Tennessee Lady Vol News

Walker was all around very good. Puckett was on fire from deep. Wynn did hit one, but still cannot finish at the rim for love or money. Key was Key, blocked a 3 pt attempt but did not dominate on offense the way you'd think she should in 3 x 3. They tried to screen and roll alot but the pass was not always caught. Lots of one on one to the rim, Walker successful Wynn unsuccessful. Puckett was releasing her shot really quickly.

Interesting that there seems to be no coaches on the sidelines. Looked like they were subbing out themselves.
yes a weird rule of 3v3 no in game coaching allowed

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Walker made atleast two threes in this game and multiple difficult shots driving to the basket.
Key was good and showed great composure. They were definitely fouling her every time she touch the ball.
Puckett was clutch from the 3pt line. Wynn is an elite athlete. I think as usual some posters jump to conclusion too soon.. these players are getting better. They don’t look the same as last season. This 3x3 is a more physical style of play than even the SEC.
Players are getting pushed while attempting a shot and it’s still 50/50 whether the official calls a foul!

Walker was all around very good. Puckett was on fire from deep. Wynn did hit one, but still cannot finish at the rim for love or money. Key was Key, blocked a 3 pt attempt but did not dominate on offense the way you'd think she should in 3 x 3. They tried to screen and roll alot but the pass was not always caught. Lots of one on one to the rim, Walker successful Wynn unsuccessful. Puckett was releasing her shot really quickly.

Interesting that there seems to be no coaches on the sidelines. Looked like they were subbing out themselves.

Key has been dominate in all their other games offensively . This game they seemed to work on getting the open shot and drive the ball to the rim. You could see the ladies getting more comfortable and were competitive. This will only benefit them because they have to think the game quicker.

TN won their 5:30 game today in Red Bull. Good game. Next game I’ll write down what they do, but this is what I remember:

Key had a big block away from the basket, and was moving well on defense. She obviously can score under the basket.

The announcer said Sara had 3 3 pointers, but I thought I counted 4. She was also the one doing the talking to the rest of the team, I think she is a leader.

Walker got blocked on numerous drives to the basket, but got a layup near the end, and shot the winning 3 at the end of the game. I am not sure of her total 3’s in the game.

Wynn threw numerous wild shots at the basket missing most all. She did make one shot near the basket, and made one 3.

It was a good win, they’re playing more confidently.

We can’t even get women’s basketball fans to back the W.
I can't explain this to myself about myself. I've followed the LVs and gone to games for 25 years; it was a huge family activity when my girls were young. Took them, my nieces, their friends, my Mom, everyone. It was a huge girl Dad thing for us. I also love men's college BB and attend those when I can and follow faithfully.

But I cannot get interested in the W, even when my beloved former LVs are involved. I keep up w the news on the league sort of and watch bits of games occasionally if an LV is involved, I usually watch the last few playoff games if I can. I also am only mildly interested in the NBA; watched a bit of the Celtics playoff game last night bc of Grant Williams but changed channel and only checked back on the score. So I don't think it's a men/women thing for me.

As for quality, I actually enjoy the women's game (when well played) more than the power ball game of the men. So it's not that either. For some reason the transition from college to pro seems to be my issue, not sure why. I guess I need a good bball therapist.

For me, football is the opposite. I'm fairly interested in college football (not near as much as basketball) and usually at least have Tennessee games on. But I love the NFL and watch it closely. Go figure.

BTW, my mom, who is 92 and in declining health, always has and still does enjoy the WNBA. Her caretaker asked me a few days ago to send her the W's tv schedule. For Mom I swear I think its a chance to carry over her college bball sports hates; she still can't stand the sight of Diana Taurasi!

Last edited:
There was a point in the game where Unlimited cut the lead down to 1 point and Walker had a fantastic drive to build the lead. She was aggressive driving to the basket. I don’t recall seeing many clean blocks on either Walker or Wynn drives… in the college game those were obvious fouls. It’s definitely a factor in Wynn attempting to force her shot attempts to the rim through contact.
It’s easy to be critical on the players offensively at times but I don’t see how anyone could expect them to be highly efficient with the level of contact being allowed for the defense.

