Tennessee Lady Vol News

If Tennessee can find a way to play up to their potential, they could be a problem for a lot of teams. We know that every team will key up on Horston and Jackson so we need someone else to step up offensively. I would love to see Darby go off, along with Holinshed and Walker. It would also be nice to see Puckett get her groove back, or even Striplin hitting at the elbow or her step back three shot. This team has a boat load of talent, let us hope that it all comes together now that it is tournament time.

If Tennessee can find a way to play up to their potential, they could be a problem for a lot of teams. We know that every team will key up on Horston and Jackson so we need someone else to step up offensively. I would love to see Darby go off, along with Holinshed and Walker. It would also be nice to see Puckett get her groove back, or even Striplin hitting at the elbow or her step back three shot. This team has a boat load of talent, let us hope that it all comes together now that it is tournament time.

I agree with you on this about Tennessee, Note if i was the other teams i would take a page out of LSU,Ole Miss, SC play book force KJH to take Darby out of the game go at her on offense and guard her on defense. Horston and Jackson will get there points that is a given take away Darby and her points on the offensive end.

I agree with you on this about Tennessee, Note if i was the other teams i would take a page out of LSU,Ole Miss, SC play book force KJH to take Darby out of the game go at her on offense and guard her on defense. Horston and Jackson will get there points that is a given take away Darby and her points on the offensive end.
Don't know if this was posted earlier, but Cora Hall of News-Sentinel wrote that Tamari Key has stated that she is coming back to play for the Lady Vols next season. Hope this will change Jordan Horston's or Timea Jackson's minds on turning pro. We shall see.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
ummm, Timea
whistling-whistle.gif

Someone alert madtowne, we've got X factors according to this!

That Seattle bracket as a 5 looked great. We could be Sleepers in Seattle!

Only two things we know for certain about Selection Sunday:

1. None of the bracket predictions we hope for will actually happen.
2. Whatever finagling and fudging the committee needs to do to ensure Tennessee gets its annual screw-over WILL happen.

That's it.

When Tess’ shot isn’t falling or the defense is kicking her butt I think Kellie should go with the larger lineup with Jordy/Rickea on the wings attacking the basket and letting Karo/Jillian screen and pop for the three or middy To open up the lanes and pull the other teams’ big out. Both of them have the shots for it and are versatile enough to make it happen.

When Tess’ shot isn’t falling or the defense is kicking her butt I think Kellie should go with the larger lineup with Jordy/Rickea on the wings attacking the basket and letting Karo/Jillian screen and pop for the three or middy To open up the lanes and pull the other teams’ big out. Both of them have the shots for it and are versatile enough to make it happen.

I with you on that lineup I just think reducing Darby minutes against teams that can matchup with Horston Jackson will bold will for Tennessee. Don`t get me wrong Walker has a really good looking jump short i would move her to the SG spot when needed. In the games vs LSU and SC the team played better when Darby was on the bench ?. I also think some of Darby minutes could go to Pissott they play the same position. Darby against LSU in two games 61-minutes 16-pts SC 53 -minutes 2pts. And to add i give Horston a lot of credit because she had to chase Cooke around the court in each game because Darby is a liablity on the defensive end. Also to note when Tennessee was offense it was Cooke guarding Darby and Beal on Horston. So Horston is spending a lot energy on both ends of the floor. We all agree to disagree just my take.

that is the lineup I called for in the last game...Karo, Jill, JoJo, Jordy, Kea
never saw it

Reactions: chuckiepoo
They had to make a whole rule due to the classless of Dre Edwards and her father.

Attachments

• 99639D26-AD9B-4639-9585-AD690E4CCEF9.png
    99639D26-AD9B-4639-9585-AD690E4CCEF9.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 70
Reactions: lvocd

Wishful thinking: Key reveals during the broadcast that she has been fully medically cleared to play and will be available to provide a couple of minutes here and there if Jillian and Karoline get into deep foul trouble or we just need a quick new defensive look in the paint
during the upcoming tournament.

