Tennessee Lady Vol News

Sue Bird, who I adore, is playing again for Seattle. That increases the likelihood that Courtney Vandersloot, my favorite player, stays in Chicago to Play with Candace Parker, my most favorite player. Hoping they can power the Sky to the first back-to-back championships since the Sparks of 2001-2002!!!

Sue Bird, who I adore, is playing again for Seattle. That increases the likelihood that Courtney Vandersloot, my favorite player, stays in Chicago to Play with Candace Parker, my most favorite player. Hoping they can power the Sky to the first back-to-back championships since the Sparks of 2001-2002!!!

It's likely that Vandersloot and Quigly are a package deal. Can Chicago afford the two of them, CP, Copper, DeShields, and Stevens...possible also Dolson and/or N'dour?

My guess is that Diamond will move on. Copper has moved up on the priority list, and I think Diamond becomes odd woman out. I also don't see Dolson coming back.

It's likely that Vandersloot and Quigly are a package deal. Can Chicago afford the two of them, CP, Copper, DeShields, and Stevens...possible also Dolson and/or N'dour?

My guess is that Diamond will move on. Copper has moved up on the priority list, and I think Diamond becomes odd woman out. I also don't see Dolson coming back.
they have made the qualifying offer to DeShields. So, I guess the ball is in her court. Can she get more elsewhere? Dolson has been working hard on her game in the off season. I think one of them goes. As to Vanderbilt’s, Quigley has stated she doesn’t want to play anywhere else but Chicago, and the 2, I believe, have their home in the northBrook/Deerfield area of Chicago’s North Suburbs. So, if Sloot does leave a lot has got to happen. I think they’re running it back!

We’re doing this without a fully healthy Rae AND Marta…

Two players who can shoot the three, have good shooting percentages, and added height… the team we could’ve seen this year….I think it’s been easy to overlook the role a healthy Marta plays in this team because of the loss of Rae and how that changed the complexity of the team.

We’re playing at a high level right now and should be extremely happy. Let’s go get these road wins and continuing proving it’s no fluke.

As some of y’all know I’m being on social media interactions and how coaches and teams leverage it. Something Dawn and Adia Barnes do so well at but look at this tiktok overtimewbb posted Kellie’s video of her helping Jordan get up and getting the steal went viral with 300k views 100k likes across all social media platforms & EVERY comment being positive about her which is hard to accomplish . I wish she would take advantage of it recruits love coaches who are active on social media it gives them a sense of you being able to connect with them.B5A7E3A5-78DB-4EA2-9BBD-DA2AA3EBA84B.jpeg

Last edited:
The only coach who doesn’t leverage social media like Kellie is Geno but he doesn’t really need too he has 11 championships. Kim Mulkey at her age is doing very well on leveraging social media gotta throw Jeff Walz and Joni Taylor in here too.

Last edited:
If only Marta hadn’t played for Spain last summer 😫

I hear ya! We sure could have used her talents this season.

But as much as it may pain us to think it sometimes, life IS bigger than just Lady Vols Basketball for all these kids. When presented with a wonderful opportunity to represent your beloved country on the world stage, that's just not something most people are going to turn down -- or even SHOULD turn down.

And I understand the argument that the athletes are on scholarship and have the university to consider as well.

But honestly, the even bigger consideration is the fact that none of us is guaranteed even one more day, so we'd all be wise to make the most of opportunities to make lifelong memories as they come up. They may only come around once!

I watched some of the video from those games and saw all the photos, and believe me, Marta made some important, unforgettable memories. Next year when she comes back fully healthy and even more mature, she'll be happy she did both! :):)

Remember me you criticize me because I spelled Candice instead of Candace when you are texting it can spell a name for you and you don't pay attention but you made it a big deal but guess what you capitalized play (Play) when it shouldn't have been so you see my friend you can text a word by mistake lots of posters do it all the time and we understand what they are trying to say but you made it a crime because I texted Candice instead of Candace so you see even you don't text perfect all the time.for those who read this he replied to me saying I can't be a fan of hers just because I spelled her name wrong I'm like are you serious.

I hear ya! We sure could have used her talents this season.

But as much as it may pain us to think it sometimes, life IS bigger than just Lady Vols Basketball for all these kids. When presented with a wonderful opportunity to represent your beloved country on the world stage, that's just not something most people are going to turn down -- or even SHOULD turn down.

And I understand the argument that the athletes are on scholarship and have the university to consider as well.

But honestly, the even bigger consideration is the fact that none of us is guaranteed even one more day, so we'd all be wise to make the most of opportunities to make lifelong memories as they come up. They may only come around once!

