Tennessee in the LLWS

I mean, if you want to think they changed their baseball logo because of a few kid’s dad’s connection to Vandy, feel free to think it.
i didn’t say they changed it, I said it’s modeled after Vandy. I would bet everything Vandy’s logo was in existence before Nolensville little league used a black and gold star and N.

i didn’t say they changed it, I said it’s modeled after Vandy. I would bet everything Vandy’s logo was in existence before Nolensville little league used a black and gold star and N.

I’m not saying that. I thought you were implying that because 2 kids have a Vandy connection, that they modeled the logo after Vandy.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I mean, if you want to think they changed their baseball logo because of a few kid’s dad’s connection to Vandy, feel free to think it.

Ok I’m editing because it sounded snarky.

They have had this scheme for awhile from what I can remember.

I really don’t believe it’s because of any other reason.
As recently as 2017 they were still known as South Nashville LL and the entire organization’s logo was completely different. In the spring of 2021 their logo was a black and gray NB (presumably for Nolensville Baseball). In the summer of 2021 it appears they started using the star and N.

Attachments

• 656B744D-8718-4CCA-AB26-4DF021A455F2.jpeg
    656B744D-8718-4CCA-AB26-4DF021A455F2.jpeg
    54.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 64DE8B5A-800A-4D84-AE22-445B1A7B71BA.jpeg
    64DE8B5A-800A-4D84-AE22-445B1A7B71BA.jpeg
    44 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: StarRaider
Nolensville adds another run in the bottom of the fourth.

5-1 Nolensville after 4

As recently as 2017 they were still known as South Nashville LL and the entire organization’s logo was completely different. In the spring of 2021 their logo was a black and gray NB (presumably for Nolensville Baseball). In the summer of 2021 it appears they started using the star and N.

Edit: directly from the Tennesseean in 2021

“The league relocated farther south to Nolensville, with an agreement it would keep the name South Nashville Little League for three years. That agreement expired in 2020, and the league's board changed the name to Nolensville Little League. Thus, new uniforms were needed. The coaches came up with the idea to model the uniforms after Vanderbilt, a hometown team to which Nolensville players looked up and whose uniforms they loved. The presence of the Browns didn't hurt, either. Scott Brown’s son has been involved with the Nolensville Little League all-stars since fall 2019.”

“The coaches came up with the idea to model the uniforms after Vanderbilt, a hometown team to which Nolensville players looked up and whose uniforms they loved. The presence of the Browns didn't hurt, either.”
I stand corrected.

They used a star for a few years. Prior. Even our coaches shirts in football (Nolensville Panthers) had a star on it.

“The league relocated farther south to Nolensville, with an agreement it would keep the name South Nashville Little League for three years. That agreement expired in 2020, and the league's board changed the name to Nolensville Little League. Thus, new uniforms were needed. The coaches came up with the idea to model the uniforms after Vanderbilt, a hometown team to which Nolensville players looked up and whose uniforms they loved. The presence of the Browns didn't hurt, either. Scott Brown’s son has been involved with the Nolensville Little League all-stars since fall 2019.”
I would love to know if you asked all parents of these kids, more would be Vol fans.

3 outs away from the rematch with Hawai'i

Nolensville added 2 in the bottom of the fifth to take a 6 run lead into the final half inning of regulation

I would love to know if you asked all parents of these kids, more would be Vol fans.
We know Ingle Martin’s kid isn’t lol. Depends on how many of them are native Tennesseean’s probably. When I lived around there roughly 70% of the families in our church in Williamson Co. were from somewhere other than TN.

Sounds like another recruiting challenge that CTV will rise to in his usual spectacular fashion.

Sounds like another recruiting challenge that CTV will rise to in his usual spectacular fashion.
I told my boss, he needs to tell his family, this team plays more like the team in Knoxville than West End, in terms of rarely being out of a game and fighting until the end, therefore the uniforms going forward should reflect that. Nash’s dad is a UTK alum but has been at Vandy for 12 years so it’s all the kid knows unfortunately. Probably hard to openly root for your alma mater when you’re employed by their biggest “rival”.

I told my boss, he needs to tell his family, this team plays more like the team in Knoxville than West End, in terms of rarely being out of a game and fighting until the end, therefore the uniforms going forward should reflect that. Nash’s dad is a UTK alum but has been at Vandy for 12 years so it’s all the kid knows unfortunately. Probably hard to openly root for your alma mater when you’re employed by their biggest “rival”.
Good stuff. Vols will always be top dog across the state of Tennessee. The company (institution in this case) who’s signing your checks you have to be loyal to. I still think most parents are pro-Tennessee.

VN Store

Back