Tennessee Lady Vol News

Striplin is my GIRL! Even though she’s “only” — ha! — 6’3”, she’s more built for strength than any player we’ve had in decades, andI believe she will be one of those kids who will put in the work to maximize her strengths. By the end of this season, and certainly by the end of her sophomore season, I can see Striplin being the kind of fierce rebounder that will NEVER have the ball snatched out of her hands. She’ll be too strong for that.
Her work ethic is likely to rub off on some of our other players which will greatly improve the level of our team. This could be a breakout year for the program, which would be outspend with our younger team and the recruits for the next 2-3 years. We are about to explode.

Last edited:
Some additional games other than at UConn that were playing Texas and Stanford at home. Going to be a tough non-conference schedule then of course the SEC.

Looks like we are scheduling strong probably without the available personnel needed to win some of these games. I think it will help us as the season progresses because you always get better when you play better competition. The biggest problem may turn out to be contending with the nega vols if we lose to most of these top teams. Were going to be a better team next season don't know if we'll have a better record.

Looks like we are scheduling strong probably without the available personnel needed to win some of these games. I think it will help us as the season progresses because you always get better when you play better competition. The biggest problem may turn out to be contending with the nega vols if we lose to most of these top teams. Were going to be a better team next season don't know if we'll have a better record.

She's following Barnes's lead in scheduling elite competition before he built his roster to match them. It gives the program national visibility and says to recruits that we want to be among the best because we play the best.

Reactions: FormerLadyVolFan
She's following Barnes's lead in scheduling elite competition before he built his roster to match them. It gives the program national visibility and says to recruits that we want to be among the best because we play the best.

I like Adia Barnes but Pat Summitt created that. She scheduled every top team she could and even when she was the top team she took her team on the road to play the best teams. Kellie was subject to a lot of schedules others would have called crazy. So she learned directly from the best lol

The biggest problem should we lose all or most is that it gets used against us in recruiting. We have to win a few recruiting battles against top five teams to get where we want to be.

I like Adia Barnes but Pat Summitt created that. She scheduled every top team she could and even when she was the top team she took her team on the road to play the best teams. Kellie was subject to a lot of schedules others would have called crazy. So she learned directly from the best lol

I think his reference was to Rick Barnes. But, you are right about Pat leading the way on scheduling tough competition. She always scheduled with March in mind and said tough competition got the team ready.

Jim

VN Store

Back