Tennessee Lady Vol News

Jasmine looking good in number 12 looks well on the way to recovery.

Love that it’s a mix of players, coaches and Jasmine’s mom. You really do get family vibes from this staff/team. Looks like a lot of fun to be part of.

I know, as a fan, I’m loving it. I feel so included with all these little snippets as well, our social media team is doing a fantastic job.

Grits are manna from heaven. Butter, salt, pepper. Can add cheese on top or stir in and/or top with fried eggs. A grits soufflé is acceptable, but why waste the time and effort? Just gilding the lily. Obviously ham or bacon or sausage on the side is always good. Shrimp and grits are a totally different culinary delight. My SC family had a shrimp and grits station at their son’s wedding. Sugar is an anathema,@Orange_Mamba, you are correct. My mama explained to me what happened to people who put sugar on grits😞. I always liked @Coach Jumper, but seriously, espousing sugar on grits!? Coach!! Get thee behind me! Next Sir Jim or @Benionsopinion will say they eat sugar on grits. Then my world will shake.

Not me,Smallvol#1,though I have tried scrambled eggs with salsa on my grits. OK,I lived in Texas too long. GOD bless you and your family,hope all are well!

Jasmine looking good in number 12 looks well on the way to recovery.[/QUOT

Jasmine looking good in number 12 looks well on the way to recovery.[/QUOT

Wow! Do we have an official choreographer? This is great and shows a bit more of the great atmosphere surrounding our Lady Vols!

Unfortunately, I have noticed Rae trying to make herself appear smaller in photo ops with teammates, signaling that she is self-conscious about her size — which, obviously, is a shame.

Rae Burrell is such an unusual elite athlete in that she can equally pull off being a fierce competitor and a soft girly-girl.

But when she is appearing in these Sparks photo ops she is obviously feeling self-conscious about her height while with her teammates, as she is squatting down for the photos. What a shame, because she is a statuesque beauty who should never feel insecure about her appearance.

Unfortunately, I have noticed Rae trying to make herself appear smaller in photo ops with teammates, signaling that she is self-conscious about her size — which, obviously, is a shame.

Rae Burrell is such an unusual elite athlete in that she can equally pull off being a fierce competitor and a soft girly-girl.

But when she is appearing in these Sparks photo ops she is obviously feeling self-conscious about her height while with her teammates, as she is squatting down for the photos. What a shame, because she is a statuesque beauty who should never feel insecure about her appearance.
I think you're looking way too into things here

I wish Kellie coached her

This.

Nared shouldn’t be a fringe player in the W. That’s just how I feel.

Maybe Kellie will allow former players to come back in the offseason? I’ve heard other coaches do that sometimes and players come back to take advantage of that extra development and it pushes current players to up their game seeing how the pro world works in real time

Not me,Smallvol#1,though I have tried scrambled eggs with salsa on my grits. OK,I lived in Texas too long. GOD bless you and your family,hope all are well!

Well, I must admit, it is Texas. Texas makes its own rules, and when one has lived there, one adjusts to Texas…Texas does not adjust. Salsa it is. Still, you comfort me, and Sir Jim again proved himself the gentleman.☺️ Coach though…..oh dear.
I pray for you and your wife daily; we are all well. God bless all of you🧡.

Reactions: Benionsopinion
Well, I must admit, it is Texas. Texas makes its own rules, and when one has lived there, one adjusts to Texas…Texas does not adjust. Salsa it is. Still, you comfort me, and Sir Jim again proved himself the gentleman.☺️ Coach though…..oh dear.
I pray for you and your wife daily; we are all well. God bless all of you🧡.

Thank you,Smallvol#1. Your kindness and caring have helped me through some dark times. You are a very special person and I’m blessed to have such a wonderful friend. As for Texas,it is a unique place,one of few that have a population that I found like transplanted Tennesseans. Thanks again and GOD bless you and your family.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
I think you're looking way too into things here
Maybe so. I sincerely hope I am. But as someone who has had a decades-long fascination that could, perhaps, border on a preoccupation with the study of the body language of athletes and coaches, I do not think I am wrong about this one. It is not at all uncommon for women who are taller than other women and men they are near to stoop a bit, especially in situations where they are the "low man on the totem pole." Rae can smile as big as California, but IMO she is, understandably, feeling quite vulnerable right now. Think about the HUGE personalities the Sparks have up front for them in the media right now and then try to imagine how Burrell could NOT be feeling like the goofiest rookie ever.

Rae will be fine. Next season. I suspect this season she will be brought around slowly. Very slowly -- if at all. Clearly the franchise has plans for her, but I get the feeling that those plans won't be known until NEXT season. I hope to be wrong about this, of course, but as long as she stays on a WNBA roster I'll be happy.

Maybe so. I sincerely hope I am. But as someone who has had a decades-long fascination that could, perhaps, border on a preoccupation with the study of the body language of athletes and coaches, I do not think I am wrong about this one. It is not at all uncommon for women who are taller than other women and men they are near to stoop a bit, especially in situations where they are the "low man on the totem pole." Rae can smile as big as California, but IMO she is, understandably, feeling quite vulnerable right now. Think about the HUGE personalities the Sparks have up front for them in the media right now and then try to imagine how Burrell could NOT be feeling like the goofiest rookie ever.

Rae will be fine. Next season. I suspect this season she will be brought around slowly. Very slowly -- if at all. Clearly the franchise has plans for her, but I get the feeling that those plans won't be known until NEXT season. I hope to be wrong about this, of course, but as long as she stays on a WNBA roster I'll be happy.
Some news about Rae might be coming soon I'm hearing info from my Sparks group

Thank you,Smallvol#1. Your kindness and caring have helped me through some dark times. You are a very special person and I’m blessed to have such a wonderful friend. As for Texas,it is a unique place,one of few that have a population that I found like transplanted Tennesseans. Thanks again and GOD bless you and your family.

True words. Both Smallvol and T are salt of the Earth

Reactions: Benionsopinion
Some news about Rae might be coming soon I'm hearing info from my Sparks group

shhh...why unwrap a present and then not open the box?

Rae is healthy and excited about the season.
Let her and the Sparks open the box if they so desire.
I'm sure Rae would appreciate that.

VN Store

Back