🤗

I repeat, this is WISHFUL THINKING.

Don't know if this was posted earlier, but Cora Hall of News-Sentinel wrote that Tamari Key has stated that she is coming back to play for the Lady Vols next season. Hope this will change Jordan Horston's or Timea Jackson's minds on turning pro. We shall see.
Sounds good. Has she already received medical clearance to play.? If not, until she receives medical clearance, it might be best not to count our chickens before they hatch.

Sounds good. Has she already received medical clearance to play.? If not, until she receives medical clearance, it might be best not to count our chickens before they hatch.
Probably won’t be cleared medically until after the season if seeking the medical waiver. That is one of the requirements, not able to return.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I hope Rickea announces she is staying on the show.
You mean ole Timea? If she doesn't, it sure won't be for lack of trying on her part or the BoostHer club. She's been everywhere lately, working the NIL hard. Dinners w fans, new Publix spot on tic tok, at the softball game yesterday with OMD. Would she be doing all this if she's leaving in a few weeks? Maybe finishing up previous obligations? Surely some freakin business person can come up w the $$$ if that's all it would take.

Probably won’t be cleared medically until after the season if seeking the medical waiver. That is one of the requirements, not able to return.
No way you throw her back out there this year. Unfair to everyone. She couldn't be in game shape, has to be rusty, plus it would be totally disruptive to current team chemistry which has taken freaking all year to build. Way more minus than plus imo. Look out next year though.

'It takes a village'- Instead of sitting around and waiting on some 'business person' unicorn, we all need to chip into the LVBHC. Also, if you know some business people who could provide sponsorship, talk to them or refer them to Terri @ lvboostherclub@gmail.com

You mean ole Timea? If she doesn't, it sure won't be for lack of trying on her part or the BoostHer club. She's been everywhere lately, working the NIL hard. Dinners w fans, new Publix spot on tic tok, at the softball game yesterday with OMD. Would she be doing all this if she's leaving in a few weeks? Maybe finishing up previous obligations? Surely some freakin business person can come up w the $$$ if that's all it would take.

No way you throw her back out there this year. Unfair to everyone. She couldn't be in game shape, has to be rusty, plus it would be totally disruptive to current team chemistry which has taken freaking all year to build. Way more minus than plus imo. Look out next year though.

'It takes a village'- Instead of sitting around and waiting on some 'business person' unicorn, we all need to chip into the LVBHC. Also, if you know some business people who could provide sponsorship, talk to them or refer them to Terri @ lvboostherclub@gmail.com
Hard to imagine my 25$ would help much but I'm game. Any more than that though and I'm going to have to know EXACTLY what my cash does and how this works. Was able to figure out from the website that 80-85 percent goes to the collective. 15% for overhead is reasonable. I'll email Terri and ask, but so far can't figure out if there's no direct payment to athletes where the rest of the cash donations go.

Hard to imagine my 25$ would help much but I'm game. Any more than that though and I'm going to have to know EXACTLY what my cash does and how this works. Was able to figure out from the website that 80-85 percent goes to the collective. 15% for overhead is reasonable. I'll email Terri and ask, but so far can't figure out if there's no direct payment to athletes where the rest of the cash donations go.

Great question! I learned from my mom when people call and ask for a donation to ask how much is actually going to the cause. They are legally obligated to tell you because some of these people say so oh 25-30 % of our proceeds go to ... so always good to ask.

I can tell you that Terri volunteers her time ($0 salary). The only employee that I'm aware of is Keyen Green. I donate monthly, which goes into the general fund, but have also have had dinners with the players and donate an appearance fee to LVBHC, which goes directly to the athletes involved. I have also had my business sponsor a couple of players for a public appearance.

Based on what I've seen this year, there's no 'fat' in their administrative costs.

Great question! I learned from my mom when people call and ask for a donation to ask how much is actually going to the cause. They are legally obligated to tell you because some of these people say so oh 25-30 % of our proceeds go to ... so always good to ask.

VN Store

Back