Tennessee Lady Vol News

Achonwa is on a guaranteed contract, so they are stuck with her.

Carlton...she must either be the life of the party or have some incriminating photos of Reeves.

Banham...not sure what she sees that she would cut the rest of the PGs from the roster.

Everyone else looks fine, I think.
Yea didnt understand any of the moves she made with this roster very head scratching are they trying to tank the season? Because as constructed now this is the worst roster in the league feel bad for Sylvia Fowles she deserves better....but in hindsight i would really love to see rennia in LA that move would really put them over the top

Reactions: Lucy
Yea didnt understand any of the moves she made with this roster very head scratching are they trying to tank the season? Because as constructed now this is the worst roster in the league feel bad for Sylvia Fowles she deserves better....but in hindsight i would really love to see rennia in LA that move would really put them over the top
I have a hard time seeing a team with Aerial Powers, Angel McCoughtry, Sylvia Fowles, Kayla McBride and Damiris Dantas, plus Jess Shepard and Odyssey Sims off the bench as a bad team. If Collier wasn't pregnant, there would be no issues with the talent. The absence of her along with McBride and Dantas for the moment is definitely hurting them right now, but they've got a lot of talent. Once those two are back, the only position that is a question mark is the PG since they decided to waive both of them. They are fine at the W with Powers, McBride, McCoughtry and (to an extent) Carlton plus Collier when she returns next season. The odds were against Davis to crack that rotation, so she's better off on another team.

Reactions: travis929
I have a hard time seeing a team with Aerial Powers, Angel McCoughtry, Sylvia Fowles, Kayla McBride and Damiris Dantas, plus Jess Shepard and Odyssey Sims off the bench as a bad team. If Collier wasn't pregnant, there would be no issues with the talent. The absence of her along with McBride and Dantas for the moment is definitely hurting them right now, but they've got a lot of talent. Once those two are back, the only position that is a question mark is the PG since they decided to waive both of them. They are fine at the W with Powers, McBride, McCoughtry and (to an extent) Carlton plus Collier when she returns next season. The odds were against Davis to crack that rotation, so she's better off on another team.
If im not mistaken collier (pregnant) mccoughtry(still adjusting from injury) mcbride (still overseas) dantas ( injured) as of right now they couldve used her from the start this team is not very good right now theyre 0-3 for a reason and none of the games have been close

If im not mistaken collier (pregnant) mccoughtry(still adjusting from injury) mcbride (still overseas) dantas ( injured) as of right now they couldve used her from the start this team is not very good right now theyre 0-3 for a reason and none of the games have been close

Reeves is tanking on purpose so she can get a good draft position next season. Should not be allowed. It’s grossly obvious and having a significant effect on some really talented players. She is wasting Rennia’s time.

So frustrating they kept her on last season when she was injured onlY to jack her around and cut her now.

They could have used her last night but didn’t. She played like 3 minutes. Just don’t get it.

Reeves is tanking on purpose so she can get a good draft position next season. Should not be allowed. It’s grossly obvious and having a significant effect on some really talented players. She is wasting Rennia’s time.

So frustrating they kept her on last season when she was injured onlY to jack her around and cut her now.

They could have used her last night but didn’t. She played like 3 minutes. Just don’t get it.
Her tanking this season would not help much with how good they were last season. The WNBA uses the 2 year combined records to decide the draft lottery contenders to avoid tanking. So unless shes banking on PB coming out in 2024 instead of next season or some other top junior no way she's getting Boston without a trade.

I guess they're posting disclaimers after the shade one of them threw while interviewing Rickea. This person in particular is the one always hating on Pat Summitt.

As an aside, I wonder if players coming into a program like Tennessee are aware they will have fiercely loyal fans and absolute haters, purely based off the school they chose. It's real out here.

I guess they're posting disclaimers after the shade one of them threw while interviewing Rickea. This person in particular is the one always hating on Pat Summitt.

As an aside, I wonder if players coming into a program like Tennessee are aware they will have fiercely loyal fans and absolute haters, purely based off the school they chose. It's real out here.

That Deloris poster is absolute trash in my book. Do not like seeing our players associated with them in any way. Friendly or not. Some of the things they said about Pat are unforgivable in my book.

Indiana has good team but the stars on the team are tired already. Angel should retire. Coach only played Davis for 2mts and she scored 2pt. Also, if coach wana play that games so she can get top draft next yr. That may not work for her because 2 new Wnba will be on board..

Yes. Deloris tweeted something pretty nasty about Pat’s Alzheimer’s. I won’t forgive it. Someone else in the group tweeted something about Lady Vols fans who think the Lady Vols are coming back must be smoking Pat’s ashes. Won’t forgive that one either.