I watched some of the video from those games and saw all the photos, and believe me, Marta made some important, unforgettable memories. Next year when she comes back fully healthy and even more mature, she'll be happy she did both! :):)
Wise words friend. Thank you.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Remember me you criticize me because I spelled Candice instead of Candace when you are texting it can spell a name for you and you don't pay attention but you made it a big deal but guess what you capitalized play (Play) when it shouldn't have been so you see my friend you can text a word by mistake lots of posters do it all the time and we understand what they are trying to say but you made it a crime because I texted Candice instead of Candace so you see even you don't text perfect all the time.for those who read this he replied to me saying I can't be a fan of hers just because I spelled her name wrong I'm like are you serious.
❤️‍🩹 feel better? Auto correct, little buttons, edit skills. I think you may have caught them on a bad day…
…and punctuation iz hard.

Reactions: LUVMESUMVOL
Sitting here day dreaming. With Rae back we have so many more combinations we can run. Crazy how much one player can change things.

Takes a ton of pressure off both Puckett and Darby. Based on this last game I suspect Rae will be back in the starting lineup in the next game or two. That allows the other two to just come in and be an offensive spark.

All those starting minutes from Tess we hated are going to pay off in confidence. If she can come off the bench and can a couple transition threes every game she’ll be worth her weight in gold. I loved the shots she got against A&M. Those are looks we can get her against anyone and she will hit close to 50% when unguarded.

Sarah can get a feel and bring size off the bench. We have a few combinations we can run like Walker, Horston, Burrell, Puckett and Key. That is a huge lineup with not just size but superior strength. Puckett has a pro body as do Horston and Key. Rae is working back into shape but is looking great. I would not want to defend that lineup.

And not to forget Green and Dye. Our 4 position is so strong. They are all so unselfish and so motivated. Green, Puckett and Dye all bring something different to the position. We don’t lose hardly anything on either end with any of the three. That is so hard for defenses to deal with. They have to adjust real time just because of their different style of play.

Green can take you off the bounce and is such a physical player, if they go small at the four she can power through anyone and is hitting a nice percentage from the floor at .582. Her free throw stroke is looking much better and I expect to see her percentage continue to improve.

Puckett can stretch a defense. She’s been a little hot and cold but when she’s feeling it she has a shot as pure as anyone in the country. Her superior upper body strength allows her to shoot that beautiful step back three with precision. That is hard to guard for anyone. Bigs have to respect her out there so she is then able to take slower players off the dribble. Her handle needs to improve just a little and she’ll be a crazy good triple threat player. She’s also adept at posting up smaller players and doesn’t make a big deal about it. Also finishes free throws like it’s no biggie. She’s just a great, blue collar player.

Dye is crazy athletic. Sometimes I just watch her for several plays. She rebounds so hard on every possession on both ends. Whether she gets the board or not she’s in there scrapping. She’s got great ability to finish. I love her ability to rake and take a little like Horston. She works the elbow and has a great sweep through one dribble move to the goal. She’s learning how to score around the size in the SEC where she was able to score over at Troy. She’s doing excellent though. We have three players nearly averaging a double double and Alexus is one of them.

Lots of great stuff, there VolBall09. With Green as the main rotational sub for Key at the five, the four often is occupied by either Dye or Puckett. The difference in styles and skills of those two must drive opposing teams nuts, as you alluded to. Dye has so many quick, athletic moves around the basket, and Puckett has that strength in the paint plus she can take her defender out to the perimeter. Puckett at the four rather than the three allows the rotation of Rae, Jordy, Darby, Wynn, and Walker on the wings. Miles adds so much with her minutes at the one. She is a valuable contributor. These freshmen and transfers have really added so much to the team. Kudos for Kellie's recruiting.

Lots of great stuff, there VolBall09. With Green as the main rotational sub for Key at the five, the four often is occupied by either Dye or Puckett. The difference in styles and skills of those two must drive opposing teams nuts, as you alluded to. Dye has so many quick, athletic moves around the basket, and Puckett has that strength in the paint plus she can take her defender out to the perimeter. Puckett at the four rather than the three allows the rotation of Rae, Jordy, Darby, Wynn, and Walker on the wings. Miles adds so much with her minutes at the one. She is a valuable contributor. These freshmen and transfers have really added so much to the team. Kudos for Kellie's recruiting.
one on one with tess darby govols 247 tess says"i get last year back" tess might be here five years it tells about her missing time last year lower leg injury. so this like tess first year. she would played more last year if was not hurt.

VN Store

Back