Tennessee Lady Vol News

I can tell you that Terri volunteers her time ($0 salary). The only employee that I'm aware of is Keyen Green. I donate monthly, which goes into the general fund, but have also have had dinners with the players and donate an appearance fee to LVBHC, which goes directly to the athletes involved. I have also had my business sponsor a couple of players for a public appearance.

Based on what I've seen this year, there's no 'fat' in their administrative costs.
I have zero question about administrative cost. I imagine Terri takes a big loss on OMD. I really appreciate what she does. I just wish they would communicate how the whole thing works more clearly, especially the general fund. If they're not paying athletes directly out of it, and business people like you pay for appearances, commercials, etc, what do donations to the general fund go for? I'm not suspicious of anything fishy at all, just trying to understand.

Thanks for what you do Earl!

I'm aware of certain donations that have given a fixed amount and allocated percentages to specific sports.

Terri has partnered OMD with Alumni Hall and is now devoting most of her time to the LVBHC.

I have zero question about administrative cost. I imagine Terri takes a big loss on OMD. I really appreciate what she does. I just wish they would communicate how the whole thing works more clearly, especially the general fund. If they're not paying athletes directly out of it, and business people like you pay for appearances, commercials, etc, what do donations to the general fund go for? I'm not suspicious of anything fishy at all, just trying to understand.

Thanks for what you do Earl!

But not for direct payment to athletes is my understanding. That's where I get stuck every time.

Thanks again for all you do.

Yes, you can do that as well, but it would require some specific task, like a dinner. My wife and I had dinner with only Rickea a couple of weeks ago. Really enjoyed visiting with her, she's as good a person as she is a basketball player.

Definitely for players...recruits are another thing, though.

Make sure that you listen to the Erik Ainge Show tomorrow. Terri and the players are on at 11.

Can direct donations toward certain athletes or recruits? I thought I understood the other day that is not possible. I'll def get clarification tomorrow.

Great question! I learned from my mom when people call and ask for a donation to ask how much is actually going to the cause. They are legally obligated to tell you because some of these people say so oh 25-30 % of our proceeds go to ... so always good to ask.
That was my concern too. However, the link provided earlier gives a break down and it 85% NIL and 15% administrative, which isn't bad. It is important to know that it doesn't count as a charitable contribution, so no tax deduction.

In my mind it works like this. Since direct donations to certain athletes is considered "pay for play" and illegal, I think the BHC collective gets around that by being set up and run as a business entity -- a business that exists solely to pay players to represent the business's interests, and the business's "product" is raised funds.

Like a car dealership might pay an athlete to push its product -- cars -- the BHC pays players to push ITS product: the ability to raise funds.

🤪

Reactions: chuckiepoo
You get all kinds of inside info when you join the Lady Vol Boost-Her Club.

Now, Rickea really loves her coaches, teammates, the LV fans and the whole environment here, but the NIL deals that she can put together to build her brand and transcend sports was a big factor, too.

You'll be seeing a lot more of Rickea in the future, she's a natural talent both on the court and in the media.

I can't/won't say much about her decision, but her mind was made up after the SEC tournament. It was a great Lady Vol environment for both her and her mother! (Her mother is a very important part of her life...and a great lady)

EarlVolFan, my brother! Whatever you said to her man, however much you spent, we thank you!

Did you know? I know you strongly suspected, you left a breadcrumb trail around here.

Now, how about Jordy?
Don’t out Earl.. 🤣

You get all kinds of inside info when you join the Lady Vol Boost-Her Club.

Now, Rickea really loves her coaches, teammates, the LV fans and the whole environment here, but the NIL deals that she can put together to build her brand and transcend sports was a big factor, too.

You'll be seeing a lot more of Rickea in the future, she's a natural talent both on the court and in the media.

I can't/won't say much about her decision, but her mind was made up after the SEC tournament. It was a great Lady Vol environment for both her and her mother! (Her mother is a very important part of her life...and a great lady)

The Lady Vol brand is huge in the sports world both on the collegiate and pro level. Rickea J and Tamari Key can both take WCBB to another level next season as teammates. I think the SEC/NCAA tournaments are just the first step in the beginning of something special happening on Rocky Top.

Tough between Parker and Catch. Can't teach desire,and Catch had that!

Yes, but remember, Parker is the one who played on for several seconds with her shoulder literally out of its socket, went off for a bit to have it popped back into place, then re-entered the game she helped us eventually win. Her shoulder did this twice! 😲

So I assume this is the best spot to ask this or mention it, but do we think this year's lack of recruiting had something to do with the returning players?

I mean if Jackson (a projected top 10 pick) is willing to return you have to think there is a good NIL in place to be attractive enough to keep high picks from leaving for the WNBA.

Do we think Horston returns too?

Reactions: VolBall09

VN Store

Back