Rennia is a great talent and if she was hungry for a career in basketball she would have that as she has all but one of the tools needed. What I feel is lacking is a killer instinct and a hunger to win at all cost. Some have it some don’t. I hopes she goes on to do whatever she wants and I believe she will be great at it. She has more abilities than just playing ball and because she is so good she is still in the conversation. Rennia has avenues to success that not necessarily need basketball to get there.

They still had to keep Collier, McCoughtry, McBride and Dantas on their day 1 roster even if they weren't all able to play. Waiving Davis and then resigning her as a hardship contract was the right thing to do until the unavailable players can come back. Honestly, they should have tried to trade her during the offseason when McCoughtry signed with them. Assuming they cut her again when Dantas and McBride come back, they basically threw away their first round pick from last season.

Waiving Davis wasn't even the biggest bonehead move that they made; waiving the only 3 PGs on their roster made zero sense.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
They still had to keep Collier, McCoughtry, McBride and Dantas on their day 1 roster even if they weren't all able to play. Waiving Davis and then resigning her as a hardship contract was the right thing to do until the unavailable players can come back. Honestly, they should have tried to trade her during the offseason when McCoughtry signed with them. Assuming they cut her again when Dantas and McBride come back, they basically threw away their first round pick from last season.

Waiving Davis wasn't even the biggest bonehead move that they made; waiving the only 3 PGs on their roster made zero sense.
Absolutely agree but rachel banham and carleton shouldnt be on that roster before her but i totally understand what u saying

Amb, do you think McCoughtry still has "it"? I know she's coming back from injury, but I still feel like maybe she's too fr past her prime. I could be way off because I've only really seen her once this year, but in that game she was often just hanging back watching and making "I'm so irritated" faces. I wasn't mpressed.

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
Anyone catching this Sky v. Liberty game? The Liberty just put in Han Xu for the first time and she is unbelievably agile and quick to be the tallest player in the league. :eek: I really AM impressed by her! I'm wondering why she hasn't been getting minutes.

Amb, do you think McCoughtry still has "it"? I know she's coming back from injury, but I still feel like maybe she's too fr past her prime. I could be way off because I've only really seen her once this year, but in that game she was often just hanging back watching and making "I'm so irritated" faces. I wasn't mpressed.

Not Amb, but IMHO, McCoughtry won't have "it" unless/until she has two functioning knees. She just had a platelet-rich plasma injection because she's still having problems since her knee surgery. What you saw may all be due to disgust at her knee limitations.

Reactions: lvocd
Absolutely agree but rachel banham and carleton shouldnt be on that roster before her but i totally understand what u saying
They had no choice but to keep Banham because for some reason they waived all of the guards! She wasn't the one who took Davis' spot; that would be Carlton. I really have no idea how she keeps surviving, but Reeves must see something in her that doesn't show up in the box scores.

If healthy, yes...I think she has "it". She missed two of the last seasons, but she was playing ridiculously well her first season with the Aces. IMO, she was worth the gamble coming off a knee injury. Even at less than 100%, she'd still be a dangerous weapon. When the Lynx signed her, that immediately sent Davis to at best a reserve role this season because they were going to ride or die with Angel at the wing.

Reactions: lvocd
Anyone catching this Sky v. Liberty game? The Liberty just put in Han Xu for the first time and she is unbelievably agile and quick to be the tallest player in the league. :eek: I really AM impressed by her! I'm wondering why she hasn't been getting minutes.
She is impressive being that agile at what, 7 feet?

Evina signed to hardship contract with Lynx. 😬 Hold on, Re.
Both were signed to hardship contracts, so neither will be there long. Evina will be released once McBride comes back, and Rennia will be let go once Dantas or Achonwa are cleared from their injuries. If anything, Rennia is in a better position since McBride is actually on a schedule to return whereas the other 2 are not. At least they'll need her as an additional rebounder.

Reactions: LadyOrange
Yes. Point is Evina and Re…..😬😬😬 bad blood for sure. I just hope they aren’t on the floor at the same time.
Oh, I had no idea that there was personal conflict between the two. Well, they're both adults and working on basically an employee trial run, so I'm sure they know that they have to be acting at the highest level of professionalism.

Oh, I had no idea that there was personal conflict between the two. Well, they're both adults and working on basically an employee trial run, so I'm sure they know that they have to be acting at the highest level of professionalism.

Because that worked so well with Courtney Williams and Chennedy Carter 😂

Reactions: LadyOrange

VN Store

Back