Last edited:
I can't explain this to myself about myself. I've followed the LVs and gone to games for 25 years; it was a huge family activity when my girls were young. Took them, my nieces, their friends, my Mom, everyone. It was a huge girl Dad thing for us. I also love men's college BB and attend those when I can and follow faithfully.

But I cannot get interested in the W, even when my beloved former LVs are involved. I keep up w the news on the league sort of and watch bits of games occasionally if an LV is involved, I usually watch the last few playoff games if I can. I also am only mildly interested in the NBA; watched a bit of the Celtics playoff game last night bc of Grant Williams but changed channel and only checked back on the score. So I don't think it's a men/women thing for me.

As for quality, I actually enjoy the women's game (when well played) more than the power ball game of the men. So it's not that either. For some reason the transition from college to pro seems to be my issue, not sure why. I guess I need a good bball therapist.

For me, football is the opposite. I'm fairly interested in college football (not near as much as basketball) and usually at least have Tennessee games on. But I love the NFL and watch it closely. Go figure.

BTW, my mom, who is 92 and in declining health, always has and still does enjoy the WNBA. Her caretaker asked me a few days ago to send her the W's tv schedule. For Mom I swear I think its a chance to carry over her college bball sports hates; she still can't stand the sight of Diana Taurasi!
That is a wise woman!!!!!!

Coaches don’t coach during the game in 3x3

Reactions: glv98
Key has been dominate in all their other games offensively . This game they seemed to work on getting the open shot and drive the ball to the rim. You could see the ladies getting more comfortable and were competitive. This will only benefit them because they have to think the game quicker.
This is the first game I've watched; I guess I thought there would be more spreading the floor and getting Key one on one under the basket. Didn't expect so much one on one driving. Is it a 12 second shot clock? Also, as previously mentioned, lots of contact is allowed and that doesn't favor Key on offense.

Agree, this is great experience for them.

Being able to see all those players I knew and loved (or hated), live and in one place was so cool. If you ever get the chance, I'd definitely recommend going to a game in-person, it kinda makes it feel less abstract. And yeah, so much of the motivation is hating on the players you can't stand, or seeing how the players you like improve their game (or survive in the league at all) over the years. Everything from that vindication when Candace got her ring and accolades with Chicago last season, or the sense of schadenfreude from seeing Sue Bird go 1-11 with 2 points in today's game (to be fair, against Taurasi who put up goat numbers, I didn't have a dog in that fight), it brings me life! It's gonna be so fun when Rickea, Horston, and Tamari get drafted, I can't wait.

For the public to value the league, the owners have to value their players:
the Atlanta Dream is worth $358 million . . . Total Salaries, $1,371,908 (0.38%)
the Atlanta Hawks are worth: 2 Billion . . . total salaries 146,689,507 (0.73%)
Both leagues play less than one percent of the team's worth, yet...

Reactions: krichunaka
Finally tuned into the 3x3 stream, watching the men play. So shots beyond the arc are worth 2 points and inside the arc are worth 1 point. First to 21, or team with the highest score after a certain amount of time wins. Pardon me, figuring out the rules as I watch :cool:

misogynist has nothing to do with poor marketing.
There are more women than men in this country, ergo, more pockets
Scared marketing or a complete lack thereof is what keeps the W from growing
NOT the product
not the "he-man woman haters" club

poor marketing, period!
If the heads of the league would bow-up and take risks it would flourish
You gotta risk it to get the biskit

It’s a both and scenario. Without dealing with these horrible sexist tropes exceptional marketing will only get you so far. An example of how hard our culture has bought into the patriarchy, we have Amb3096 who is a women’s college basketball superfan who is on here vociferously defending how terrible the WNBA is.

VN Store

Back