Tennessee in the debatable 8

If you are right about the talent regardless of the Coach this team should have had 4-5 more wins just by rolling the ball out and being more athletic!
This is individual talent. You have to convert individual talent into team talent.

The Lady Vols are not deserving of a bid to the NCAA tournament. CHW should not be rewarded for her bad coaching of her team. Either or she needs to resign or get Fired. Today!!

Reactions: di21 and PG1
The Lady Vols are not deserving of a bid to the NCAA tournament. CHW should not be rewarded for her bad coaching of her team. Either or she needs to resign or get Fired. Today!!

The LVs making the tourney and finding a new and better coach should be separate issues.

Getting an at large bid is not about "deserving" but having enough quality wins to clear the bar. The LVs did that; they have (hopefully) earned their way in. There is no rule that says underachieving teams can't make the NCAA. The LVs should not be a bubble team but they are and they will also be on the right side of the bubble. If Creme's projections are correct, the odds of them playing behind the opening weekend are pretty low.

The bid, is not CHW's reward, it is the program's
Just because one isn't deemed worthy, all shouldn't have to suffer

I am with you, she needs to resign or get fired
but it shouldn't involve punishment for those who put effort and passion out there

This is individual talent. You have to convert individual talent into team talent.

Perfectly put

Players are made in the off-season
teams are made in the saeson

Penn's SOS does them in -- it's 142 compared to Princeton's 75.
You're aware that the 142 versus 75 figures you cite are already part of the RPI? And it counts for 50%? And Penn's RPI was higher than Tennessee's? If you think RPI's weight of 50% Strength of Schedule is too low, you need to say what weight you think it should be and recompute RPI for every school in the NCAA.

Geez! We get it! You believe all this team needs is someone to give them a run thru the brick wall speech for me! And a few hours of personal training!! You claim to be on speed dial by all means call them and apply for the job! Just tell Fulmer everything you say on this board and you are just the magical person they need! And let them know you can be there tomorrow! Bam! You are hired! And seriously I wish you luck! For me personally I believe there are more problems with this team than just the Coach!

It starts and ends with the coach. Holly is not
a good head coach. She was an assistant coach for years, never knew of any other school wanting her as their head coach.

It starts and ends with the coach. Holly is not
a good head coach. She was an assistant coach for years, never knew of any other school wanting her as their head coach.

Maybe so, but they won't fire her.

I don't mind the 64 teams, but I personally think they should get away from Conference Tournaments all together. Let the regular season winner be the automatic qualifier and then select the remaining teams based on SOS, Conference Records, Last 10 games, etc. I think a minimum requirement should be going .500 in your conference.

There are several examples of very good mid-major teams winning their regular season and having a bad game during tournament and not making it in. I just don't think that is fair. You reward teams for how they do during the season, not if they have a good weekend.

On the other hand using regular season champs can get down to circumstance as well when you have multiple teams tie for the season and you have to employ tie breakers.. one guy standing at the end of the tournament is cleaner. Both are subject to bad breaks, bad officials, and even the tournament is impacted by seeding during the regular season issues.... no perfect methods out there...

VN Store

Back