Tennessee Lady Vol News

I think his reference was to Rick Barnes. But, you are right about Pat leading the way on scheduling tough competition. She always scheduled with March in mind and said tough competition got the team ready.

Jim

I like that she played the toughest schedule regardless of team talent.

Reactions: krichunaka
Looks like we are scheduling strong probably without the available personnel needed to win some of these games. I think it will help us as the season progresses because you always get better when you play better competition. The biggest problem may turn out to be contending with the nega vols if we lose to most of these top teams. Were going to be a better team next season don't know if we'll have a better record.
My motto toward the nega Vols has always been, Let them go take a flying leap.
They are like the poor, we will always have them with us.

I would love to see a North Carolina, Louisville, NC State, Duke, Oregon, Oregon Stateā€¦..someone different this year or next! šŸ˜©

Certainly lots of personal connections.

Obviously, Kara at Duke, plus Kellie was assistant with Wes (although NC State history could make things a bit awkward). Then there's NC with the younger Key. All regional games.

Can someone site the summertime rules re coaches being with players practicing in the gym. I believe in the long ago past coaches weren't even allowed to watch pick-up games.
knowledge would be appreciated.

Can someone site the summertime rules re coaches being with players practicing in the gym. I believe in the long ago past coaches weren't even allowed to watch pick-up games.
knowledge would be appreciated.

Lots of rules changed due to covid but I don't kn if those rules will go back to normal or stay. Just like transfer and play immediately.

coach thx and as your original post stated "Normal" has changed!! and the rules of 2009 didn't anticipate the new normal.

Other notable omissions include former WNBA MVP Nneka Ogwumike, who has been sidelined with a left knee sprain (ā€œBreaks my heart that Nneka isnā€™t on this team,ā€ Staley said), and reigning scoring champ Arike Ogunbowale. Candace Parker, a two-time gold medalist who has declined to participate with Team USA since her snub from the 2016 roster, will work the Tokyo Games as a broadcaster.

Ok candace! She is always getting that work in and looks like she is going to the Olympics anyways šŸ˜¤ I have a feeling we will be seeing a lot of Ms. Parker on the future when she is done balling.

Other notable omissions include former WNBA MVP Nneka Ogwumike, who has been sidelined with a left knee sprain (ā€œBreaks my heart that Nneka isnā€™t on this team,ā€ Staley said), and reigning scoring champ Arike Ogunbowale. Candace Parker, a two-time gold medalist who has declined to participate with Team USA since her snub from the 2016 roster, will work the Tokyo Games as a broadcaster.

Ok candace! She is always getting that work in and looks like she is going to the Olympics anyways šŸ˜¤ I have a feeling we will be seeing a lot of Ms. Parker on the future when she is done balling.

Candace says ā€œyā€™all do you and Iā€™ll get my bag šŸ’°šŸ’°šŸ’°.ā€

Love that she has always been true to herself and held her convictions. Still salty that they left her off and then continued to use her images for promo for the olympics.

VN Store

Back