.

I was replying to a post that said UConn's defense wasn't as good as Tennessee's due to the 49 points that Tennessee gave up to USF. Just pointing out that UConn was even tougher over the last 10 game.

But carry on. You seem to have a stick up your butt about UConn.
That was me. And I don't think that Arkansas can hang 80 on Tennessee. Maybe they can still win anyway scoring 65, but Tennessee's defense is better than UConn's at this stage.

That was me. And I don't think that Arkansas can hang 80 on Tennessee. Maybe they can still win anyway scoring 65, but Tennessee's defense is better than UConn's at this stage.

Arkansas's offense is so much better than who Tennessee has played so far. We will find out, but you said the key phrase. At this time.

I can tell you that none of the three teams that Tennessee played would score more than 50 on this UConn defense.

Arkansas's offense is so much better than who Tennessee has played so far. We will find out, but you said the key phrase. At this time.

I can tell you that none of the three teams that Tennessee played would score more than 50 on this UConn defense.
C’mon on, tell us how you really feel

And yet a better Arkansas offense hung 90 points vs. UConn last season in a win vs. 73 against Tennessee in a loss 🤔.

How's Rutgers doing, btw? Funny how you only talk about UConn in the "NonLV Thread" 🧐. Careful, or you'll blow your cover...

At this point, you fail to recognize the two most important stats. First, the LVs are undefeated, 3-0. Second, the LVs opponents are averaging only 46 p.g., while the LVs are averaging 53 p.g. I believe as the season progresses the offense will pick up and the tough defense will maintain. When that happens, this team will be tough for any upcoming opponent.

Hope so...

UConn's defense sucks. Geno was furious. Someone asked what he thought about defense. His reply, "What defense? I think we lost it somewhere out on I-84" I was appalled at the Arkansas game. I was hoping to beat them by 30. Seeing as how we only played offense and beat them by 15, I was probably right.

Need Orange, refresh me, are you the Syracuse fan that posts here? No offense, but who the hell are you again?
I am a big UConn fan and a UT supporter. I chose my name because I think WCBB needs a strong Lady Vol Program. I also have started to post on VandyMania for obvious reasons. I also am a reader on McGraws Bench and on Sic'em. I used to be on Cocky Talk but that crashed. I am a big Pat supporter and want to beat the heck out of any orange uniform (UT, Syracuse, or Clemson. Texas really isn't orange) when they play UConn.

I was raised in Connecticut by an Alabama man and say yes sir and no Ma'am. I went to school in Alabama and live in South Carolina. I can go on but I know its getting boring. I did play international level and some college before surgery shortened my career.

Arkansas' offense was better than most teams Tennessee saw last year too. You see how that turned out. A game plan was developed and Tennessee took away just enough of what Arkansas wanted to do to win the game. I would say Arkansas was a much better team a year ago than they are this year at this point anyhow.

I am a big UConn fan and a UT supporter. I chose my name because I think WCBB needs a strong Lady Vol Program. I also have started to post on VandyMania for obvious reasons. I also am a reader on McGraws Bench and on Sic'em. I used to be on Cocky Talk but that crashed. I am a big Pat supporter and want to beat the heck out of any orange uniform (UT, Syracuse, or Clemson. Texas really isn't orange) when they play UConn.

I was raised in Connecticut by an Alabama man and say yes sir and no Ma'am. I went to school in Alabama and live in South Carolina. I can go on but I know its getting boring. I did play international level and some college before surgery shortened my career.

Need I really hope you continue to post here! I enjoy your post, and please don’t let old, grumpy, wanna be moderators, police your post and discourage you from posting because you’re a fan of another team! You’re one of the respectful visitors and I can appreciate that!

Need I really hope you continue to post here! I enjoy your post, and please don’t let old, grumpy, wanna be moderators, police your post and discourage you from posting because you’re a fan of another team! You’re one of the respectful visitors and I can appreciate that!
Thank you. No I wasn't thinking of leaving. I like it here. Sometimes it's a bit sassy but I just chalk that up to a fan's passion for their team.

Tennessee 44 percent on all other field goal attempts other than three point attempts. I don't see free throw shooting getting better until Burrell returns and Puckett starts getting fouled more. Lifetime stats on players shooting most of the free throws thus far are Key 58 percent, Green 48 percent, Walker 59 percent, Dye 63 percent, and Horston 70 percent. Unless you've worked hard on your free throws during the summer you don't get better than you were the previous seasons. To this point I can't see where any of these players have done that.

Boring would actually be a step up

Last edited:

VN Store

Back