Tennessee Kentucky on SEC Network

It will stop getting worse when they win an SEC game. The WV game is irrelevant.

Only to the SEC race and to fans that think we will lose. It's not irrelevant to anyone in the program. I am sure CJP is not telling the team that it's an irrelevant game. It's a win toward a bowl game. A win over a ranked opponent in week 1 when we really have no business being in contention for the SECE is very relevant to the season.

Reactions: 1 person
Sadly, UK is the one game we played last season where we outplayed the opponent yet still found ways to lose.

As Alabama fans like to say about the late 90s and early 2000s “We ain’t claiming them years.”

Came out to dinner and looked up to see Tennessee and Kentucky on SEC Network. My first though was “cool.” Then I remembered we lost. We lost every SEC game. I mean, we lost every SEC game last year. Seven months later it still seems like a bad dream. Someone please wake me up.

/rant.

ps the Kentucky replay just started so if you’re into that kind of thing...

My wife asked me if I wanted to watch it. I said, "No, we were 0-8 in SEC last year, remember? First time in history of the program we lost 8 games."

Wretched season it was.

:bammer:

I hate to say this but it could get worse. If we lose to fla then pretty sure we will lose to ga/bama/auburn. That with ending the year before last with a vandy loss would be 13 sec losses in a row. I am getting sick thinking of this possibility. I want to win every game but that is a tough stretch.

Oh it is rock bottom. It has to be.

Yeah say that like you used to say “at least we’ve never lost 8 games” and see what happens. Depending on how Pruitt turns out losing every SEC game isn’t close to as bad as it can get. 0-12 is very possible but hopefully Pruitt turns out to be better than CBJ who we all thought was gonna be better than Dooley based off his first few recruitIng classes.
Sadly strong starts and solid recruitinng don’t mean squat and I now refuse to praise a coach for anything but results on the field. Lyle ruined recruitIng for me.

Last edited:
Yeah say that like you used to say “at least we’ve never lost 8 games” and see what happens. Depending on how Pruitt turns out losing every SEC game isn’t close to as bad as it can get. 0-12 is very possible but hopefully Pruitt turns out to be better than CBJ who we all thought was gonna be better than Dooley based off his first few recruitIng classes.
Sadly strong starts and solid recruitinng don’t mean squat and I now refuse to praise a coach for anything but results on the field. Lyle ruined recruitIng for me.

0-12 is possible with any team, but not likely for UT. That is just way overboard and dramatic.

As bad as it’s been lately, every season had at least one or two wins you could go back and enjoy. Last year. Nope. Even the GT game was ugly to watch.

I hate to say this but it could get worse. If we lose to fla then pretty sure we will lose to ga/bama/auburn. That with ending the year before last with a vandy loss would be 13 sec losses in a row. I am getting sick thinking of this possibility. I want to win every game but that is a tough stretch.

Or we could lose to uf and beat the rest. Much like we beat uf and uga then lost to the bottom feeders. Stay thirsty my friend

The 2017 Kentucky game was when I knew the team was done. I know it’s probably sour grapes and I hate when opposing fans say it, but we lost that game. Kentucky didn’t win it. Nigel Warrior dropped the easiest game sealing INT of his life.

It’s ok, though. I have doubts about every team on our schedule, some more numerous than others. I even have a few doubts about Vandy, as pathetic as that is. Except I know we’re going to destroy Kentucky in Neyland. There isn’t a single doubt in my mind about that. That’s the one game I’m 100% confident in victory.

No 0-12 is not possible. That’s just stupid. Kentucky’s on the schedule. There’s a few slightly more difficult teams in UTEP, East TN and Charlotte, but those are wins. Also, I feel good about Vandy. I feel like we’ll win one of UF/SCAR, too. Mizzou will be tough, but that’s at home.

Reactions: 2 people

It took the worst UT team ever for Ky to beat us last year and the worst coach to lose to vandy so many times. If we can’t beat vandy and ky, I worry about our new coach.

Came out to dinner and looked up to see Tennessee and Kentucky on SEC Network. My first though was “cool.” Then I remembered we lost. We lost every SEC game. I mean, we lost every SEC game last year. Seven months later it still seems like a bad dream. Someone please wake me up.

/rant.

ps the Kentucky replay just started so if you’re into that kind of thing...

This thread...

Attachments

• 7D67256B-6D1E-4699-AACA-74E0761B308E.jpg
    7D67256B-6D1E-4699-AACA-74E0761B308E.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 0
Didn’t mean to set everyone off. The whole season still just seems surreal to me. 😬

Seems like a bad dream until you wake up and realize it was real. I think the culture change CJP is trying to instill will improve the team. A bowl game this upcoming season will be a good first step.

There was one year when Majors was coaching that we started off like 0-6, but then won the last 5 (no bowl, 11 game season). That 0-6 was my previous low as a Vol fan before after the Vandy game last year. We went 11-1 and won the SEC the next year if I remember correctly though, so hope springs eternal.

Decades from now there will be disagreement on the series records as most Sec schools will state they have one more win but somewhere reality will be "that wasn't Tennessee football in 2017".

There was one year when Majors was coaching that we started off like 0-6, but then won the last 5 (no bowl, 11 game season). That 0-6 was my previous low as a Vol fan before after the Vandy game last year. We went 11-1 and won the SEC the next year if I remember correctly though, so hope springs eternal.

You remembered correctly 1988 we ended up at 5-6 & then in 1989 (Fulmer's first year at OC) we finished at 11-1.

You're welcome.
-Signed Sgt. Carter

VN Store

Back